2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 65 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#213240 - 28/02/05 06:37 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whered the funny kid go that everyone was making fun of...? can we bring him back and get back on subject....this is some funny sh*t...

#213241 - 28/02/05 10:06 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Last I saw he was giving advice on how to keep your brakes from making noise by breaking off the squeal tabs on the pads.

Tom

#213242 - 01/03/05 12:35 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XterraNut808:
over 90% of the SUVs out there are stock, yet it seems that other 10% want to give everyone grief. in my parking lot there are 8 parking spots and 4 of them are occupied by xterras. all of them, including mine, are stock.

how the hell do these hardcore offroad cats have internet access anyway? shouldnt they be out running over the wildlife? :rolleyes:

#213243 - 01/03/05 01:11 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
datz510 Offline

Loc: Mesa, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Unda_Kuva:

how the hell do these hardcore offroad cats have internet access anyway? shouldnt they be out running over the wildlife? :rolleyes: [/QB]
Thats really not funny.. As the owner of one of those trucks pictured, we do our part to keep trails open, volunteer our time & muscle to help the forest service, show up to land use meetings, and we all follow the Tread Lightly philosophy. All in hope that these places will be available in the future for others to enjoy.

I've been watching this thread and just shaking my head in disbelief. The kid has to start somewhere.. Its his truck, and he can do what he wants to it. It may not be pretty, but it sure looks like it works for his needs. I think its great, really.. thats how I started fabricating things. After a while, if he keeps it up, he'll get pretty good at it. Function with good form is something that is very hard to implement when fabricating.. it almost has an artistic requirement to it. You look at what needs to be made and then figure out how to do it and make it look nice too. Until you can get to that level, you make things that simply work.. and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

You guys that are saying that the world would be better off without the kid obviously were never young. I did a lot of stupid stuff when I was a kid.. just because it seemed like a good idea at the time. But, good Lord, give the "life lesson lectures" a break. I read through these threads and chuckle at the ridiculous level of judgement some of you pass onto others on here.

So, anyway.. just 2c from one of the so called "hardcore offroad cats" (but I really dont think I am).

#213244 - 01/03/05 01:11 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
how the hell do these hardcore offroad cats have internet access anyway? shouldnt they be out running over the wildlife?
wow... you really want to start a fight, don't you...

No, we don't run over wildlife. Not unless I missed biology class, and the rocks and dirt are alive. Sure, microorganisms, but you run over those on pavement.

#213245 - 01/03/05 02:16 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

after a comment like that, i'd say it looks like he has too many xterras under his name...

#213246 - 01/03/05 02:35 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by datz510:
I've been watching this thread and just shaking my head in disbelief. The kid has to start somewhere.. Its his truck, and he can do what he wants to it. It may not be pretty, but it sure looks like it works for his needs. I think its great, really.. thats how I started fabricating things...
Im sure his mom is real proud of what Dumpy Jr. did to his truck too. It may be his humble beginnings but the reaction it recieved can not be that unexpected.

Perhaps had he not had a history of doing stupid things (120psi in the coolant, cutting wear tabs on brakes, saying it is cool to overload the towing cap on a truck etc.) then this would not even be an issue.

This kid is like so many that go on American Idol thinking they are the shit and then get knocked down by people because they suck. Then they get all upset because they still do not know how much they suck.

Being a kid and doing stupid things is one thing.. Going on the internet and trying to pass off those things as wisdom is another.

#213247 - 01/03/05 04:41 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Quote:
[b]how the hell do these hardcore offroad cats have internet access anyway? shouldnt they be out running over the wildlife?

No, we don't run over wildlife. Not unless I missed biology class, and the rocks and dirt are alive. Sure, microorganisms, but you run over those on pavement.[/b]
i knew it would strike a nerve w/ the offroaders. [Finger] hmm..funny how u guys hounding this kid w/ untrue comments for 12 pages then getting offended when i post one about your segment of the xterra population.

#213248 - 01/03/05 05:00 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

What's untrue about the posts in this topic Unda?!?

#213249 - 02/03/05 07:13 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
[b]
Quote:
[b]how the hell do these hardcore offroad cats have internet access anyway? shouldnt they be out running over the wildlife?

No, we don't run over wildlife. Not unless I missed biology class, and the rocks and dirt are alive. Sure, microorganisms, but you run over those on pavement.[/b]
i knew it would strike a nerve w/ the offroaders. [Finger] hmm..funny how u guys hounding this kid w/ untrue comments for 12 pages then getting offended when i post one about your segment of the xterra population.[/b]
If you were paying attention, most of tthe offroading segment of owners AREN'T hounding this kid...

#213250 - 02/03/05 07:25 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

#213251 - 02/03/05 07:59 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't beleive this is still going........and I can't believe how stupid this kid is......its not even the welding of the lights on the sheet metal that takes the cake, it is all the pure stupid comments he has made afterwards......wow :rolleyes: ......I just can't understand how someoen can be so stupid.......I mean an IQ under 90 means you may have mental disablilties ro something.....this dude has got to be hovering around 90.4 or so........wow.......hope he comes back for more.

#213252 - 02/03/05 09:20 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, but you have to admit that this has been one of the funnier threads in a long while.

#213253 - 02/03/05 07:36 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
over 90% of the SUVs out there are stock, yet it seems that other 10% want to give everyone grief. in my parking lot there are 8 parking spots and 4 of them are occupied by xterras. all of them, including mine, are stock.

how the hell do these hardcore offroad cats have internet access anyway? shouldnt they be out running over the wildlife? :rolleyes:
You are an idiot.

Owners of said trucks pictured:

One is an electrical engineer.
One is a systems tech
One is a bank vice president
One is a truck driver

Also as one of the owners of a truck in the picture, I'll echo the sentiments of Datz510. Until you've gone out and volunteered your time and money to keeping trails open and getting involved in land use issues, shut the fuck up.

Your stock Xterra wouldn't run 1/3 of the trails around here. We love wheeling, and we love our public lands even more.

I'd much rather run YOU over. Dick.

#213254 - 02/03/05 08:58 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

i'd just like to add on to Desert_Rat's post that he forgot to say...

"case in point"...

"check mate"...

"thank you, come again"...

any of those will do.

#213255 - 03/03/05 08:15 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you think what badcarma did was bad just wait. The early xterra's are getting cheap enough that the high school kids are going to start getting them en mass. Then the light mod will look almost marginal smile

#213256 - 03/03/05 08:46 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
i'd just like to add on to Desert_Rat's post that he forgot to say...

"case in point"...

"check mate"...

"thank you, come again"...

any of those will do.
forgot "thanks for coming out champ......"

#213257 - 03/03/05 09:02 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
off2cjb Offline

Must be hillbilly night at the local trailer park bar and grill. Yeehaw! You can always tell the king of the Texas trailer park by the size of his truck....... smile

#213258 - 03/03/05 09:17 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
datz510 Offline

Hehe. At least these trucks are functional. Texas trailer park trucks aren't.

#213259 - 03/03/05 09:35 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

That would be funny, if the picture were in Texas. Or if there were any trailers in sight. Or...

[ThumbsDown]

#213260 - 03/03/05 09:49 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
desert _rat...that picture of you like 4 of ur guys' rigs parked in someones driveway...is like one of my favorite pictures...

The thing that bugs me most about this picture is the unfinished driveway.
[Crybaby]

#213261 - 03/03/05 09:59 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
datz510 Offline

Thats my house.. Up until 5 years ago, my neighborhood didnt even have paved roads.. just sand roads. People still drive sand rails and quads around though. Its a great place to live. I'd like to put down more concrete eventually. Most places around here have gravel driveways.

#213262 - 03/03/05 12:04 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
off2cjb Offline

As long as you know...I was poking fun at the picture, not the people, trucks, house, neighborhood, etc..... It looks like something you would find submitted on that redneck photo site. laugh

#213263 - 03/03/05 04:41 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll forgive it off2cjb....but only if you say the blue truck in the middle is the coolest truck ever laugh

#213264 - 03/03/05 05:12 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
The thing that bugs me most about this picture is the unfinished driveway.
[Crybaby]
ah, who needs a driveway!

cool picture to whoever posted it.

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal