shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#213943 - 26/04/03 06:13 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
off2cjb Offline

Gotcha, I will try to remember to provide you with reasoning during our next debate.

Concerning Iraq, it should have been one big collective assasination attempt at the leadership at one time.

#213944 - 26/04/03 06:59 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
Gotcha, I will try to remember to provide you with reasoning during our next debate.

Concerning Iraq, it should have been one big collective assasination attempt at the leadership at one time.
While I can't say for sure which way I am...I do tend to lean toward agreeing with you on that.

Here's a question for you. How does the U.S. convince them that we aren't there only for the oil? I personally don't think we are. But I'll be damned if I can think of any way that they can convince them.

(Let's take this thread in a completely different direction laugh )
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#213945 - 26/04/03 08:31 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
off2cjb Offline

I think our government is going to hand over everything to the Iraqis as soon as possible. Well, at least I hope so. That is once Iraq proves they can all meet, get along, and rule the country together.

I don't think we are there for the oil. We don't need it. I think we will be helping them get their economy straightened out for quite a while, but I don't see us using oil as a chip. We give them the control over all the oil. We let them decide on what to do with the profits.

I think that as America, the only Superpower, is responsible for policing the world. The world is jealous that we did all this in 230yrs and they still can't do it after thousands of years.
We needed to step up and slap someone hard in the face to let them all know, once again, who the Alpha Dog is in the pack. I think we did it with Iraq. Look at the way Syria is backing down and handing over everything they can. Yep, the war was necessary and justified. You don't have to agree with it, but it needed done.

#213946 - 28/04/03 05:21 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
A few thoughts.

Many christians condemn homosexuality as a sin. But according to a 1997 pastoral letter by US Catholic Bishops: "Homosexuality is experienced as a given, not as something freely chosen. By itself, therefore, a homosexual orientation cannot be considered sinful, for morality presumes the freedom of choice. "

A good number of jews argue that if homosexuality can be shown by science to be a natural state, then it must have been created by God and cannot be considered wrong.

A section of the Kama Sutra in Hinduism focuses on gay men, calling them the "the third sex"

The Dalai Lama declared that gay and lesbian sex is "generally considered sexual misconduct."

In Islam, many muslims view homosexuality indicates weak character, sexual permissiveness and inadequate religious instruction.

- Source... Playboy magazine June 2003

It seems there are arguments on both sides of the issue. From all sides of the issue. Not trying to prove anyone wrong or say anyone is wrong. I am just posting information for both sides. smile

#213947 - 30/04/03 12:54 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Booya Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Yep, another idiot republican goes and opens his big trap:
For every dumb Republican leader quote, there are 10 ludicrous Democrat leader quotes... and I write this as a person that does not affiliate with either party.

By the way, his words are not based on idiocy.

#213948 - 30/04/03 04:46 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by Booya:

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:

Yep, another idiot republican goes and opens his big trap:
For every dumb Republican leader quote, there are 10 ludicrous Democrat leader quotes... and I write this as a person that does not affiliate with either party.
The ratio of stupid remarks is equal from both parties. Seems in the last 10 years, the conservative republicans have been trying to cover lost ground from the liberal Democrates due to their many defeats in the 60's and 70's.

Quote:
By the way, his words are not based on idiocy.
Yes they are. He should have known ahead of time (just like Trent Lott), that his statements equating homosexual acts to crimes would cause a firestorm, "Compassionate Conservatism" this is not. I wouldn't trust this idiot to pump my gas.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#213949 - 30/04/03 05:36 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Hrd2Imagin Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Is it just me or is everyone here forgetting a certain West Virginia Democratic Senator, Robert C. Byrd, a former leader of the Ku Klux Klan?? I think the Democrats are massive hypocrites as long as they keep this guy in office (and he has been for over 45 years) That fact alone makes Trent Lott look like MLK.

The fact of all of this crap is that the Democrats have far too long played the game of politics much better than Republicans, using the media as their weapon - creating the illusion that they're for "Middle America" and that Republicans are "For the Rich."

All of this is indeed, a bunch of bull. And Republicans are learning how to fight in politics the same way that Democrats do, which is why we now control the Presidency, House and Senate, and will for at least 4 presidential terms (that's my prediction)

Hopefully soon all this "Multiculturalism" crap that we've been putting up with since the 60s will be a thing of the past and we will no longer have to bend over backwards to make some Gay guy "feel" better. We won't pass laws like in California that says a Christian bookstore can't discriminate against hiring a Transvestite cross-dresser. We won't give black people 20 points for being black in college entrance programs. This whole "diversity" thing has gotten out of hand.

And eventually a flat tax will pass - allowing "The Rich" to keep thier money in the private sector, and invest it in our economy, rather than handing it over in taxes and losing it in the huge Beauracracy that is our government. It's called "Trickle-down economics" people, and if you haven't taken 2 seconds to understand it then you don't deserve to have an opinion.

Haha, and I can't wait for Bush vs. Sharpton, 2004!

Hmmm, sorry I didn't mean to write so much, I guess I just had to vent.

#213950 - 30/04/03 06:22 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Good post Hrd2Imagin. Oh I get it, Hard to Imagine! laugh Though I dont think we will ever get a flat tax, there are too many opponents on both sides of the fence for that one. I have always believed in Trickledown economics. I have seen it my entire life. I have worked many tip oriented jobs, my fiance still does, and when the ecomomy is good, and taxes are low, and people have cash, I made more money. People will say, DUH!!

But the point is this, the amount of people doing the tipping stayed pretty constant throughout good and bad. But the tips were larger because they had more to "trickle down" to people like me.

#213951 - 02/05/03 10:19 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Hrd2Imagin:
Is it just me or is everyone here forgetting a certain West Virginia Democratic Senator, Robert C. Byrd, a former leader of the Ku Klux Klan?? I think the Democrats are massive hypocrites as long as they keep this guy in office (and he has been for over 45 years) That fact alone makes Trent Lott look like MLK.
You aren't serious, are you? Byrd USED to be a member. Lott made the comment just this past year.

People can see the errors of their ways. Examples? RFK and Vietnam. Strom Thurmond and segregation (why...he even had minorities on his staff...imagine that!)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#213952 - 02/05/03 11:27 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
You aren't serious, are you? Byrd USED to be a member. Lott made the comment just this past year.
Just curious, what's the waiting period until someone is cleared of their past? I'm pretty sure Lott appologized. Now how long does he have to wait? What was the waiting period for Byrd that we now should just forgive him? [Uh Oh !]

#213953 - 02/05/03 11:50 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
Just curious, what's the waiting period until someone is cleared of their past?
3 years or 36,000 miles...

[LOL]

#213954 - 02/05/03 12:24 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
[b]You aren't serious, are you? Byrd USED to be a member. Lott made the comment just this past year.
Just curious, what's the waiting period until someone is cleared of their past? I'm pretty sure Lott appologized. Now how long does he have to wait? What was the waiting period for Byrd that we now should just forgive him? [Uh Oh !] [/b]
You tell me.

And let's face it...what other platform other than segregation was Thurmond running on at the time?

The Dixiecrat Platform

#213955 - 02/05/03 12:25 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Speaking of PC. The new "catch phrase" at work is Bio-break. :rolleyes:

Instead of going to the bathroom, or rest room etc, it's "Does anybody need a bio-break".......

#213956 - 02/05/03 12:27 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PDXterra:
Quote:
Just curious, what's the waiting period until someone is cleared of their past?
3 years or 36,000 miles...

[LOL]
Yes, but for only $699, Marlboro can take it to 60/100,000.

#213957 - 02/05/03 12:28 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
Speaking of PC. The new "catch phrase" at work is Bio-break. :rolleyes:

Instead of going to the bathroom, or rest room etc, it's "Does anybody need a bio-break".......
Please please PLEASE tell me you are joking...

Politically Correct = the biggest oxymoron ever conceived.

(At my work, it's still, "Damn...I gotta take a dump.") (Only 5 people there laugh )

#213958 - 02/05/03 12:34 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Speaking of PC. The new "catch phrase" at work is Bio-break. :rolleyes:

(At my work, it's still, "Damn...I gotta take a dump.") (Only 5 people there laugh )[/b]
At my work, you just fucking leave your office and walk to the bathroom.

I have yet to hear anyone announce his (or her) intentions to pinch a loaf . . .

#213959 - 02/05/03 12:56 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
I heard it first at some training I went to last week in Jersey....... The trainer asked if anyone needed to take a bio-break before we started the next segments etc... I thought he said "bowel" break, and asked "Did you just say bio or bowel break??? The whole class laughed smile I have heard it in several instances now. "We will take a 15 minute bio break.." WTF! Used to be, you just got up and went....

#213960 - 02/05/03 02:32 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Speaking of PC. The new "catch phrase" at work is Bio-break. :rolleyes:

(At my work, it's still, "Damn...I gotta take a dump.") (Only 5 people there laugh )[/b]
At my work, you just fucking leave your office and walk to the bathroom.

I have yet to hear anyone announce his (or her) intentions to pinch a loaf . . .[/b]
Yes, well...technically that's how it is at my place, too. Four bathrooms for five people. Go figure.

#213961 - 02/05/03 06:34 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Bio-break? That is funny as hell. How about we all just go move a personhole cover, and have a bio-break into it?

#213962 - 03/05/03 11:40 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Bio-break? That is funny as hell. How about we all just go move a personhole cover, and have a bio-break into it?
At my work we just call it "downloading software".

#213963 - 04/05/03 12:28 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Out here its a "Tactical Download".

And burning the shit-can after is called "Destroying Evidence". laugh

Xterra101.com

#213964 - 04/05/03 02:36 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
My goodness! How could a simple normal bodily function become semantically overcomplicated! In case you forgot, here's what the masses refer to it:
-pee
-urinate
-void
-take a leak
-relieve oneself
-number one
-piss
-piddle
-make water
-wee-wee
-spend a penny
-pass water
-empty your bladder

#213965 - 04/05/03 06:01 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
WOW this has to be the farthest I have even seen a post get off topic. [Laughing]

#213966 - 04/05/03 06:02 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Oh and my personal favorite
"dropping the kids off at the pool"

#213967 - 04/05/03 01:46 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Costas Offline

Loc: Burnaby, B.C.
Oops...just tuned in...this is waaaaay of topic - let's see if this will work:

Ahem...gay people have the right to be gay. But do not try to compare the relationship between man and woman to a gay relationship. It's not fucking natural! Why the fuck do we need 'gay pride day'? I am all for equal rights in workplace and civil rights etc..., but the can NEVER form a family! A child need both a man and a woman's nurturing, not exclusively one or the other. A gay couple can't even have a child naturally for fuck's sake! God said 'Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve'. I don't bash gay people, but I don't believe their relationships can be compared to traditional man-woman relationships. And yes, it is killing family values. A gay couple is NOT a family, CANNOT be a family, and WILL NEVER be a family.

Ok, flame on. [Smoking]

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal