shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#213638 - 01/09/05 11:24 AM Re: They had it coming...
Anonymous
Unregistered

off2cjb - you got it man, me and the ACLU are hard at work trying to censor you, man are you paranoid. forget it dude.
oh by the way, your aim handle in your profile is
"dingers4him"? thats hysterical!
if you like dinging men, why are you so bent out of shape? Its o.k. you can come out to the loving members here at XOC.

wink

#213639 - 01/09/05 11:27 AM Re: They had it coming...
Anonymous
Unregistered

dude who said "muscley"?

it was a joke man. get it, he can pick up dudes.
i was trying to be funny till dingers4him started being a douchebag.

#213640 - 01/09/05 11:32 AM Re: They had it coming...
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
Quote:
Originally posted by Trihead:
[b]God talks to him.

And he drinks poison and he handles deadly snakes to prove his faith.
Why aren't you the one who consistantly cries about the stereotyping that goes on here, yet here you are, stereotyping all Christians into this one neat box so you can hate.[/b]
Not me I think sterotypes are hysterical and I don't hate anyone.

I actually admire the faith of many Christians. I don't understand it most of the time and don't agree with it most of the time but hate isn't in my world. If it works for you I am happy to hear you have found peace. To me that is what is important. Some of the comments that you have made in the past have given me a mental picture of what you/who you are. I understand that what comes out in these forums is not always what a person is in real life.

#213641 - 01/09/05 11:38 AM Re: They had it coming...
Claus Offline

Quote:
Sorry you non-believers cannot accept the fact that our God is a vengeful one. The great flood, Sodom and Gomarrah, locusts, Red Sea, etc...

I am not saying the hurricane was sent from God to destroy NO days before a queer party, but He does make his presence known when He is pissed. His ways are not ours, so don't try wrapping your brain around it.
Did I get anything wrong?.

My office staff of 13 contains about 25% Gays, they have an excellent sense of ha ha, dresses amazing, have excellent taste in almost everything. I have NOTHING against their lifestyle as I do not care what goes on in their bedroom, Nor do I care what hetro's do in the privacy of their own home....

If you thing being Gay is a choice you are a sad individual.

The only thing I do not see the point of is them having special rights...they are HUMAN BEINGS who were born different, should be accepted as long as the sexual part is kept private...

Sorry to dissapoint you off2blowalterboys, I am as hetro as they come, happily married with a gem of a daughter.

I believe you are judged on who you are not what you are, so the way I see it, God created Hetro's and Gay's equally, you sir, are going to hell for spreading your twisted views...

#213642 - 01/09/05 12:42 PM Re: They had it coming...
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Amen, Claus!

#213643 - 01/09/05 12:54 PM Re: They had it coming...
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]God talks to him.

And he drinks poison and he handles deadly snakes to prove his faith.
Why aren't you the one who consistantly cries about the stereotyping that goes on here, yet here you are, stereotyping all Christians into this one neat box so you can hate.[/b]
Not me I think sterotypes are hysterical and I don't hate anyone.

I actually admire the faith of many Christians. I don't understand it most of the time and don't agree with it most of the time but hate isn't in my world. If it works for you I am happy to hear you have found peace. To me that is what is important. Some of the comments that you have made in the past have given me a mental picture of what you/who you are. I understand that what comes out in these forums is not always what a person is in real life.[/b]
Kewl, thank you. I like your thought process. I too have respect for people of all faiths. We do have our share of those who tend to be out there. Yes you right, we all form a mental picture of each other based on what we read here.

#213644 - 01/09/05 01:09 PM Re: They had it coming...
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Originally posted by Smith:
Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
[b]How did this thread become so [Rainbow] ???
You think it's [Rainbow] now, wait until Christ shows up.[/b]
Fixed. [Uh Oh !]

#213645 - 01/09/05 02:28 PM Re: They had it coming...
BradLee Offline

Loc: Black Hills
Top notch, completly, hilarious, funny ass, thread.

Special Thanks too.

off2cjb
Claus
NY Madman

Redsox1113: Quote:how much do you bench?Quote Come on dude really. And No, I don't mean cum on a dude!

#213646 - 01/09/05 03:02 PM Re: They had it coming...
Claus Offline

Love a good web scrap.....

What makes it so much more enjoyable is that some people actually takes offense to it, prolly goes home and eats a pint of Ben and Jerry's...

[Finger]

#213647 - 01/09/05 05:01 PM Re: They had it coming...
Weasel Offline

Loc: San Antonio

YAY RELIGION!

/I love this GIF

Me: Um, That's Dan Marino...

#213648 - 01/09/05 05:48 PM Re: They had it coming...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Repent America. ????
GET THE FUCK OUT!
and no, I dont care how many of those stupid little trucks I have under my name

[Finger] [Finger] [Finger] [Finger] [Finger]

#213649 - 01/09/05 06:04 PM Re: They had it coming...
lemsip Offline

Loc: Lakewood, CO
Seems God is a passive aggressive in his wrath. What a dude, put thousands on the streets because some men like each others bum crumbs. Why would anyone worship such a cunt ?

#213650 - 01/09/05 06:14 PM Re: They had it coming...
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Hey - as long as we have so many religeous scholars present...I have a serious question...

In the bible, we have things said by people other than God or Jesus...kind of like reporters or roving philosophers...big fans of Jesus, etc.

When they said things, we now seem to be acting as if a desciple's words are somehow the same as the words of Jesus, or God...

I mean, these guys were for slaves behaving and doing what they're masters told them to, and other questionable views...so some of what they say is taken as kind of a religeous law...as in if you go against what they say, its a sin....and some of what they say is ignored, even by religeous leaders....so there seems to be no clear cut way of interpreting their words...Judas was a desciple, he screwed up, but lets say he didn't screw up...today what ever he said would be something we're supposed to live by?

Are some of them considered more reliable than others....like we ignore Judas, but follow Luke?

If Jesus said it, does it mean more than if say, Luke said it?

So - What's the religeous experts opinion on how to interpret what desciples said?

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#213651 - 01/09/05 07:37 PM Re: They had it coming...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
Hey - as long as we have so many religeous scholars present...I have a serious question...

In the bible, we have things said by people other than God or Jesus...kind of like reporters or roving philosophers...big fans of Jesus, etc.

When they said things, we now seem to be acting as if a desciple's words are somehow the same as the words of Jesus, or God...

I mean, these guys were for slaves behaving and doing what they're masters told them to, and other questionable views...so some of what they say is taken as kind of a religeous law...as in if you go against what they say, its a sin....and some of what they say is ignored, even by religeous leaders....so there seems to be no clear cut way of interpreting their words...Judas was a desciple, he screwed up, but lets say he didn't screw up...today what ever he said would be something we're supposed to live by?

Are some of them considered more reliable than others....like we ignore Judas, but follow Luke?

If Jesus said it, does it mean more than if say, Luke said it?

So - What's the religeous experts opinion on how to interpret what desciples said?
It's actually pretty simple. When a priest tells you it's "our little secret", then it's obviously not coming from above...

But seriously, I can't figure this one out. The original article says the butt-pirates weren't having their fudge fest for another 2 days, right? So are you telling me God didn't know what day he was supposed to wipe out New Orleans?? He was 2 days early. I mean, I was taught to be on time... Is God trying to tell me I should be 2 days early to everything? SONUVA' BITCH!!! I haven't seen that in the freaking bible. Damn. Now I gotta' read the whole thing over again. Hope that fucking priest doesn't want me to come over and study anymore...

laugh

#213652 - 01/09/05 08:30 PM Re: They had it coming...
Anonymous
Unregistered

TJ,

If you really mean that as a serious question, I can offer you what I understand.

Assuming you are asking about the books in the New Testament which aren't part of the gospel (that being Mathew, Mark, Luke, or John)...

The majority of the rest of the new testament was penned by Paul (formerly Saul) and Peter (as in the disciple), through God's inspiration. So, in Paul and Peter's own words, they wrote the ideas that God put in their heads.

As for whether or not we worship Paul and/or Peter.. I certainly hope no Christian is worshiping them or Mary (Jesus' mother) for that matter. They were all sinners just like you and I.

Now, as for your question about taking the teachings in the New Testament as "religious law". Nothing in the books are religious law for there is no more religious law. Jesus resurrection set us all free from the law that the old testament had established, by fulfilling what the law had said.

I guess you could sum it all up in this command (paraphrased) 'Believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord, confess with your mouth that God raised him from the dead, and repent your sins.' The non-gospel books support this message.

If I didn't answer your question fully or you'd like me to expound on something, just ask. I'd be happy to discuss it with you.

The biggest problem people have in reading the books of the New Testament is that the books were written to specific groups of people for specific reasons. If you don't take care to understand what was being said and the context in which it was said, you can miss the point and the meaning can be drastically different. So, exegesis is very important. Few adolescents today know what all the metaphors in the Don McLean song "American Pie" mean. Yet, in the 70s, when Don wrote the song, people knew exactly what and who he was talking about.

#213653 - 02/09/05 01:17 PM Re: They had it coming...
Anonymous
Unregistered

#213654 - 03/09/05 08:05 AM Re: They had it coming...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
...Yo're writing checks your brother's body can't cash...

[QB]
was that a bad Top Gun quote?

#213655 - 03/09/05 02:08 PM Re: They had it coming...
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
I know it is a choice because God would not create something he does not like.
OK, could go two ways with this statement:

1) How do you know? Spoken to God lately, have you?

or

2) Well, God created choice therefore if they choose to be gay he must like gay people

Quote:
Once again, it is that simple.
Yes, you are... :rolleyes:

Quote:
I do have close friends who are gay.
I doubt that. Either your lying or their stupid for associating with someone who thinks their very existence will send them straight to hell.

#213656 - 03/09/05 03:58 PM Re: They had it coming...
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
Quote:
Sorry you non-believers cannot accept the fact that our God is a vengeful one. ...
As a non-believer, I accept the "fact" that your God is very vengeful. That is why I will not put my faith in such an angry energy.

Now, you say if all followed this faith, then that energy would not have to be so angry. Might be true, but then that energy would have everyone in its corner and just wipe you out at once.

Sorry I pray to my boots, they have saved my life countless times.

#213657 - 03/09/05 06:59 PM Re: They had it coming...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Well, God created choice therefore if they choose to be gay he must like gay people.
Dr. No, you've stumbled upon the paradox that is Free Will. We humans have the ability to choose whatever we like (right or wrong). We may chose to do right or we may chose to sin. It's up to us to choose. The fact that we choose wrong sometimes doesn't reflect poorly upon the God that gave us that freewill and expects/instructs us to do Good. It reflects upon our sinful nature.

That's the whole trick of freewill - the ability to disappoint a God who loves us and wants us to choose the moral good.

If we didn't have that free will, we would be no better than puppets on a string. Would a parent be proud of their kid for behaving well if their kid had no choice but to behave?

#213658 - 04/09/05 04:38 PM Re: They had it coming...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm pretty shocked and saddened by the insensitivity of some individuals to the suffering of other human beings. People are dying and people need help. I don't care what religion anyone is -- if your God says it's important to help your fellow man in need, please consider helping NOW:

I'm trying to help get the word out. Although they have gotten most evacuees out of New Orleans and are in a recovery mode in New Orleans, the Red Cross will need all the help it can get to run the hundreds of shelters it is setting up around the neighboring states, for many months to come. I was a refugee from VietNam, coming here with nothing, and I owe a great debt to this country, and seeing the horrible images both saddens me and moves me to take some kind of action. If it was a disaster in California, I'd want my fellow Americans to help too. Please help me spread the word! This information applies to my local area, but anyone can donate directly by calling 1800HELPNOW, online at redcross.org, or volunteer at your local Red Cross.
---------------------
With the devastation of Hurricane Katrina, many Orange Country residents want to help.

Here’s what you can do:

ORANGE COUNTY RED CROSS
The Red Cross has initiated a special hotline for inquiries about Hurricane Katrina. Call (714) 384-0754 for information on donations and volunteer opportunities. The Red Cross is specifically looking for individuals who have already received the following training:
• CERT
• Citizen Corp
• Sheltering training
• Other specialized disaster/first aid training

Disaster Workers Critically Needed!

The Red Cross is also offering a free introduction to disaster service for volunteers who are willing to travel and volunteer at the disaster site for one to three weeks as part of the national Disaster Services Human Resources (DSHR)system. Classes are currently being set up and participants must pre-register. Call (714) 481-5300 Ext. 5337 for specific times and dates

Financial donations are critically needed.

Go online to www.oc-redcross.org or send check to:

American Red Cross of Orange County
% Hurricane Katrina
P.O. Box 894324
Los Angeles 90189

#213659 - 06/09/05 10:04 AM Re: They had it coming...
PrimeX Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx.
Quote:
Yo're writing checks your brother's body can't cash.[/QB]
Do you feel the need? The need FOR SPEED!?

#213660 - 06/09/05 10:24 AM Re: They had it coming...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Negative ghost rider, the pattern is full.

#213661 - 06/09/05 10:28 AM Re: They had it coming...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Slider, (sniff,sniff) you stink.

#213662 - 06/09/05 10:33 AM Re: They had it coming...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yee Haw!! Jesters dead!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal