2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#213868 - 24/04/03 01:41 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

Yeah...religion isn't protected.
On the basis of discrimination it has the same weight as racial considerations. As in you can't hang a Help Wanted sign saying No Jews need apply.

I would in no way say that protects the various institutions of religion. For example the state has no specific laws protecting the Catholic Church or the Episcopal Church, etc.

The liberals want to add gays , cross dressers and every freak going into anti-discrimination laws. That would affect many levels of our society.

No religious organization that believes homosexuality is wrong would be able to keep them out of any social organizations they manage. Even the Boy Scouts would have to allow deviants who want to camp with little boys.

The gay legislation is more than some bullshit civil rights issue. It is an attack on every religious and private organization in America. It is the state trampling all over the rights of these individuals. It is wrong. Aetheists know this and support the gay bullshit because they would love to see relgion in America destroyed.
Nonsense. If that were the case, why can Augusta keep women out? Sex is a protected class.

IF they get government funding, it would be different. Private organizations aren't affected, if they serve a specific group. If that weren't the case, why isn't the Catholic church forced to allow women to be priests? Why am I not allowed into the inner rooms of a LDS church? Why are there still private schools that are all-male or all-female?
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#213869 - 24/04/03 01:43 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
2001Frontier...

Yes that was a personal attack against Sean. He throws plenty himself.

If you actually paid attention you would realize I mostly attack those that attack me. I am civil with most. The usual suspects I am not.

You don't like it. Too bad.

#213870 - 24/04/03 01:46 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Why are you stooping down to the 'liberal deviants' level? I thought you would be better than that.

#213871 - 24/04/03 01:46 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:

The Boy Scouts and the others would have to do no such thing. Private organizations can allow whoever they want to be members. A good example of this is Augusta's no female policy.
You are very wrong about that. If they get the legislation they want passed, no one will be able to keep them out.

Ted kennedy introduced it in the last session of Congress. It is still in committee.

#213872 - 24/04/03 01:51 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
Quote:
Originally posted by Trihead:

This came after the statment that In his opinion right to privacy is not part of the constitution.
That's not Santorum's opinion... its a fact. Grab a copy of the constitution and try to find it. It's not there. The "right to privacy" was established by court cases and was a natural evolution of our constitutional rights.

Please people. :rolleyes:

#213873 - 24/04/03 01:54 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

Nonsense. If that were the case, why can Augusta keep women out? Sex is a protected class.
It's not nonsense Moby. They could sue in Federal Court. A liberal judiciary could interpret the law in their favor.

Why do you think both liberals and conservatives want to pack the courts with like minded people? Many laws are vague.

The Supreme Court has made many bullshit interpretations of laws. Roe vs Wade is just one of many.

#213874 - 24/04/03 01:59 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:

That's not Santorum's opinion... its a fact. Grab a copy of the constitution and try to find it. It's not there. The "right to privacy" was established by court cases and was a natural evolution of our constitutional rights.

Please people. :rolleyes: [/QB]
Humm got me there. I made a wild assumption that my life is mine. laugh

#213875 - 24/04/03 02:02 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
2001frontier Offline

OK Madman, I have a scenario for you. The anti-discrimination laws try to make things fair for everyone. That is the point of these laws. So say you have a black man and a white man applying for a job. The black man is a better candidate, but the employer hires the white man because he is white. The black man can the sue the pants off the potential employer for discrimination correct? I think most of us would agree that the employer was wrong for doing this.

That is all that most gay people want. They want equal treatment under the law. They want to not be discriminated against because of their sexual preference. There are extremists just like their were extremist blacks during the civil rights movement, but the majority of the population just wanted equal rights. They want to be able to get married so they can have the same priviledges that straight couples have. Forgot about your moral aspect for a minute, and give me a good reason why they should not be able to have these EQUAL rights.

#213876 - 24/04/03 02:06 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:

Yes that was a personal attack against Sean. He throws plenty himself.

If you actually paid attention you would realize I mostly attack those that attack me. I am civil with most. The usual suspects I am not.[/QB]
You never ceases to amaze me. Most if not all the time YOU start with the personal remarks when you run out of intelligent counter points to others, and anything you get back, you deserve in spades. With me it started when you called me a "Jew hater" in a debate about Israel, at that point it turned personal.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#213877 - 24/04/03 02:07 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
This came after the statment that In his opinion right to privacy is not part of the constitution.

Please people. :rolleyes: [/b]
No, the word "privacy" isn't in there. However, you can see the idea in several of the first ten amendments (the 4th and 9th being the most glaring examples, imo):

4th Amendment: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

9th Amendment: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#213878 - 24/04/03 02:13 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
NY Madman Offline

2001Frontier....

In your scenario... If a gay man applies for a job..how does anyone know he is gay unless he is advertising this fact?

One of the problems that gays have is they define themselves entirely because of their sexuality (and deviance...alright I said it).

They wear their gayness on their sleeves. Maybe if they stopped defining every aspect of themselves by this more people would be willing to accept them as individuals... not a lifestyle.

The special legislation they want is wrong. They already have the same rights as anyone else. They want their "lifestyle" rights.

#213879 - 24/04/03 02:13 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Andre the Giant Offline

Like I said, the "right to privacy" is a natural evolution of the freedoms enumerated in the constitution... I'm not opposed to the right, I just don't like it when a guy like Trihead implies that Santorum was off his rocker in saying that. Santorum was right, the constitution does not establish a right to privacy.

#213880 - 24/04/03 02:22 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Trihead Offline

Quote:
[QB], I just don't like it when a guy like Trihead implies that Santorum was off his rocker in saying that.
What am I like ? Just curious.

#213881 - 24/04/03 02:22 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
2001Frontier....

In your scenario... If a gay man applies for a job..how does anyone know he is gay unless he is advertising this fact?

How does anyone know if they are Christian, Atheist, or Muslim?

Quote:
They wear their gayness on their sleeves. Maybe if they stopped defining every aspect of themselves by this more people would be willing to accept them as individuals... not a lifestyle.
A married person wears it on their finger.

Quote:
The special legislation they want is wrong. They already have the same rights as anyone else. They want their "lifestyle" rights.
Again, while there are extremists (*and they tend to be the loudest), most do not want what you think they do. They only want the same rights.

#213882 - 24/04/03 02:25 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Sean Offline

Quote:

One of the problems that gays have is they define themselves entirely because of their sexuality (and deviance...alright I said it).

The special legislation they want is wrong. They already have the same rights as anyone else. They want their "lifestyle" rights.[/QB]
"There you go again"

[Freak]

Most homosexuals want EQUAL rights, they DO NOT have the rights of hetrosexual couples, marriage for them is not recongized, hence no benefits.

Let's say a woman and a man apply for the same job, and the woman is more qualified. And since a lot of woman wear their femininity on their sleeve, and not all employers like that, what if she doesn't get the job, isn't that discrimination?

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#213883 - 24/04/03 02:33 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by ashleynatlanta:
But, on a side note, NY madman, I really thought you dug into Todrick on a very personal level, and it should be just left out. Let's not let this forum and topic get too personal and too heated. I think it was pretty low to spew out his personal life here. I know some people cut you too, but just leave it off man. I don't know 99% of the people here in any way other than what they type, but the 1% I DO know are also human beings and deserve to be treated with a little dignity, and should return that to you.
Thanks Ashley, but honestly its no big deal.. I might care if he had the facts remotely striaght... or if I had done or thought half the things he mentioned... when it all comes down to it NYMadman knows very little about me or anything else... and to be honest no one has to dig... ask me, I'm more than willing to share.

The onyl part that bothers me is I don't like people Judging my parenting abilities based off a messege board...

#213884 - 24/04/03 02:34 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Andre the Giant Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[QB], I just don't like it when a guy like Trihead implies that Santorum was off his rocker in saying that.
From what I've seen you post, you SEEM to be the kind of guy that would have a problem with Santorum no matter what he says. (because he is a Republican) You appear to be anti-Republican.

I shouldn't have said, "people like Trihead".. That implies that some sort of personal insult is comming. (Certainly you wouldn't consider "anti-Republican" as an insult, would you?)

#213885 - 24/04/03 02:38 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:

The only part that bothers me is I don't like people Judging my parenting abilities based off a messege board...[/QB]
Tell me about it. Madman has made derogatory comments towards my father and my son.

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#213886 - 24/04/03 02:44 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
2001frontier Offline

That is what I was talking about in my post. The personal and family attacks and threats.

The 'how will they know argument' holds no water. As of today a gay person can be fired because they are gay. That is the problem.

#213887 - 24/04/03 02:45 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Quote:
watch out man... I asked madman a question like that and got a Biography

#213888 - 24/04/03 02:47 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Trihead Offline

No not at all. Thanks for the reply I am really not anit-republican though. I don't think I fit into either catagory but I was curious how it all comes out sounding on the board. I really try to listen to both sides of every debate. I listen to Madman and try to understand where he is coming from. I may agree more on social issues with the Xterrpin. If a Kennedy would have said the same I would have questioned that too. I really don't believe either side anymore. To much finger pointing and not enough working.

On this issue I don't think that sexual oreintation should be a criteria for anything. I do think that if a person is terminate/not hired for a job due to his sexual preference that is discrimination. I have seen in my company people loose jobs due to the insinuation that someone one is gay. Yet promiscuity is almost a must.

Double standard?

#213889 - 24/04/03 02:48 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:

The only part that bothers me is I don't like people Judging my parenting abilities based off a messege board...
Tell me about it. Madman has made derogatory comments towards my father and my son.[/QB]
the kids comments i dislike... a father comment(since my father passed away a couple years back) would be WAY ove rthe line

#213890 - 24/04/03 02:49 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Andre the Giant Offline

I really wish certain people could argue simple philosophical disagreements without resulting to cheap shots and insults... but then again, it is the ALR. Still, I think insults aimed at spouses, family members, etc. are counterproductive and do more to undermine a position than anything else.

Edited to add: No Todrick, you, Trihead, Sean and others that I somewhat disagree with from time to time should not expect a bullshit, cheap shot, "you're a pinko commie homo" type accusation from me. I'm above all that. Well, except for Graham... he's a big doo doo head! :p

#213891 - 24/04/03 03:05 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Edited to add: No Todrick, you, Trihead, Sean and others that I somewhat disagree with from time to time should not expect a bullshit, cheap shot, "you're a pinko commie homo" type accusation from me. I'm above all that. Well, except for Graham... he's a big doo doo head! :p
I am offended that I am not in this group. Of course, I imagine I'm probably on "ignore" by a lot of people here. :p

#213892 - 24/04/03 03:07 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Todrick Offline

out of curiosity

Trihead mentioned that he was basicly middle of the road... but wondered how he was percieved here...

I know that Madman thinks I'm a liberal Deviant Psycho... so I figured it would be interesting to bring this up again...

The Political Compass

My Political Leaning:
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.50
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -0.92

So I'm a tiny bit left and a tiny bit Libertarian... Not nearly the Liberal Deviant Madman thinks... I would venture a guess that Mad man is actually so far right that his perception of Center is skewed, thus causing middle of the road people to be Liberal deviants in his eyes

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal