2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#213818 - 24/04/03 07:50 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by Stone4x4:
Hey, Moby.

I'm not a bible thumper. I didn't bring up religion at all. Is that all you have there lefty? Anytime someone points out your ways of ,ahem, wisdom you have to pull something like that out of (pun intended ) your ass?

I'm just sick of gay people acting like the world hates them and conspires against them. Just BE, and leave the rest of us alone. I'm sorry it offends you that as a man I like women.

Religion has nothing to do with it you hetero-phobe. What exactly are you afraid of, that our women will out shop you or something. Get over it already.
Um...let's see... I said I was only making a point, nothing more.

And to correct your assumption, I prefer women as well.

Get over it.

Oh, and by the way... I noticed you didn't respond to my request to show where anyone called for his job/head.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#213819 - 24/04/03 08:00 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
I would say after Todrick, Graham is the most hated user on this board. Well at least what I have heard.
Hmmm . . .

Yup, I would say that is true. Very true.

I cannot find fault in that statement.

905 posts, and you finally got a factual, truthful statement out. I'm glad to have helped, and to have been a part of it.

#213820 - 24/04/03 08:18 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
electrobuzz Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
I am just smart enough (barely!) to see that there are morons and/or extremists in both parties. Hmmm, Cliton and Bore come to mind for Democratic morons. The two of them together were maybe a slight bit more intelligent than Dan Quayle. Or maybe not? confused again!
I agree, Chuck, there are morons and extremists in both parties. But Clinton AND Gore *maybe* smarter than Quayle? Wow, a bit of a reach there. Clinton was a Rhodes scholar. While Gore's "initiative in creating the Internet" was a definite boner, nothing matches up these gems:

I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people." -- J. Danforth Quayle

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." -- J. Danforth Quayle

"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child." -- Vice President Dan Quayle

"Welcome to President Bush, Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts." -- Vice President Dan Quayle

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe." -- Vice President Dan Quayle, 8/11/89

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is." -- Vice President Dan Quayle

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century." -- Vice President Dan Quayle, 9/15/88

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change." -- Vice President Dan Quayle, 5/22/89

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'." -- Vice President Dan Quayle, 12/6/89

"May our nation continue to be the beakon of hope to the world." -- The Quayles' 1989 Christmas card. [Not a beacon of literacy, though.]

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things." -- Vice President Dan Quayle, 11/30/88

"We don't want to go back to tomorrow, we want to go forward." -- Vice President Dan Quayle

"I have made good judgements in the Past. I have made good judgements in the Future." -- Vice President Dan Quayle

"The future will be better tomorrow." -- Vice President Dan Quayle

"We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world." -- Vice President Dan Quayle, 9/21/88

"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history." -- Vice President Dan Quayle

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." -- Vice President Dan Quayle to Sam Donaldson, 8/17/89

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a *part* of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a *part* of Europe." -- Vice President Dan Quayle

"Public speaking is very easy." -- Vice President Dan Quayle to reporters in 10/88

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican." -- Vice President Dan Quayle

"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix." -- Vice President Dan Quayle

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls." -- Vice President Dan Quayle

"When I have been asked during these last weeks who caused the riots and the killing in L.A., my answer has been direct and simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame." -- Vice President Dan Quayle

"Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it." -- Vice President Dan Quayle, 5/20/92(reported in Esquire, 8/92)

"Murphy Brown is doing better than I am. At least she knows she still has a job next year." -- Vice President Dan Quayle, 8/18/92

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur." -- Vice President Dan Quayle, 9/22/90

"For NASA, space is still a high priority." -- Vice President Dan Quayle, 9/5/90

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children." -- Vice President Dan Quayle, 9/18/90

"The American people would not want to know of any misquotes that Dan Quayle may or may not make." --Vice President Dan Quayle

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made." --Vice President Dan Quayle

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." -- Vice President Dan Quayle

"[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system." -- Vice President Dan Quayle

I really miss that spotlight on ol' DQ.

#213821 - 24/04/03 08:33 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Electrobuzz ... Like Dan Quayle don't you?

Everyone can agree that he was not the sharpest politician. He is also not representative of his party. He was however as loyal as a dog.

One thing is certain. The Republican Party is not loaded with radical anti-American scum like the Democratic Party is.

#213822 - 24/04/03 08:41 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:

the Gay rights issue is complex...
I'm not singling you out Todrick... This goes for everyone. WHAT THE FUCK IS SO COMPLEX ABOUT THE "Gay rights" ISSUE!?? Gays should have the same rights as the rest of us. And they do. The problems come from people who think, for instance, that companies should be forced to provide health coverage for partners of gay employees. I don't believe the government should be forcing companies to insure anyone! It should be the decision of the board of directors. If gays don't like it, they can find jobs at Disney.

Other problems come from the fact that gays cannot marry in many states. There are a variety of reasons why this makes perfect sense. Marriage can change your tax bracket, people (straight or gay) could "marry" to work the system and gain access to each other's social security benefits, medical benefits. There is a much greater chance of fraud.

Santorum's comments had more to do with privacy than with homosexuality. He basically said that if two people consent to having sexual relations, and they do so in the privacy of their own home, and if the "right to privacy" supercedes all other rights, than legally, you can't punish anyone for sexual relations such as incest, polygamy, etc. Its a fact, not his opinion. Where his opinion comes into play is when he talks about "not liking the behavior." I don't see anything wrong with his remarks. I have several homosexual friends and relatives... they are great people. I DON'T like to think about the mechanics of their lovemaking because it disgusts me. Am I bigotted?
No... not really, I really don't like the whole poop chute idea in heterosexuals as well. [Freak] Yukky poo!

#213823 - 24/04/03 08:43 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by electrobuzz:
But Clinton AND Gore *maybe* smarter than Quayle? Wow, a bit of a reach there. Clinton was a Rhodes scholar. While Gore's "initiative in creating the Internet" was a definite boner, nothing matches up these gems
While you might not agree with his politics, Gore is actually very intelligent. He just lacks charisma in a BIG way.

(And I don't know how many times I've seen it...but his comment about the internet was not entirely wrong - even Vint Cerf (one of the original internet people) has said as much.)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#213824 - 24/04/03 08:44 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
electrobuzz Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
NYM,
Qualye was as loyal as a dog. I remember the nomination by 41, he practically licked HDubya's face on stage accepting the nod.

In this great nation, even the term "Anti-American" is subjective. To you, apparently anything left of the far right is "Anti-American". To me, it's anything in the extremes.

#213825 - 24/04/03 08:54 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

Gore is actually very intelligent. He just lacks charisma in a BIG way.
Come on Moby... Gore is an idiot.

I am however glad he invented the internet. I have made money from it.

Electro... The Democratic Party is loaded with radicals. The New York City Council is a perfect example. Look at the various state legislatures. The US Senate and The House are also loaded with radicals who don't give a shit about the country and guess what? They are always elected as Democrats.

#213826 - 24/04/03 08:54 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
WHAT THE FUCK IS SO COMPLEX ABOUT THE "Gay rights" ISSUE!?? Gays should have the same rights as the rest of us. And they do . . . .

Other problems come from the fact that gays cannot marry in many states. There are a variety of reasons why this makes perfect sense. Marriage can change your tax bracket, people (straight or gay) could "marry" to work the system and gain access to each other's social security benefits, medical benefits. There is a much greater chance of fraud.
On the one hand you say gays should have the same rights as everyone else, yet on the other you admit that they should not have the same rights that married couples have.

You agree that being married affords benefits to a couple. You allude to a possibility of fraud. Yet even though there is a possibility that hetero couples can commit fraud (anyone ever know someone who got married in an attempt to get a green-card? No, that never happens . . . ), no one can tell a hetero couple they cannot be married (except in rare cases where bloodlines are suspect, or age is a factor) . . .
Yet you think gay couples should be denied the "privilege" of marriage because there's a chance someone might commit fraud.

I got news for you: Heterosexuals defraud the government and its social assistance programs on a daily basis. I guarantee there will be unscrupulous gay couples working the system, too.

But not nearly as many as y'all fear . . .

#213827 - 24/04/03 08:54 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
kd4adc Offline

Loc: Alabama
I'd like to post my observation. It's the same arguments by the same people; it's just a different day. You guys go at it over and over and over. Nobody is going to change the other guy's views. All you accomplish is consuming XOC bandwidth and storage. Plus you get angrier and angrier with each other; more disdain, more contempt. I'm *not* asking "can't we all get along." Why don't you get a hobby and [Save the fine unicorns] . I know I don't have to read this stuff. Flaming me won't accomplish anything either, but you're welcome to do so.

#213828 - 24/04/03 08:55 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Andre the Giant Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:

As for homosexuality, I wouldn't say I was "for" it, but as long as consenting adults keep it private (key word here), and it doesn't hurt anybody, it personally doesn't bother me. I'm secure enough with my sexual idenity that I can talk/work with homosexuals and not let it bother me. There's no such thing as gay "cooties", and contrary to many of you religious types out there, a homosexual CAN'T make a straight person gay, anyone who "converts" was gay to begin with. Homosexuals are BORN gay, it's not their fault, and it's not something they choose on a whim.
SEAN, You are making Santorum's point!!!!!!
Here's how... 'As for INCEST, I wouldn't say I was "for" it, but as long as consenting adults keep it private (key word here), and it doesn't hurt anybody, it personally doesn't bother me.'

Until the country is populated by a bunch of flipper babies!

'As for POLYGAMY, I wouldn't say I was "for" it, but as long as consenting adults keep it private (key word here), and it doesn't hurt anybody, it personally doesn't bother me.'

Actually, I don't think polygamy hurts anybody, but its another example of what Santorum was saying.

'As for PROSTITUTION, I wouldn't say I was "for" it, but as long as consenting adults keep it private (key word here), and it doesn't hurt anybody, it personally doesn't bother me.'

Once again... I don't have a problem with legalizing prostitution, but for now its illegal.

As for homosexuals being born gay, that's not completely true. The fact is, a variety of factors seem to lead people to their lifestyle (including upbringing, genetics, exposure to priests laugh and experiences while growing up). Studies of identical twins show that one may be straight, the other gay. If the government ever recognizes homosexuality as a genetic factor only, I look for some homosexuals to figure out a way to use the Americans with Disabilities Act to bleed millions of dollars from private corporations. (just like everyone else is doing.) :rolleyes:

#213829 - 24/04/03 09:00 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Andre the Giant Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Yet you think gay couples should be denied the "privilege" of marriage because there's a chance someone might commit fraud.

I got news for you: Heterosexuals defraud the governemnt and its social assistance programs on a daily basis. I guarantee there will be unscrupulous gay couples working the system, too.

But not nearly as many as y'all fear . . .
I got news for ya... I said that there are several reasons that a ban on gay marriage makes perfect sense... I didn't say that I was vehemently opposed as you seem to think. Pull your head out of your ass Graham. Not everyone who has an opposing veiwpoint is as illiterate and 'tarded as you. [Finger] [Finger] wink

#213830 - 24/04/03 09:01 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Pull your head out of your ass Graham. Not everyone who has an opposing veiwpoint is as illiterate and 'tarded as you. [Finger] [Finger] wink
That's what you think, numbnuts . . .

You're all just as illiterate and 'tarded as I am!

So there.

#213831 - 24/04/03 09:05 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
Nice come back Graham.. bwhahahah

#213832 - 24/04/03 09:10 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Andre the Giant Offline

I know Graham, That's why I included a winky Graemlin after the [Finger] [Finger] 's

#213833 - 24/04/03 09:20 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
NY Madman Offline

Andre.... Excellant point regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act.

That was one of the biggest assaults on American business from the Clinton administration.

You own the deviant Graham.. eek

The Clinton administration fucked up so many things. It seems now they are also responsible for the deaths of the space shuttle astronauts too.

#213834 - 24/04/03 09:24 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

Gore is actually very intelligent. He just lacks charisma in a BIG way.
Come on Moby... Gore is an idiot.

I am however glad he invented the internet. I have made money from it.
I'm talking from an intelligence point of view, and knowledge of subject. Not his view (which I agree, some are downright retarded).

As far as the internet goes...he never said he invented it.

From Vint Cerf (you're a computer guy, you should know who he is):

Last year the Vice President made a straightforward statement on his role. He said: “During my service in the United States Congress I took the initiative in creating the Internet.” We don’t think, as some people have argued, that Gore intended to claim he “invented” the Internet. Moreover, there is no question in our minds that while serving as Senator, Gore’s initiatives had a significant and beneficial effect on the still-evolving Internet. The fact of the matter is that Gore was talking about and promoting the Internet long before most people were listening. We feel it is timely to offer our perspective.

As far back as the 1970s Congressman Gore promoted the idea of high speed telecommunications as an engine for both economic growth and the improvement of our educational system. He was the first elected official to grasp the potential of computer communications to have a broader impact than just improving the conduct of science and scholarship. Though easily forgotten, now, at the time this was an unproven and controversial concept.

#213835 - 24/04/03 10:00 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
I would say after Todrick, Graham is the most hated user on this board. Well at least what I have heard.
wow... I'm honored.

Seriously I thought you were the most hate dmember on the board... I feel priviledged to know that I am the one who deserves that title...

#213836 - 24/04/03 10:02 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
Not everything in the Bible is meant for everyone over all eternity.
wow... that's convenient.

I'll take it one step further... Everything in the bible was meant for people in a long ago time... It is now just an irrelevant work of fiction created to scare the masses into some form of Morality

#213837 - 24/04/03 10:12 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Todrick Offline

Quote:
I'm not singling you out Todrick... This goes for everyone. WHAT THE FUCK IS SO COMPLEX ABOUT THE "Gay rights" ISSUE!??
i cropped off the end of your post and honestly didnt read it... you completely ignored my explaination of why it was complex... otherwise you never would have written your post.

seriously its a view point thing...

if being Gay is an inate genetic quality... like having blue eyes... then they deserve the right to marry and get the benefits associated with it.

If being gay is a choice then the do not.

the problem is in peoples opinion of what makes someone gay

#213838 - 24/04/03 10:13 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Andre the Giant Offline

Quote:

You own the deviant Graham.. eek
I don't want him!!! (just his beer if he has any)

#213839 - 24/04/03 10:15 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Andre the Giant Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
Quote:
[b]I'm not singling you out Todrick... This goes for everyone. WHAT THE FUCK IS SO COMPLEX ABOUT THE "Gay rights" ISSUE!??
i cropped off the end of your post and honestly didnt read it... you completely ignored my explaination of why it was complex... otherwise you never would have written your post.

seriously its a view point thing...

if being Gay is an inate genetic quality... like having blue eyes... then they deserve the right to marry and get the benefits associated with it.

If being gay is a choice then the do not.

the problem is in peoples opinion of what makes someone gay[/b]
If you did read my post, you would have found that we agree on everything you listed in this post. wink

#213840 - 24/04/03 10:20 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Todrick Offline

then why did you disagree with me...

the issue is complex because people fight over the details...

when the real argument is not about gay rights at all but about whetehr being gay is a choice or not.

I know I'm straight, and that being gay would not only feel wrong physicly but emotionaly as well...

From conversations I have had Gays feel the same way about heterosexuality...

to me that doesn't leave much of a choice in the issue

#213841 - 24/04/03 10:23 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Suppose it was a choice, why would that preclude them from getting married?

#213842 - 24/04/03 10:27 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Todrick Offline

because then it would have to be OK for people to marry their sons, daughters...

If it is a choice... then they already have equal rights and can marry someone of the opposite sex at anytime

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal