shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#214286 - 27/08/03 03:09 AM Proposition 54
690106 Offline

Loc: vancouver
What is your position on proposition 54, especially those of you living in California? From what I understand, it is a law which will address racial equality, or "color blindness"

#214287 - 27/08/03 09:02 AM Re: Proposition 54
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Surprisingly, I know nothing about this, and that's a good thing! laugh

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#214288 - 27/08/03 09:02 PM Re: Proposition 54
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
If I were living in California I would vote "YES" on Proposition 54.

No one in our society should get any special treatment solely based on the color of their skin or their racial ancestry.

Does it really make a difference even if Proposition 54 passes on Oct. 7? Remember Proposition 187?

We have an out of control Federal Judiciary. The opponents of Prop. 54 will just sue in the Federal Courts and this will be overturned by one of the growing number of radical federal judges who twist, contort, and pervert the U.S. Constitution any way they see fit.

There is no such thing as states rights any more. The Federal Judiciary acts as if the 10th Amendment to the Constitution doesn't exist.

I can already see some leftist federal judge will pervert and distort the 1st and 14th Amendments and will overrule this (you can also bet he/she will be a Clinton administration appointee). The 1st Amendment will be perverted by twisting the statement "and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances". The 14th Amendent will be perverted by twisting the clause "nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws"

The 14th Amendment is one of the most abused and perverted clauses in the U.S. Constitution by the radical left to acheive their agenda.

A proposition voted on by the citizens of any state or any individual state laws mean nothing anymore because as I previously mentioned our out of control federal judiciary ignores the 10th Amendment all the time. A high profile recent example is the case Lawrence vs Texas (the Texas sodomy law). The Supreme Court nor any Federal Circuit Court had no business even taking this case...but they did anyway.

We are no longer a Representative Democracy. Our form of government is degrading into a Federal Judical Tyranny.

Do you really think it makes one bit of difference even if Proposition 54 passes?

Quote:
First Amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Quote:
Tenth Amendment:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Quote:
Fourteenth Amendment: Section 1

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

#214289 - 27/08/03 09:42 PM Re: Proposition 54
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof

Okay, so Citizens are subject to the laws, but non citizens therefore are not and get special treatment.

#214290 - 27/08/03 10:28 PM Re: Proposition 54
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by oleblue:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof

Okay, so Citizens are subject to the laws, but non citizens therefore are not and get special treatment.
I think you are talking about Proposition 187. That was struck down by a federal court primarily by invoking The Equal Protection Clause contained in the 14th Amendment.

The Equal Protection Clause is the most abused and perverted clause of the Constitution. The text of this clause in today's society basically means nothing but a "license for extreme liberalism".

It will also be one of several arguments to strike down Prop. 54 by a federal court.... if it ever passes.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal