2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#213580 - 14/01/04 11:35 AM Re: video
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, dont blame me for bad dreams. IF you have yet to the video to which I am refering then let it be known it is very graphic, and it proves we are capable of horrible shit.
Let me know what it is you see.

#213581 - 14/01/04 11:58 AM Re: video
Anonymous
Unregistered

well judging by your warnings, i dont think i am going to watch the video... last time i watched that kid get hit with the skateboard (video forum), it pissed me off so much i couldnt stop thinking about it for a week...

i assume this would be much worse, and i dont really want to anger myself any more over these videos... i do think the war is just, i know some people in the middle east are capable of some very messed up shit, and i really dont think i want to see anything too brutal, due to the fact that it will just enrage me.

god bless our troops..

#213582 - 14/01/04 12:08 PM Re: video
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is disturbing, I dont think it would enrage you, but more or less say to yourself "I cant believe this sort of shit goes on" and I can assure you that it does.
The video is during the Russian/Chechin (sp) War, Im not sure if it is a Russian soldier or viceversa, but the captured soldier is being held down by his captures and they cut of his head with a big knife while tapeing it. THe sound of the man gurgling as he exsanguinates.
It is fucked up.

#213583 - 14/01/04 12:42 PM Re: video
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
If you have a weak stomach, weak heart, or get nightmares...then do not watch that video. Very gruesome and fucked up.

#213584 - 14/01/04 12:43 PM Re: video
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
Great post Airborn (Thanks for your service)although my military experience 4+ active Navy, 8 Army Guard did not put me in the middle of one on one fire fights I was able to glimps the atrocities of war/terror. I spent 2 weeks digging small children from the Murrah building in OKC and was part of the MNPKF in Beruit in the early 80's.

The lad just doesn't understand. Join up dude. You wanna killem all I know a place you can get a weapon and a ticket. The USMC will be happy to help you out.

#213585 - 14/01/04 02:39 PM Re: video
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Originally posted by spalind:
...we will all just have to agree to disagree on the point of wether we should have just premptivly nuked Iraq...I am heartend however to see that most of you support the troops and desire and end to regimes like Saddams, though I cant agree on the "blood for oil" opinions of some....

I totally support our troops. It's the idiots in Washington who send them off to die for no good reason that I have a problem with. Oh, and people who imply that questioning the war in Iraq means you don't support the troops.

If you disagree about us being far more involved in places that just happen to have massive oil reserves, how about explaining why we aren't out there stopping every murderous dictator?

To answer the post about military service, I was in the Naval Reserve from '92 to '00 and never got close to combat, but my father was Army infantry in WWII...made 3 amphibious landings (Guam, Philippines, Okinawa) and twice earned the Bronze Star for valor. He also saw combat during two tours in the Korean War. He didn't like to talk about his wartime experiences.

#213586 - 14/01/04 06:01 PM Re: video
Anonymous
Unregistered

TRihead and bluesky, Regardless of where you served or what you served in Regular military of reserve, the point is you served.
While in Saudi and Bosni I served next to reserve and They were good soldiers. Bullets are not prejudice, they wont divert from any target (I understand people kill people not guns, just covering my ass.) Bluesky godbless your grandfather those men are heros, my grandfather unfortunatly died in Italy. I could not imagine storming a beach into a wall of bullets.
War is a very sensitive subject as we all can see here, far be it for us to judge the actions of those in a combat situation where decisions must be made in seconds, same for the politicians, as much as I despise them I wold not want their job.

#213587 - 18/01/04 08:11 AM Re: video
InfX708 Offline

Loc: Ft. Bragg, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by airbornenurse:
... and I pray my kids dont have to see or experience it.
I'll drink to that. Seeing a guy with his knee blown off was bad. Watching 5 burned bodies get pulled out of a Black Hawk was worse. I think I'll be doing a lot of drinking when I get home.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal