shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#214474 - 29/05/03 09:53 AM Re: It was all carlton's idea.
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
in a sense i think you may be right... as a whole supporting member might be able to do more to support the site, but not in the ways you mention it...

you have to remember who most of the supporting members are... long time members who like to joke and have fun... it was just a joke...

christ did everyone develop thin skin since XOC came around... the Un-bored was brutal

and honestly i think a newbie would be more turned off by the fact that several people didn't even see how it could be funny... let alone that it was.

oh well... we obviously don't see eye to eye... i thought the internet as well as this site specifically were supposed to be Informative AND Entertaining... guess i was wrong

Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
You know, I noticed that the entire first page of this thread is composed of "Supporting Members." It seems to me that being a "supporting member" should mean more than just getting a few perks for $20. Doesn't it mean that you help "support" the board in general, rather than tear it down?

I'm not trying to piss anybody off, but if I were a newbie and I saw all of the supporting members and moderators smacking each other like kids in a playground, I'd go somewhere else.

Your friendly "Tin Soldier,"

#214475 - 29/05/03 10:32 AM Re: It was all carlton's idea.
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
You know, I noticed that the entire first page of this thread is composed of "Supporting Members." It seems to me that being a "supporting member" should mean more than just getting a few perks for $20. Doesn't it mean that you help "support" the board in general, rather than tear it down?

I'm not trying to piss anybody off, but if I were a newbie and I saw all of the supporting members and moderators smacking each other like kids in a playground, I'd go somewhere else.

Your friendly "Tin Soldier,"
Geesus FUCK. This thread WAS in the Supporting Members forum. Therefore until this thread was moved here for all to see , the only people that could have possibly posted were supporting members.

All this bullshit about the people who participated in this being responsible for tearing down XOC and being responsible for the downfall ect. is just that , BULLSHIT. Did anything spill over into ANY other forum other than the ALR where shit like this exist ALL THE FUCKING TIME?

In the Supporting Members thread , where it was initiated , not ONE person voiced an objection. People who commented on the thread included some of the longest standing members here yet , not one objection.

I ask again; While this topic has been on going , has it affected any of the technical , local club , or informational topics in ANY WAY AT ALL? NO!

People have still been talking about tires , stereos , seats , transmissions , manifolds , lifts , places they've been . places they are going , sports , movies , joys and problems with their vehicle just like they allways have.

My guess is that guys like Electro Ken and ToolBox didn't even notice it and if they did it didn't have any effect on them at all since they use this board solely for technical and excursion type information.

This complete and utter nonsense about any of us contributing do any feared downfall of XOC is total bullshit. This is a community. That means more than just an exchange of technical ideas. The off-topic stuff does not infact contribute to maintaining an Xterra , true. But it does contribute to the members here getting to know each other and forming that community.

This , like any other good automotive board on the net , just like any community itself , has it's share of good information , it has it's share of clowns and has it's share of complete idiots. If you desire a utopian society where everyone is in agreement all the time and everyone likes everyone all time , you are in a complete dreamworld.

I , like the others who participated in the Supporting Members thread , do contribute usefull and helpfull information when it is aplicable. Carlton , is a wealth of knowledge and gives very good information.

Is there anyone here who really thinks that he now becomes less informative because he participated in this? Hardly.

A week from now people will still be talking about tires , stereos , seats , transmissions , manifolds , lifts , places they've been , places they are going , sports , movies , joys and problems with their vehicle just like they always have.

They will also be talking about religion and politics and other controversial subjects and probably get into arguments and they will try to debate until their fingers wear out trying to convince others that their viewpoint is the correct one.

Just like they allways have.

#214476 - 29/05/03 10:38 AM Re: It was all carlton's idea.
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Couldn't agree more Socal... The ALR is the Jerry Springer show of XOC. We all come here to see what's going to happen next. Some of us are the idiots in the audience and some are the idiots on the stage.. Either way, we hold the same title... Idiots smile

#214477 - 29/05/03 10:44 AM Re: It was all carlton's idea.
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
amen

#214478 - 29/05/03 10:51 AM Re: It was all carlton's idea.
JayzX Offline

Loc: Sigonella, Sicily, Italy
I ain't no idiot! /throws chair/

[Argue]

"What are you gonna make me do? Wack a guy? Off a guy? Wack-off a guy? Cuz I'm married!" - Peter (The Family Guy)

#214479 - 29/05/03 11:20 AM Re: It was all carlton's idea.
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JayzX:
[QB]I ain't no idiot! /throws chair/

Yes you are! /breaks bottle and goes for the eyes!/

#214480 - 29/05/03 11:51 AM Re: It was all carlton's idea.
number41 Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Well put Socal!

I swear people get their panties in a bunch over the smallest thing. "Us versus them?" If only they knew all the massively exciting things going on in the Supporting Members forums... :rolleyes:

Small hands in third world countries make quality products.

#214481 - 29/05/03 02:13 PM Re: It was all carlton's idea.
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
I honestly think the *funnier* thing is how everyone is now trying to justify it.

People may have gotten their panties in a wad, but look who's getting defensive.

:p

Just my opinion, of course... [Wave]
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal