shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Time To Replace Exhaust
by all2surreal
06/11/17 01:57 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#214182 - 14/07/05 09:13 AM Re: New Skid plate company
defibvt Offline
7
Member

Registered: 17/11/00
Posts: 4364
Loc: AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
And thank you for your part in defending it. [ThumbsUp]

Good luck on your next deployment.
Ditto!

Top
#214183 - 14/07/05 01:30 PM Re: New Skid plate company
defibvt Offline
7
Member

Registered: 17/11/00
Posts: 4364
Loc: AZ
Just got off the phone with Marcel and he said the 05 skids will be available for order around the middle of Aug. However, he did say that he would be raising prices so that people don't think they are getting a cheap product. wink

Top
#214184 - 14/07/05 01:44 PM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered


I got mine today...

can't wait to put them on...

top quality! you won't be disappointed... unless you were expecting them to be free!! laugh

Top
#214185 - 14/07/05 02:11 PM Re: New Skid plate company
XOC Offline
Admin
Member
*****

Registered: 16/08/00
Posts: 17102
Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
Just got off the phone with Marcel and he said the 05 skids will be available for order around the middle of Aug. However, he did say that he would be raising prices so that people don't think they are getting a cheap product. wink
If they are missing some of the things that Aero Steve pointed out then by compairson to the amount of work being put into them they are getting a "cheaper" product.
_________________________
nom nom nom

Top
#214186 - 14/07/05 02:13 PM Re: New Skid plate company
XOC Offline
Admin
Member
*****

Registered: 16/08/00
Posts: 17102
Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
[b]
Third - Those plates may be big on the Pathfinder side of things (as some have said) but when was the last time you saw a Pathfinder really do any serious offroading?
Oh now THAT hurt. Wheres the love?
[Crybaby] [/b]
OK that was a bit mean of me :p

Sorry Kevin.
_________________________
nom nom nom

Top
#214187 - 14/07/05 02:22 PM Re: New Skid plate company
defibvt Offline
7
Member

Registered: 17/11/00
Posts: 4364
Loc: AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
[b]Just got off the phone with Marcel and he said the 05 skids will be available for order around the middle of Aug. However, he did say that he would be raising prices so that people don't think they are getting a cheap product. wink
If they are missing some of the things that Aero Steve pointed out then by compairson to the amount of work being put into them they are getting a "cheaper" product.[/b]
I didn't miss anything. However, it is nice there is competition and I believe someone said that that was the beta of the skid and it wasn't fully installed. Correct me if I am wrong.

Top
#214188 - 14/07/05 03:04 PM Re: New Skid plate company
XOC Offline
Admin
Member
*****

Registered: 16/08/00
Posts: 17102
Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
I believe someone said that that was the beta of the skid and it wasn't fully installed. Correct me if I am wrong.
And as someone said why would you put an image of a work in progress that has a bunch of problems with it? Especially if you are running a business selling parts that are suppose to protect your truck.
_________________________
nom nom nom

Top
#214189 - 14/07/05 03:57 PM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered


[Argue]
Blah, fucking-blah-blah-blah...

Top
#214190 - 14/07/05 04:34 PM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered


Haha, Too funny. Probably like several people on this Forum.

Top
#214191 - 14/07/05 07:21 PM Re: New Skid plate company
XOC Offline
Admin
Member
*****

Registered: 16/08/00
Posts: 17102
Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
[Argue]
Blah, fucking-blah-blah-blah...
That is great. laugh
_________________________
nom nom nom

Top
#214192 - 14/07/05 07:57 PM Re: New Skid plate company
BurgPath Offline
Member

Registered: 25/05/02
Posts: 2146
Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
[b]
Third - Those plates may be big on the Pathfinder side of things (as some have said) but when was the last time you saw a Pathfinder really do any serious offroading?
Oh now THAT hurt. Wheres the love?
[Crybaby] [/b]
OK that was a bit mean of me :p

Sorry Kevin.[/b]
See. Carlton's not a complete hard ass, he even knows how to apologize.

(Bastard [Finger] )
_________________________
Kevin
- 2008.5 Titan SE 4x4
Burgy --- Nissan Offroad Association of the Southeast

Top
#214193 - 14/07/05 08:02 PM Re: New Skid plate company
XOC Offline
Admin
Member
*****

Registered: 16/08/00
Posts: 17102
Loc: Minneapolis, MN
I just had visions of the newer Pathfinders floating in my head and as Andy and a few others pointed out there are plenty of the older Pathfinders that actually wheel.

Boot to the head. [Freak]
_________________________
nom nom nom

Top
#214194 - 14/07/05 08:30 PM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered


Nice pic DBAX very fitting to the thread. Thanks you made me chuckle!

I proudly serve this country and I am grateful to those who appreciate why we do it. So for That I thank you.

Top
#214195 - 14/07/05 09:39 PM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered


Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
I just had visions of the newer Pathfinders floating in my head and as Andy and a few others pointed out there are plenty of the older Pathfinders that actually wheel.

Boot to the head. [Freak]
define "newer"

Top
#214196 - 14/07/05 09:41 PM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered


is this what you mean by newer?



Top
#214197 - 14/07/05 09:47 PM Re: New Skid plate company
XOC Offline
Admin
Member
*****

Registered: 16/08/00
Posts: 17102
Loc: Minneapolis, MN
A 1997 Pathfinder was not what I had in mind.

But thanks for the pics. I bet Kevin loves to see that.

Edit to add:

I don't see anything past Oct 2003. What has he been doing lately? With the list of places he has been I am suprized he has not made it to Moab.
_________________________
nom nom nom

Top
#214198 - 14/07/05 10:12 PM Re: New Skid plate company
Claus Offline
Member

Registered: 05/07/02
Posts: 4373
WOW, amazing when reading all 7 pages it becomes very evident,

Calmi...I mean Carlton, Have you been a dickhead all your life or did you work at it?.

It is evident that ANY effort to create something Unique, affordable and perhaps just as good as the the Sponsors of everything mounted on a certain white Xterra, is chopped down,shut down and ridiculed without doing ANY proper research or even listen to the people partaking in this project. What a brilliant way to drive your membership (all 123 active posters) away.

Congratulations, on continuing to alienate the members that drive your Sponsorship for XOC. I am sure Ian would be proud.
_________________________
Sharam can have my sister

Top
#214199 - 14/07/05 10:20 PM Re: New Skid plate company
Huey Offline
Member

Registered: 27/03/01
Posts: 1812
Loc: Hayward, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:


I don't see anything past Oct 2003. What has he been doing lately? With the list of places he has been I am suprized he has not made it to Moab.
He's been wheelin, his recent pics just aren't easily found on his site.

BTW, you met Dean (XPLORX4) at goneMOAB 03 I guess you just don't remember...
_________________________
-Huey
NCCX

Top
#214200 - 14/07/05 10:37 PM Re: New Skid plate company
XOC Offline
Admin
Member
*****

Registered: 16/08/00
Posts: 17102
Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Huey:
He's been wheelin, his recent pics just aren't easily found on his site.

BTW, you met Dean (XPLORX4) at goneMOAB 03 I guess you just don't remember...
Ohh.. I think I have some pics of him then. Too many people at some of these events that I loose track.

Yup.. Found one.
_________________________
nom nom nom

Top
#214201 - 14/07/05 10:48 PM Re: New Skid plate company
BigE515 Offline
Member

Registered: 13/10/02
Posts: 5734
Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Quote:
Originally posted by Claus Christensen:
WOW, amazing when reading all 7 pages it becomes very evident,

Calmi...I mean Carlton, Have you been a dickhead all your life or did you work at it?.

It is evident that ANY effort to create something Unique, affordable and perhaps just as good as the the Sponsors of everything mounted on a certain white Xterra, is chopped down,shut down and ridiculed without doing ANY proper research or even listen to the people partaking in this project. What a brilliant way to drive your membership (all 123 active posters) away.

Congratulations, on continuing to alienate the members that drive your Sponsorship for XOC. I am sure Ian would be proud.
Wow. Kind of harsh but, after owning a Toyota pickup for 12 years and enjoying the large number of performance parts producers that were available. I have to agree. I'd hate to see possible producers of Xterra performance parts turned away on this, obviously the nucleus of the Xterra community.
_________________________
My Xterra Pics - Nexterra Forum - My YouTube Videos

Top
#214202 - 15/07/05 03:52 AM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered


Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
Hockey's back!!! woo-hoo!
The last guy's sig is the best part of this thread..

Top
#214203 - 15/07/05 06:04 AM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered


I propose that you re-instate Marcel's account...

if you continue to shut down people like this, its just going to be more reason for guys like skidrow to continue gouging their customers... they are getting rich because they are the only ones who are known... kind of a monopoly situation you are aiding here... why do you think parts for Jeeps are so cheap and Nissan so expensive? because there are so many suppliers for them, and this board is working against new suppliers starting up!!

time to drop the negative feelings you have, and get on with your life.

Top
#214204 - 15/07/05 06:42 AM Re: New Skid plate company
XOC Offline
Admin
Member
*****

Registered: 16/08/00
Posts: 17102
Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by CRAZ4SNO:
I propose that you re-instate Marcel's account...

if you continue to shut down people like this, its just going to be more reason for guys like skidrow to continue gouging their customers... they are getting rich because they are the only ones who are known... kind of a monopoly situation you are aiding here... why do you think parts for Jeeps are so cheap and Nissan so expensive? because there are so many suppliers for them, and this board is working against new suppliers starting up!!

time to drop the negative feelings you have, and get on with your life.
There are advertisers here on XOC and to give a business free access to the member base that another business is paying for would not be fair. I offered him a way to get exposure and he denied it. Nothing to see here. Move on.

I do not care if members here talk about product X,Y or Z but I will not let a vendor come here and sell their wares in an unfair way to those that support this board.

As for my opinions of the BP product. They are my opinions and are based on what I saw on the website and compaired to other skidplate vendors products.
_________________________
nom nom nom

Top
#214205 - 15/07/05 06:48 AM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered


I think you need to show us the links where he was selling his stuff...

remember, he did not start this thread. if he comes here to answer questions, that should be allowed...

Top
#214206 - 15/07/05 06:49 AM Re: New Skid plate company
XOC Offline
Admin
Member
*****

Registered: 16/08/00
Posts: 17102
Loc: Minneapolis, MN
I need to show you nothing.

Ask him, he knows.
_________________________
nom nom nom

Top
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >



shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal