2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#214031 - 01/04/05 06:13 AM Re: midnight chase
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
Am I the only one here that read this and thought "Oh well, kids are kids." I was seventeen once. I did some stupid stuff, y'know, alcohol and drugs, violence, irresponsible use of firearms, erratic driving, unprotected sex. The usual. This little "midnight chase" scenario seems kind of tame to me. Am I missing something? Were you guys doing drive-bys, or like running little old ladies down or something?

Impersonating a police officer? Dude, they ran a siren and fucked around with a spotlight as a prank. No shots were fired. They didn't put on uniforms to lure, kidnap and rape underage girls. This kid ain't exactly the criminal of the century here. Irresponsible? Yes. Stupid? Maybe. But a felon? Please.

The innocent victims...Ha!
Well said.

C'mon, guys....

It's pretty to be high/mighty and patronizing to every spoiled 16 year old that does stupid shit. Hopefully we've all done some stupid shit when we were younger. If we get that crap out of our systems when we are 16 maybe we won't hit that mid life crisis and go postal.

So for all you who didn't ever do anything wrong when you were 16.......

I hope I'm out of town when your day of crisis comes.

#214032 - 04/04/05 10:01 AM Re: midnight chase
Anonymous
Unregistered

Clifton, no it's not. this acura was an old blue acura. as for those 2 kids(brennan and daniel), i knew them both. in fact, brennan was a pretty good friend of mine at mountain view. it was definitely sad. i was certainly in shock to hear about it, and the worst part is seeing his car every time i drive by professional auto body, and thinking of how bad it must've really been to be inside.

#214033 - 04/04/05 05:09 PM Re: midnight chase
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to hear you lost one of your buddies. I cringed when I saw the "display" at pro auto body-I've never seen anything like that. Did the passenger (Daniel?) not pull through?

#214034 - 04/04/05 05:39 PM Re: midnight chase
Anonymous
Unregistered

i havent heard anything from anyone about him, as far as i know, hes still in critical condition.

now they schools are trying to get the car to be placed infront of each school(bend high,summit, mountain view), for a week. to a lot of us, its a slap in the face. its bad enough we lost him, but now we have to have his goddamn car infront of our school.

#214035 - 26/04/05 08:54 PM Re: midnight chase
Anonymous
Unregistered

No offense dude, but maybe you should learn something from the loss of your freind. I don't know the circumstances of his crash, but I know 3 kids at my high school who were killed in car accidents and two of those were street racing related. In both of those cases the cars were not highly modified and were not going excessively fast (around 40mph). The reason they died was because they were paying too much attention to racing their freind and not enough attention to things like trees and oncoming traffic.

In your defense it sounds like you guys were just messing around having some fun, but just try to remember what can happen and manage your risks. I don't know if I would be having fun if a bunch of dudes I thought I didn't know started chasing me, I think I'd be a little worried about being shot.

#214036 - 09/05/05 01:45 AM Re: midnight chase
Anonymous
Unregistered

7 speeding tickets+1 speed racing ticket+ 2 license suspensions totalling to one year= 350 dollars a month for liability 3 years later

lesson learned= priceless.

looking back on it, there are many things i did as a kid. most fun that i do not regret. the one thing i do regret, is the driving aspect. i was lucky enough not to kill anyone, that feeling of invincibility is quite powerful. learn from someone who was just like you, in dads car. im still payin for it, 3.5 years later, in the airforce.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal