shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#213893 - 24/04/03 03:08 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
Edited to add: No Todrick, you, Trihead, Sean and others that I somewhat disagree with from time to time should not expect a bullshit, cheap shot, "you're a pinko commie homo" type accusation from me. I'm above all that. Well, except for Graham... he's a big doo doo head! :p
no man it was a joke... I actually enjoy debating issues with you as you remain rational... I don't descend to insults unless insulted... or is something if so incredibly Stupid I can't control myself smile

#213894 - 24/04/03 03:20 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
The Political Compass

My Political Leaning:
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.50
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -0.92
Interesting.

My Political Leaning:
Economic Left/Right: -3.00
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -4.82

But I have a problem with how some of the questions were worded. I find myself thinking "it depends" on quite a few of them.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#213895 - 24/04/03 03:22 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Todrick Offline

wow your are a liberal deviant laugh

yeah some of the questions are a bit odd... like im not quite sure the circumstances...

#213896 - 24/04/03 03:24 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
wow your are a liberal deviant laugh

yeah some of the questions are a bit odd... like im not quite sure the circumstances...
I'm off to visit Lenin's Tomb....he was gay, you know. laugh
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#213897 - 24/04/03 04:12 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.62
Authoritarian/Libertarian: 0.21

I consider myself a republican. According to this "test" I am a little left. The questions were a little leading in ways, some of my choices wouldve been "it depends" as well.

Funny, I think I may be the only Athiest, pro-choice, gay is genetic not a choice republican on the planet. Three pretty liberal leanings I admit, but I still cant stand most of the stuff that comes out of liberal's mouths.

I will say it again, what Santorum said was idiotic and misinformed. Being Gay is the same as being straight. The gays I know struggled with thier orientation for years trying to be "normal", contemplating suicide, depression, you name it. And to the man (and woman), they said they struggled with it from a very young age. Because society said they were different and "deviant". Most of these labels are religious based labels, growing up religion free, I could avoid those preconceptions. I know three gay people, two men and a woman. All three struggled long and hard with thier orientation. They do not flaunt it, not because they dont want anyone to know, but because it is no ones business. They do not like the "Castro street" stereotype any more than you or I do. But they do believe, as do I, that what a couple does in the privacy of thier own home should stay there, and that goes for gay and staight. Santorum comparing that to incest was irresponsible.

#213898 - 24/04/03 04:56 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Some of these responses are funny....

Anyone who thinks gay is genetic is without a doubt an idiot. What about deviants who have sex with animals? Is that genetic? Is pedophilia genetic? How about crime bosses? Is genetics responsible for their behavior?

It sounds like too many people here subscribe to the liberal philosophy that no one is responsible for their behavior. Of course it's not genetic. There are plenty of stories about people who have given it up got married and led NORMAL lives. Just like alcoholics, drug addicts. Some say that is genetic. Why is it people can give it up then? Its just more bullshit on the pile. Another excuse. No one is responsible for their behavior anymore I guess.

Environment can be just as responsible for gays. There are studies that show children who grow up in gay households have a much higher proclivity for being gay. More so then the population at large. Yeah I know, all the libs have their phony studies that say that is not true. Well it is true.

Years ago when I was on the PD I pulled a detail to work some Pervert Pride Day or Deviant Day Parade or something like that in Greenwich Village.

I have never seen such a public showing of perversity and deviance in my entire life. Anyone who saw this spectacle would never want to give these perverts a damn thing. Deviants dressed in thongs dancing around and on floats. Perverts half naked dressed like Carmen Miranda. The most disgusting spectacle of perversity. I wanted to shoot half of them.

These are people most of you want to give special rights to? I think a lot of you are ill informed or have never seen these deviants in their element.

#213899 - 24/04/03 05:54 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:

Years ago when I was on the PD I pulled a detail to work some Pervert Pride Day or Deviant Day Parade or something like that in Greenwich Village.

I have never seen such a public showing of perversity and deviance in my entire life. Anyone who saw this spectacle would never want to give these perverts a damn thing. Deviants dressed in thongs dancing around and on floats. Perverts half naked dressed like Carmen Miranda.[/QB]
For someone who thinks homosexuality is deviant, that's a pretty detailed description. Turned you on, didn't it.

[LOL]

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#213900 - 24/04/03 06:03 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Some of these responses are funny....

Anyone who thinks gay is genetic is without a doubt an idiot. What about deviants who have sex with animals? Is that genetic? Is pedophilia genetic? How about crime bosses? Is genetics responsible for their behavior?
I still am flabberghasted (sp?) that you equate those things.

Quote:
There are plenty of stories about people who have given it up got married and led NORMAL lives.
"The American Psychiatric Association (APA) maintains that there is no published scientific evidence supporting the efficacy of reparative therapy as a treatment to change one's sexual orientation," according to the the group's medical director Dr. Steven Mirin. The APA opposes any psychiatric treatment, such as reparative or conversion therapy, which is based on the assumption that homosexuality, per se, is a mental disorder or based on the assumption that a patient should change his or her sexual orientation.

Quote:
Environment can be just as responsible for gays. There are studies that show children who grow up in gay households have a much higher proclivity for being gay. More so then the population at large. Yeah I know, all the libs have their phony studies that say that is not true. Well it is true.
Ah, but your study (where is it?) is the be-all end-all?

Quote:

I have never seen such a public showing of perversity and deviance in my entire life. Anyone who saw this spectacle would never want to give these perverts a damn thing. Deviants dressed in thongs dancing around and on floats. Perverts half naked dressed like Carmen Miranda. The most disgusting spectacle of perversity. I wanted to shoot half of them.
Hmmm...half naked, etc. Like straight people do at Mardi Gras? Or maybe all those "College Girls on Spring Break" videos?

Quote:
These are people most of you want to give special rights to? I think a lot of you are ill informed or have never seen these deviants in their element.
I have actually been to a few of those things (in support of friends, or for work). And I do agree...some of the stuff is WAY overboard. I have also been to some events where, aside from the "title" of the event, you'd be hard pressed to know what it was.

And again...it's not special rights. EQUAL rights.

#213901 - 24/04/03 06:15 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
[b]Ask your expatrioted priest of a brother. I don't have time for your misguidedness this week.
Uh yeah, like you'd believe what he said. After all, he'd be talking about that cult of a religion's view. :rolleyes:

(It's excommunicated, by the way, not expatrioted)[/b]
He might give you his honest assessment of the topic, and not the church's viewpoint. You never know.

#213902 - 24/04/03 06:55 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
That depends on whether you think gays are deviants? Since I dont, your argument is moot. So calling me an idiot is your right. I agree with you here on many issues, even though I can discern from your methods you are an asshole. Having sex with animals, pedophilia, Crime bosses are all things that are illegal. Being gay is not. Most pedophiles are hetero. As are most rapists. Its not my fault you are a homophobe, its not my fault some gay guy made you doubt your own sexuality during some gay pride rally. I gather from your attitudes that you are an older man, you say you used to be a cop, so you most likely retired right? If not, the only other thing I could think of is that you were dismissed because your prejudice of phobias are very close to the surface. We cant have a cop going around beating up all the gays and liberals. Maybe you were the guy that fucked that haitian in he ass with the nightstick.

Dont call me an idiot. [Finger]

#213903 - 24/04/03 06:56 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Is that genetic? Is pedophilia genetic?crime behavior?

I still am flabberghasted (sp?) that you equate those things.
What is there to understand. Pedophilia is a sexual preference is it not? Sex with animals is a sexual preference is it not? The sick bastards at NAMBLA love teenage boys.(The ACLU always defends them too) That is a sexual preference. Is it not?

If these teenage boys are consenting, do you think that should be a protected right?

My point is this... If we lower the bar on socially accepted deviance, where do we eventually draw the line?

We will never get anywhere with this argument because you do not view homosexuality as deviant behavior.

I think that it is sad that anyone would see this as normal. I guess to a gay it would be normal. I cannot fathom how anyone who claims to be heterosexual would see this as normal behavior.

I think it is totally fucked up to allow them to adopt children and introduce kids to this environment. Is that fair to children? Of course not. They are starting life out with additional baggage over their heads. Would they choose to live in this environment if they were able to make the choice themselves? I would think not.

The notion that gay men live in stable monogomous relationships is pure bullshit and gay agenda propaganda. A very tiny percentage might. The majority do not.

We will never agree on this subject so I guess it would be best to let the thread die. I have made my point.

I don't know what else to say. I'm all talked out and there is no beer in the house.

#213904 - 24/04/03 07:15 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
I don't know what else to say. I'm all talked out and there is no beer in the house.
What the HELL are you thinking?! You're in the city, there must be a place within a block or two that sells it. laugh

#213905 - 24/04/03 07:24 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mbflyerfan:
Funny, I think I may be the only Athiest, pro-choice, gay is genetic not a choice republican on the planet. Three pretty liberal leanings I admit, but I still cant stand most of the stuff that comes out of liberal's mouths.
your not alone... but i dont call myself a republican... however most of my views are Right, I just feel more strongly about my few views that lean left

#213906 - 24/04/03 07:27 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Madman, give my your home address. I'm going to send you a thesaurus. Seriously, I can't read your posts anymore. There's just something about seeing the words "liberal" and "deviant" used like normal people use the words "a" and "the" that's starting to drive me insane. You're like a 3 year old kid when he learns a new word. "da da... ma ma... poopy cucka... liberal... deviant." Is there something wrong with you? Seriously. Even Jonathan doesn't have this problem. Have you considered going back and getting your GED? Is it an issue with your keyboard? Are you head injured? Lead paint? Fork in the eye? Arthritis? Rickets? Spina Bifida? Water on the knee? Lice? Lyme disease? I know I'm grasping for straws, but I can't imagine what would cause this disorder. Is there something we can do to help?

#213907 - 24/04/03 07:32 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Todrick Offline

Quote:
I think a lot of you are ill informed or have never seen these deviants in their element.
Ok who else here:
-has been to a Gay bar?
-Been in a band sharing a hotel room everynight on tour with a gay Keyboardist?
-Have A gay Man as you Childrens "god"father(in name only, its about making sure they are OK is anything should happen to us... and to make sure there is a moderator in any family custody BS, not about a relatrionship with the Non-existant)
-Worked at an Industrial Club(a common hang out amongst the Gay and Openminded)

I think I can say I've seen them "in their element" and they are people... just people like anyone else... well maybe not Like madman... but it takes a lot of work to be that scared of the world

#213908 - 24/04/03 07:41 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ILUVMYX:
I know I'm grasping for straws, but I can't imagine what would cause this disorder.
Abject Fear of the world outside...

Madman may not be Homophobic...

but It does seem that he is Agoraphobic... its very sad

#213909 - 24/04/03 07:52 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:

I think it is totally fucked up to allow them to adopt children and introduce kids to this environment. Is that fair to children? Of course not. They are starting life out with additional baggage over their heads. Would they choose to live in this environment if they were able to make the choice themselves? I would think not.

The notion that gay men live in stable monogomous relationships is pure bullshit and gay agenda propaganda. A very tiny percentage might. The majority do not.
[/QB]
I think any child would be happy to grow up in a loving environment whether gay or straight. Do you think these children would be better off with their biological parents who could be abusive, neglectful, or worse? I'm going to tell you right now that probably just about any same sex couple would make much better parents than half of the straight parents out there!

Are you suggesting that most straight people are monogomous relationship oriented? I doubt it! Sluts come in many different flavors; man, woman, straight, gay, black, white, blue, dog...!!!

#213910 - 24/04/03 08:14 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by mbflyerfan:
[b]Funny, I think I may be the only Athiest, pro-choice, gay is genetic not a choice republican on the planet. Three pretty liberal leanings I admit, but I still cant stand most of the stuff that comes out of liberal's mouths.
your not alone... but i dont call myself a republican... however most of my views are Right, I just feel more strongly about my few views that lean left[/b]
I'm right there with you guys but maybe a little more to the right. Only thing is I'm not pro choice under any circumstance. In other words, if some bimbo gets knocked up willingly, it's not OK. In cases where a mother's life is at risk or rape or such then I'm OK with it. The ability to chose should not be a form of birth control!

#213911 - 24/04/03 08:23 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
Quote:
Quote:

Nonsense. If that were the case, why can Augusta keep women out? Sex is a protected class.
It's not nonsense Moby. They could sue in Federal Court. A liberal judiciary could interpret the law in their favor.

Why do you think both liberals and conservatives want to pack the courts with like minded people? Many laws are vague.

The Supreme Court has made many bullshit interpretations of laws. Roe vs Wade is just one of many.
Good point. For a laugh, look at some of the case law relating to sexual harassment cases (all of which have basis in Title VII)...talk about wide open to interpretation :rolleyes: Clearly defined laws with clearly defined consequences would go a long way towards removing useless cases from our courts. Probably off-topic as all get out, but some of the more reasonable things you say I actually agree with wink

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#213912 - 24/04/03 08:36 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
Quote:

I think any child would be happy to grow up in a loving environment whether gay or straight. Do you think these children would be better off with their biological parents who could be abusive, neglectful, or worse? I'm going to tell you right now that probably just about any same sex couple would make much better parents than half of the straight parents out there!

Are you suggesting that most straight people are monogomous relationship oriented? I doubt it! Sluts come in many different flavors; man, woman, straight, gay, black, white, blue, dog...!!![/QB]
Studies have shown that children being raised by gay couples may be better adjusted and capable than those raised by straight couples. For one thing they don't have various gender roles (often conflicting) being forced on them. By roles I mean stereotypically masculine or feminine traits/tasks.

Of course I also saw a study that showed the children raised by gays were more likely to be involved in backlashes against that culture because of treatment they received outside the home growing up...I guess you'll always find what you're looking for with regards to studies (depending on who funds/supports them).

Most of the family values that we take for the "norm" don't exist, they were a creation of the post WWII period that enabled all the returning men to enter the workplace again (displacing all the women that were quite happy to hold those jobs while they were gone...). Basically what we all take as the model family does not exist except in 10% of households and the dynamic is changing rapidly.

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#213913 - 24/04/03 08:38 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ILUVMYX:

Madman, give my your home address. I'm going to send you a thesaurus. Seriously, I can't read your posts anymore. There's just something about seeing the words "liberal" and "deviant" used like normal people use the words "a" and "the" that's starting to drive me insane.
I figured you would be used to hearing the word liberal at your age. It's a common term used everyday in every newspaper and in routine political discourse.

You probably don't hear the word "liberal" too much now that you are being indoctrinated at some college. The new required diversity courses at all universities have eliminated it from their vocabulary.

I use the word "deviant" because the terms I use in normal everyday conversation are not politically correct. Your affeminate nature would be offended so I use this term to lighten the impact. After all.. I'm trying to be PC. Besides it's both very descriptive and funny.

If my posts drive you insane... use the ignore feature. Otherwise too bad. [Finger] I think I will program some keys for these words. Good idea.

#213914 - 24/04/03 09:09 PM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:

I'm going to tell you right now that probably just about any same sex couple would make much better parents than half of the straight parents out there!
I'm going to tell you that your opinion is based totally on gay propaganda.

You ask any big city cop who has a gay community in his patrol sector and most will agree that these people are brutal to each other. As a whole they have a high incidence of domestic dispute and assault complaints. Disproportionately higher than the general population as a whole. Very few are stable couples. A tiny percentage of the wealthier and more conservative gays. You bought into the propaganda.

The mainstream media knows this. The data is out there. No one touches this subject. It would be the end of their career. The media today is in business to push the gay propaganda. The reporter who interviewed Santorum even inserted the word "gay" when he never said it. That is just one of the many examples of our irresponsible media.

That reporter should be fired. Do you think she will. No of course not. Her husband works for John Kerry. Another agenda they promote...The Democrats.

Quote:
Posted by CharlieX:

Most of the family values that we take for the "norm" don't exist, they were a creation of the post WWII period that enabled all the returning men to enter the workplace again (displacing all the women that were quite happy to hold those jobs while they were gone...). Basically what we all take as the model family does not exist except in 10% of households and the dynamic is changing rapidly.
You are saying there were no normal family values prior to WWII?

This statement sounds like it was written by an angry feminist. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

You did say you were back in college. Are you taking any college courses taught by feminists?

A guy your age should be less impressionable.

#213915 - 25/04/03 08:59 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Quote:
2001Frontier....

In your scenario... If a gay man applies for a job..how does anyone know he is gay unless he is advertising this fact?

One of the problems that gays have is they define themselves entirely because of their sexuality (and deviance...alright I said it).

They wear their gayness on their sleeves. Maybe if they stopped defining every aspect of themselves by this more people would be willing to accept them as individuals... not a lifestyle.

The special legislation they want is wrong. They already have the same rights as anyone else. They want their "lifestyle" rights.
Ding, ding, ding!!! NY Madman you hit it right on the head here.

If you want to be gay, fine (not really). But why do they always have to go around flaunting it? Keep it in the closet I say. You don't see normal heterosexual people going around saying, "I am straight! I am straight!".

Maybe more people would be willing to accept them if they stopped flaunting it? Stop with the gay parades and whatnot. I don't see heterosexual parades, do you?
It is kinda like minorities, if the they would just STFU and stop wanting EVERYTHING handed to them for free (i.e. affirmative action, welfare), maybe, just maybe, the rest of society would give them some slack.

Gays should not be entitled to special rights. Marriage is for a MAN and a WOMAN, not a man and a man or a woman and a woman. It is not "normal". It is not human nature to be gay. You do not see homosexuality in the animal world. We are just on top of that world.

For all you that claim people are "born" gay, I don't buy it. There is no proven "gay" gene. Homosexuality is a condition, if you will, a product of your environment. You mean to tell me a baby is born "gay"? Um, I doubt it.

For all the people who are going to say I am homophobic, I don't care. I have nothing against gay people persay. I just don't agree with that lifestyle; it is not normal. I have worked with two gay guys before. I have no problems with them. If they can do their jobs who cares, be gay. I just don't want/need to see them flaunt it. Would I go hang out with them in a gay bar? Probably not. But you won't see me in Harlem watching a basketball game either. It is just reality folks.

Stone

#213916 - 25/04/03 09:17 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stonecoldchavez:
It is not "normal". It is not human nature to be gay. You do not see homosexuality in the animal world. We are just on top of that world.
Take an anthropology class or two . . .

"Perhaps the bonobo's most typical sexual pattern, undocumented in any other primate, is genito-genital rubbing (or GG rubbing) between adult females. One female facing another clings with arms and legs to a partner that, standing on both hands and feet, lifts her off the ground. The two females then rub their genital swellings laterally together, emitting grins and squeals that probably reflect orgasmic experiences. (Laboratory experiments on stump- tailed macaques have demonstrated that women are not the only female primates capable of physiological orgasm.)

Male bonobos, too, may engage in pseudocopulation but generally perform a variation. Standing back to back, one male briefly rubs his scrotum against the buttocks of another. They also practice so-called penis-fencing, in which two males hang face to face from a branch while rubbing their erect penises together."

A bonobo is a species of primate so closely related to chimpanzees that they are difficult to distinguish from one another . . .

http://www.psc.uc.edu/hs/HS_de_Wall_Bonobo.htm

Almost forgot to include this link to the JAMA (Journal of American Medical Association) . . .

http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/short/283/16/2170

#213917 - 25/04/03 10:13 AM Re: Another Stupid Republican Opens His Mouth...
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
As much as I hate to interupt a conversation about "penis fencing", [LOL] I took the political compass test and had the following results.

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 6.25
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -1.74

That's not too far off from where I considered myself to be. (I thought I'd rate as more of a libertarian on social issues.) Economically, I've always been staunchly right wing. Take the test... yes some of the questions are worded in ways that make me want to qualify my answer, but it seems to somewhat accurately reflect my political position.

Mobycat, please forgive me for not including you in my list earlier... from your results on the political compass test, I can see you need help. (ya big socialist you) wink

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal