shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#214207 - 15/07/05 06:56 AM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered

so bottom line is, you don't give a shit about anyone else on here... its all about #1...

if you are going to make statements, you should at least have a way to back them up... you are not God and your word will not be taken that way.

#214208 - 15/07/05 07:05 AM Re: New Skid plate company
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by CRAZ4SNO:
so bottom line is, you don't give a shit about anyone else on here... its all about #1...

if you are going to make statements, you should at least have a way to back them up... you are not God and your word will not be taken that way.
Since you missed it the first time..

There are advertisers here on XOC and to give a business free access to the member base that another business is paying for would not be fair. I offered him a way to get exposure and he denied it. Nothing to see here. Move on.

I do not care if members here talk about product X,Y or Z but I will not let a vendor come here and sell their wares in an unfair way to those that support this board.

As for my opinions of the BP product. They are my opinions and are based on what I saw on the website and compaired to other skidplate vendors products.

#214209 - 15/07/05 07:10 AM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered

in case you missed it...

I was refering to your 'I am an admin god, and what I say is the only way' comment "I need to show you nothing"

get your head out of your ass and realize that there is a world out there that does not revolve around you.

#214210 - 15/07/05 07:16 AM Re: New Skid plate company
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
So just because you asked for something and I told you I did not need to show you anything I am being a God?

Like I said. Talk to BP. I showed it to them when they had a lapse of memory.

#214211 - 15/07/05 07:19 AM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered

why don't you save the hassle and show it...

and I did not say you were, I said that comment was voiced in that tone...

#214212 - 15/07/05 07:20 AM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered

Guys,Guys, Can't we all just get along?

This argument seems pointless, agree to disagree and we'll all move on.

There are several people that are going to order these products regardless of our opinions. Let's see what they think when they receive/install them. Hopefully we'll get some good Off-Road Pictures of them actually being used. This will give us better judgement on the quality.

Either way I apreciate this Forum, XOC and its Moderators/Admins. Thanks to you all for keeping this up and running.

#214213 - 15/07/05 07:36 AM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered

agreed... I just think Marcel is being treated unfairly, and I am not the only one.

#214214 - 15/07/05 08:05 AM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus Christensen:
.......ANY effort to create something Unique, affordable and perhaps just as good as the the Sponsors of everything mounted on a certain white Xterra, is chopped down,shut down and ridiculed without doing ANY proper research or even listen to the people partaking in this project......
I hate to say it, but on the other sponsored boards I frequent, they will delete threads that even show a picture of a non-sponsors product.

Carlton's mistake was that he tried to discredit it instead of simply deleting the thread. Clearly, the whole board knows about the product, but it would probably be wise to delete the 8 pages of bickering and just let a new thread get started.

Personally, although I don't own one, I think that Skid Row makes the best plates of anybody for the X. Speaking from personal experience, the wrong plates will NOT save money in the long run. I have seen skid row plates survive the same carnage that othe plates just folded.

I agree that this crap alienates our members, big time. PLEASE delete this thread so we can get on with our lives.

#214215 - 15/07/05 08:16 AM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by CRAZ4SNO:
agreed... I just think Marcel is being treated unfairly, and I am not the only one.
Agreed, but the best support for him will be purchasing his product and helping him make a name for himself as providing quality, well designed products. Bickering here will only alienate people from him and possibly this board.

Let this thread dissapear into the abyss of cyberspace and give us raving reviews of a new product that you own and love.

#214216 - 15/07/05 08:18 AM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got mine yesterday, along with 5 other sets for members of SOXC and mine will be installed on Sunday!! laugh

I am in total agreement to delete this thread...

#214217 - 15/07/05 08:23 AM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome, post some picts later on...

Title it maybe... Here's my new skids!

First pict of it supporting the weight of the X on the plate. What do they say? A picture is worth a Thousand words.

#214218 - 15/07/05 08:40 AM Re: New Skid plate company
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Quote:
Originally posted by Wallybeaver:
Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
[b]Hockey's back!!! woo-hoo!
The last guy's sig is the best part of this thread..[/b]
[ThumbsUp] [Wave]

#214219 - 15/07/05 08:56 AM Re: New Skid plate company
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Quote:
[b] .......ANY effort to create something Unique, affordable and perhaps just as good as the the Sponsors of everything mounted on a certain white Xterra, is chopped down,shut down and ridiculed without doing ANY proper research or even listen to the people partaking in this project......
I hate to say it, but on the other sponsored boards I frequent, they will delete threads that even show a picture of a non-sponsors product.

Carlton's mistake was that he tried to discredit it instead of simply deleting the thread. Clearly, the whole board knows about the product, but it would probably be wise to delete the 8 pages of bickering and just let a new thread get started.

Personally, although I don't own one, I think that Skid Row makes the best plates of anybody for the X. Speaking from personal experience, the wrong plates will NOT save money in the long run. I have seen skid row plates survive the same carnage that othe plates just folded.

I agree that this crap alienates our members, big time. PLEASE delete this thread so we can get on with our lives.[/b]
Dunno if you misunderstood my post. What I said that is alienating the membership is the aparent sensorship going on, I understand that you can not advertise if you have not paid for it here, that is natural. But just pissing over everything remotely associated with "Non preferred" aftermarket parts just displays the narrowmindedness of the person running this board....I guess it has a positive side in the 4x4 community that drives Xterra's find this site first, grows up and discovers other boards that treat idea's, people and common sense with a brighter more "customer" friendly approach and a bit of respect

#214220 - 15/07/05 10:37 AM Re: New Skid plate company
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
A 1997 Pathfinder was not what I had in mind.

But thanks for the pics. I bet Kevin loves to see that.

Edit to add:

I don't see anything past Oct 2003. What has he been doing lately? With the list of places he has been I am surprised he has not made it to Moab.
Dean (XplorX4)and System F are nuts. They do more with an R50 than Nissan ever intended. [ThumbsUp]

Everyone knows this is more my style:

(Its a pretty rutted driveway)

#214221 - 15/07/05 11:31 AM Re: New Skid plate company
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
A couple of things.

Steel prices are starting to fall. That's a good thing. I've been watching them since a cage is in my future.

SLR does not and cannot post here. They are not allowed to introduce or promote new or existing products and pricing. It was mentioned that Josh posted here. He owns an X and is high school friend of Spencer who only recently started working at SLR. He does post on the NOR board but that is within that boards policies.

Carlton and I have gone round and round many times regarding this issue. XOC is a privately run and privately funded message board. It accepts advertising and that advertising funds the costs associated with the board.

It is also offers a large built-in customer base of eager buyers for potential members. That customer base holds a certain value. And that customer base comes at a nominal price that those who see the value in that customer base have chosen to invest in.

If vendors are allowed to freely promote and sell their products through this board then there is no incentive for them to advertise and that value becomes dimminshed. Also, if they are allowed to promote their products it puts in to question the need and value of those who do choose to support the board by advertising.

Unlike some other boards, Carlton does allow members to discuss thier modifications and the vendors associated with those modificatons as long as it does not cross the line of what is considered advertising the product and as is the case here he never prohibited a discussion of the skid plates.

As he has done with SLR who thus far has not entered into an agreement, any vendor is invited to advertise here and with thier advertising program they are then welcome to freely promote, advertise and discuss their products as any other vendor that has supported this community with their dollars.

#214222 - 15/07/05 11:39 AM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered

Along those lines, would it be innappropriate to fab up like a bumper or skid plates on the X and provide the specifications/design files/plans for public use?

#214223 - 15/07/05 11:46 AM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by tuff:
Along those lines, would it be innappropriate to fab up like a bumper or skid plates on the X and provide the specifications/design files/plans for public use?
Nope.

I posted the specs for my sliders. Nobody got pissed.

Somebody delete this retarded thread so we can start a legit one without 8 pages of bullshit.

#214224 - 15/07/05 11:51 AM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered

#214225 - 15/07/05 12:35 PM Re: New Skid plate company
Claus Offline

Jeff, you should come clean, Tell your wife the red pants in Vegas made you realize.....YOUR A CLOSET FAG.

Have a good weekend!

#214226 - 15/07/05 01:34 PM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
......YOUR A CLOSET FAG.....
Nope

#214227 - 15/07/05 01:41 PM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Dean (XplorX4)and System F are nuts. They do more with an R50 than Nissan ever intended
Thank you, it did not go unnoticed.

#214228 - 15/07/05 04:36 PM Re: New Skid plate company
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Wow, let just 24 hours go by and the world gets away from ya! wink I was abstaining from this thread.

Thanks to Huy, Kevin, and CRAZ4SNO for defending the R50 platform, which obviously gets a workout from .004% of its owner base. [Too much XOC]

I guess I really oughta update my web site, huh? wink

But I'd rather be wheelin! laugh

#214229 - 15/07/05 04:52 PM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by tuff:
I dont see an issue, you are not advertising you are giving away information and most people will go with the prefab items anyway. But I am sure if it was a violation it would not go unnoticed. wink

#214230 - 27/07/05 08:59 PM Re: New Skid plate company
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=003744

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal