shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#214668 - 04/09/03 01:52 PM Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
This seems to be pretty much a liberal board, so I guess it's not surprising that none of ya'll have brought this topic up in here yet. Could it be that ya'll are happy that he got what he deserved, but don't want to admit it because you're supposedly against the death penalty? [Huh?]

#214669 - 04/09/03 02:00 PM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
I've been called a liberal many a time by our resident liberalaphobic smile , but I am happy as hell that he is dead. I'm just upset that they didn't kill him using the same method that he killed his victims.

I am all for the death penalty, except that you should be put to death the same way that you killed your victims (to include any torture or sexual assault that may have been inflicted just before or caused the death).

This death by lethal injection is a bunch of crap!! They should make the actual act of being put to death part of the deterrent.

#214670 - 04/09/03 02:24 PM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:

This seems to be pretty much a liberal board,
You're kidding? Holy shit!... When the hell did this happen?

(Just kidding Nismo)

Regarding Hill... the law is the law. The guy committed pre-meditated murder. In the act of killing the abortionist he also murdered another man. Pre-meditated murder is a capital crime. He did deserve to die.... according to the law.

I totally agree with you on the whole liberal hypocrisy thing.

#214671 - 04/09/03 02:25 PM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
off2cjb Offline

Irony...A lady walks into an abortion clinic to kill her baby...Kills her baby...A man waits outside...The lady leaves the abortion clinic...The man who killed the baby leaves the clinic...The man outside kills the man who just killed a few babies...The government then kills the man who killed the man who killed the baby.

I agree with the death penalty. I agree with old fashioned public executions. None of this would have happened if abortions were illegal. I don't won't this to turn into an abortion debate either. Just saying, that's all...

#214672 - 04/09/03 02:32 PM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
GrayHam Offline

Interesting . . .

This topic could light up like a Xmas wino . . .

I don't know how I feel about the death penalty. I'm not a victim in any direct way of a violent crime, so I have luxury to step back from the situation.

I consider Hill a murderer. Did he get what he deserved? Well, I think he forfeited his right to a free life for killing another human.
Spending the rest of his lifetime in a federal pound-him-in-the-ass prison would have suited me, I guess . . .

I don't want to turn this into an abortion debate either. Anti-abortion fanatics are fucking whacked in the head. Just saying, that's all...
laugh

#214673 - 04/09/03 03:05 PM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
Chato Offline

Loc: Orange, Tx
I consider myself a Republican and a conservative (yea, same thing, but not to be confused with a Conservative Democrat, Moderate Republican, etc.). I am for capital punishment and extremely Pro-Life, and there's nothing anyone could say to change my mind (at least regarding the Pro-Life part). I'm also not wanting to get into an abortion debate, because people either agree or disagree, and nothing is solved by everyone getting on here and bitching.
Although I am Pro-Life, I agree that the man that killed the abortion doctor should get the death penalty. He commited a horrible crime, and should face the ultimate consequence. Granted, what the doctor did makes me sick, and I think he will probably suffer an eternity in hell for it (remember, just my opinion, don't get pissed), but that doesn't give someone else the right to kill him. The doctor will receive judgement of his own, as will the man that killed him. I just hope they both enjoy the heat!

#214674 - 04/09/03 03:16 PM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
NismoXse02 Offline

Chato, you brought up another good point. I take it you are a Christian? If so, do you really believe that Mr. Hill will go to hell for that? What he did is no doubt wrong and a sin, but he's obviously a Christian who's been misled. However, he accepted Jesus Christ as his savior. Why would he go to hell? Just curious.
EDIT: Just realized that I guess it depends on whether or not he repented his sin...

I'm a conservative, but I'm actually against the death penalty for the most part. I'm also Pro-life. I think it's worse to kill innocent life than to kill someone that commits an awful crime and therefore I'm not 100% against the death penalty. What this guy did was wrong, but I'm not feeling sorry for the doctor either.

#214675 - 04/09/03 03:35 PM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
This sick bastard went on record that he expected "a great reward" when he reached heaven for killing that doctor. Gee, sounds familiar doesn't it, kinda like those suicide bombers belief of 72 virgins and all that crap. As far as I'm concerned, there's one less wacko in the world.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#214676 - 04/09/03 04:34 PM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
Claus Offline

Fry the fucker, fry the babies

And yes Die all Liberal vermin scum !

#214677 - 04/09/03 05:51 PM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
In this society the penalty for killing someone, is death. He got what he deserved.

#214678 - 05/09/03 04:43 AM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
Happy Birthday xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
State sponsored execution is still murder, regardless of the circumstance (in my opinion).
Although, I gotta admit; this one's been a lil' tough.

#214679 - 05/09/03 06:35 AM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:
State sponsored execution is still murder, regardless of the circumstance (in my opinion).
I don't see why this guy made it a "'lil tough." Are you saying that killing an abortion doctor and driver is somehow a worse crime than, say, kidnapping and murdering a van load of children? His crime is no more heinous than that of most murderers. But I guess since he's a white religious fanatic, that makes it more acceptable to you.

I'm glad they put him to death. The guy was a sick ticket. No matter how you feel about abortion, you shouldn't take the law into your own hands. Abortion should be legal and safe. (Especially from religious zealots.) This bastard got what he deserved.

Thank you and goodnight!

Andy

#214680 - 05/09/03 06:37 AM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:
[b]State sponsored execution is still murder, regardless of the circumstance (in my opinion).
I don't see why this guy made it a "'lil tough." Are you saying that killing an abortion doctor and driver is somehow a worse crime than, say, kidnapping and murdering a van load of children? His crime is no more heinous than that of most murderers. But I guess since he's a white religious fanatic, that makes it more acceptable to you.

I'm glad they put him to death. The guy was a sick ticket. No matter how you feel about abortion, you shouldn't take the law into your own hands. Abortion should be legal and safe. (Especially from religious zealots.) This bastard got what he deserved.

Thank you and goodnight!

Andy[/b]
He really wasn't a religious fanatic. Other people than Christians find abortion immoral and wrong.

#214681 - 05/09/03 06:54 AM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
Uhhh, riiight. This moron thought that killing an abortion doctor is "God's work." He said he would recieve his reward in heaven. He said he would have gunned down the police officer assigned to protect the doctor as well, (but the officer wasn't there yet)

Yet you say this guy wasn't a religious fanatic. He's a complete religious nutjob... Just like members of Islamic Jihad.

I don't know what your point is with the "Christian" line. I know that many faiths teach that abortion is wrong. Personally, I don't think this guy was a christian at all. I think he'll be suprised when he finds himself in hell. eek [Uh Oh !]

#214682 - 05/09/03 07:49 AM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Could it be that ya'll are happy that he got what he deserved, but don't want to admit it because you're supposedly against the death penalty?
I'll take "none of the above" since...

drum roll please...

I don't give a rat's ass and the whole damn country doesn't need to know about it!

Thank you,
Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#214683 - 05/09/03 08:26 AM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
[
I don't give a rat's ass and the whole damn country doesn't need to know about it!
That's actually a great answer and another point I'm trying to make. Why is it news-worthy? Because he claimed it in the name of religion? Wow, let's get the entire press out in full force over this case. I mean, at least he said something instead of an athiest doing a crime like this for no reason whatsoever. Where are those stories in the news? But then again, xterrapin pointed out that two beliefs of the liberals are crossing each other making it "a lil' tough".

Anyway, can't we cover better stories in the world... like the Kobe Bryant case? [Uh Oh !]

#214684 - 05/09/03 08:39 AM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
wordtothis Offline

Loc: atlanta
Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:
I am all for the death penalty, except that you should be put to death the same way that you killed your victims (to include any torture or sexual assault that may have been inflicted just before or caused the death).

This death by lethal injection is a bunch of crap!! They should make the actual act of being put to death part of the deterrent.
mad HELL YEAH DUDE!!!! mad
this is what i've been saying for years, i bet a lot of the sick fucks that kill would re-think their behavior if they had what they do to others in store for themselves...
sick fucks. mad
david

#214685 - 05/09/03 09:07 AM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
Happy Birthday xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Quote:
But then again, xterrapin pointed out that two beliefs of the liberals are crossing each other making it "a lil' tough".
Exactly! That would make for some good stories and polls. Some folks would have to decide which is more important to them, freedom of choice or the abolishment of the death penalty. That's why I had to stop and think about it for a moment.

#214686 - 05/09/03 11:49 AM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
X-Yotaluva Offline

Loc: Rural Hall, NC
I do belive the guy got what he deserved and possibly in some strange morbid way so did the doc. It's not like he was doing research to cure cancer or anything. He was cashing in on the death of babies or soon to be babies, depending on how you view it.

Who wants to go club some baby seals? Anyone?

#214687 - 05/09/03 01:13 PM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
Chato Offline

Loc: Orange, Tx
Quote:
Chato, you brought up another good point. I take it you are a Christian? If so, do you really believe that Mr. Hill will go to hell for that? What he did is no doubt wrong and a sin, but he's obviously a Christian who's been misled. However, he accepted Jesus Christ as his savior. Why would he go to hell? Just curious.
EDIT: Just realized that I guess it depends on whether or not he repented his sin...

I'm a conservative, but I'm actually against the death penalty for the most part. I'm also Pro-life. I think it's worse to kill innocent life than to kill someone that commits an awful crime and therefore I'm not 100% against the death penalty. What this guy did was wrong, but I'm not feeling sorry for the doctor either.
Well, you brought up a good point. And I really don't have an answer, nor do I want to have a theological debate with everyone. BUT, I'll still try to answer your question, which is only my opinion based on my beliefs and nothing else. I guess I'm really not one to say who would or wouldn't go to heaven or hell, and to be honest, I was probably in the wrong for assuming he would, as it's not my place. I'm just simply going by God's word that says thou shall not kill. The Old Testament focuses more on punishment and "eye for an eye," while the New Testament focuses more on forgiveness and mercy due to Jesus' crucifiction. I believe that if he truly asked for forgiveness, and was sincere in his heart, then he would be forgiven by the Lord. But that raises another point regarding the death penalty. Will those that give the death penalty as a punishment be judged? Will the person that is responsible for pushing the button, or turning the switch to begin the injection be judged? Will the person that ends someone's life support, causing a person to die be judged? Will the person that aids someone in suicide be judged?
I don't know. I myself am on the fence regarding the Death Penalty. God says we are not to kill, but we do to punish. If my wife were killed, or raped, or if my children were murdered or raped, or if any family member of mine was murdered, then I would want the person that did it to die a painful and miserable death. Yes, I'm a Christian, yes, I know God's word, BUT, my heart would not want that person to live, and I would like them to take the E-Train to hell, as awful as it sounds, and as hypocritical as others may paint me. Mess with me all you want, but no one touches my family.
There's a lot I have to figure out. Then again, what's the point? I know I'll know when it's my time. All I know to do is to be the best person I can be, and to try to be a loyal Christian that does not judge, that helps others, that forgives, and seeks truth in "The Word." As far as I know, both men could be having their feet washed by Jesus as we speak. Who's to say.

#214688 - 09/09/03 02:46 PM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
aquamander Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Ga.
Well, I look at as expediting them to judgement. The bible also speaks of laws. and abiding by the laws or suffering the consequences.

This guy was perverted by religious zealots, exactly like those evil fuckers who flew the planes into the buildings.

It's a growing world-wide phenomenon, not only for the Islamic. Our country is full of apocalyptic bible thumpers who think they are charged to go out unto the world and convince everyone who doesn't believe the way they do, that they are doomed to hell and time is running out. Okay by me as long as it doesn't become such a powerful force that things like suicide and murder are ever justifiable. When religious zealots become convinced that they are doing is sooo right, that's when they start passing out the kool-aide. Or perhaps bombing abortion clinics, gay bars, or olympic parks full of people.

Laws concerning capitol crimes are designed in a way that is supposed to deter...We need to thrust the almighty injectors a little more. Far less horrible than what the victim recieved almost always. If someone chooses to commit a capitol crime, then they should get the death penalty if the jury decides that. Once the appeals run out...so does the time for the killer. Tough shit.

This guy was a zealot, killed a couple people and tried to hide behind his religion, and is now taking the celestial dirt nap. Next...

#214689 - 15/09/03 08:34 AM Re: Paul Hill Executed For Murder of Abortion Doctor
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by wordtothis:
Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:
[b]I am all for the death penalty, except that you should be put to death the same way that you killed your victims (to include any torture or sexual assault that may have been inflicted just before or caused the death).

mad HELL YEAH DUDE!!!! mad
this is what i've been saying for years, i bet a lot of the sick fucks that kill would re-think their behavior if they had what they do to others in store for themselves...
sick fucks. mad
david[/b]
Yeah, lets just wipe our ass with the Constitution while we are at it!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal