shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#214706 - 31/01/06 11:59 AM If You Care...
off2cjb Offline

As per our last discussion over Hollywood, Jews, Gays, and award shows, the nominees for the Oscars came out.

Why it is fixed from the start...How can this secretive group of has been actors (oscar nominating people) overlook "Walk The Line"? There is no way "Bareback Mt" comes close this movie yet everyone says the gay flick will win.

I would clap and cheer if Hollywood and its citizens burnt to the ground. That being said, I guess Hollywood is run by Jews for gays.

#214707 - 31/01/06 12:04 PM Re: If You Care...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
That being said, I guess Hollywood is run by Jews for gays.
[Huh?] eek [Huh?]

Racist, much?

#214708 - 31/01/06 12:09 PM Re: If You Care...
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Gay isn't a race. laugh

Hollywood, the zip code, is largely made up of middle and lower middle class people, probably 40% Hispanic and 25+% black the rest white and Asian who primarily use public transportation and could largely care less who wins an Oscar and likely won't be seeing Brokeback Mountain. Why do you wish them to die?

And didn't we pretty much cover this the last time? Nothing's changed other than the fact that more people are probably going to see it and it's going to get even more publicity. I hardly think there's a "gay agenda" though.

#214709 - 31/01/06 12:27 PM Re: If You Care...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Why it is fixed from the start...How can this secretive group of has been actors (oscar nominating people) overlook "Walk The Line"? There is no way "Bareback Mt" comes close this movie yet everyone says the gay flick will win.
Brokeback Mountain, not bareback mountain. Watch it before you judge it - don't just take Pat's word for it.

Personally I haven't seen either movie yet, but both are saved in my Netflix queue and I'll watch them as soon as they come out on DVD. They both look to be very good movies.

As for the Oscars, I really don't care much. My only interest in it is seeing Paul Giamatti win one in light of the his snub for best actor last year (Sideways). Normally I wouldn't really care, but Sideways was a great movie and he did a great job in it. I look at it like a make-up call by the officials in sports.

#214710 - 31/01/06 12:28 PM Re: If You Care...
off2cjb Offline

Figure of speech. No, I really don't want to see them burn, just having fun with the liberals, huh Wilmac? You know, the ones who take everything everyone says seriously. Until, themselves say something then it doesn't matter cause it didn't mean anything.

I dislike Hollywood and all that it stands for. I dislike celebrities and the celebration of them. I dislike their agenda. Yes, it is a purposeful driven agenda backed by the gay money that paid for the film. Do you really think John Wayne and Clint Eastwood would ever find themselves humping each other in the woods looking so clean?

#214711 - 31/01/06 12:32 PM Re: If You Care...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Do you really think John Wayne and Clint Eastwood would ever find themselves humping each other in the woods looking so clean?
[LOL] Think of the tagline possibilities!

John Wayne: Giddyup, Pilgrim!

Clint Eastwood: Go ahead, make me scream.

#214712 - 31/01/06 12:34 PM Re: If You Care...
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Quote:
[b]Why it is fixed from the start...How can this secretive group of has been actors (oscar nominating people) overlook "Walk The Line"? There is no way "Bareback Mt" comes close this movie yet everyone says the gay flick will win.
Brokeback Mountain, not bareback mountain. Watch it before you judge it - don't just take Pat's word for it.

Personally I haven't seen either movie yet, but both are saved in my Netflix queue and I'll watch them as soon as they come out on DVD. They both look to be very good movies.

As for the Oscars, I really don't care much. My only interest in it is seeing Paul Giamatti win one in light of the his snub for best actor last year (Sideways). Normally I wouldn't really care, but Sideways was a great movie and he did a great job in it. I look at it like a make-up call by the officials in sports.[/b]
I will take Pat's word as gospel before I shell out money to support the gay agenda I don't believe in. Why would I purposefully throw my hard earned money towards something like Bareback Mountain? You support the gay agenda, and I'll support the Christian one. We will see who wins in the end.

#214713 - 31/01/06 12:35 PM Re: If You Care...
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Quote:
[b] Do you really think John Wayne and Clint Eastwood would ever find themselves humping each other in the woods looking so clean?
[LOL] Think of the tagline possibilities!

John Wayne: Giddyup, Pilgrim!

Clint Eastwood: Go ahead, make me scream.[/b]
smile smile smile

#214714 - 31/01/06 12:37 PM Re: If You Care...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
Gay isn't a race. laugh
No, but Jew is.

#214715 - 31/01/06 12:38 PM Re: If You Care...
GrayHam Offline

Golden Globes 2006

Best Motion Picture - Drama
--"Brokeback Mountain"

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
--Philip Seymour Hoffman, "Capote" (who beat Heath Ledger, "Brokeback Mountain")

Best Motion Picture - Musical Or Comedy
--"Walk the Line"

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
--Reese Witherspoon, "Walk the Line"

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical Or Comedy
--Joaquin Phoenix, "Walk the Line"

Best Performance by an Actress In A Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
--Rachel Weisz, "The Constant Gardener" (over Michelle Williams, "Brokeback Mountain")

Best Director - Motion Picture
--Ang Lee, "Brokeback Mountain"

Best Screenplay - Motion Picture
--"Brokeback Mountain"

Best Original Score - Motion Picture
--"Memoirs of a Geisha" (over "Brokeback Mountain")

SAG Awards 2006

Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
--"Crash" (over "Brokeback Mountain")

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role
--Philip Seymour Hoffman (over Heath Ledger, "Brokeback Mountain")

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role
--Reese Witherspoon, "Walk the Line"

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role
--Paul Giammatti, "Cinderella Man" (over Jake Gyllenhall, "Brokeback Mountain")

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role
--Rachel Weisz, "The Constant Gardener" (over Michelle Williams, "Brokeback Mountain")

---------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------

Looks like Brokeback Mountain lost as much as it won at the Golden Globes, and it got the shit kicked out of it at the SAG awards.

Oh, yeah. Hollywood will do anything to make "Brokeback Mountain" a winner.

Except vote for it.

#214716 - 31/01/06 12:46 PM Re: If You Care...
socalpunx Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Why it is fixed from the start...How can this secretive group of has been actors (oscar nominating people) overlook "Walk The Line"? There is no way "Bareback Mt" comes close this movie yet everyone says the gay flick will win.

As for the Oscars, I really don't care much. My only interest in it is seeing Paul Giamatti win one in light of the his snub for best actor last year (Sideways). Normally I wouldn't really care, but Sideways was a great movie and he did a great job in it. I look at it like a make-up call by the officials in sports.[/b]
I will take Pat's word as gospel before I shell out money to support the gay agenda I don't believe in. Why would I purposefully throw my hard earned money towards something like Bareback Mountain? You support the gay agenda, and I'll support the Christian one. We will see who wins in the end.[/b]
WAIT WAIT WAIT.

Pat? You mean me Pat or someone else Pat? Don't put this on me man. I didn't advise anyone about anything. Although I do believe I coined "Bareback Mountain." laugh

#214717 - 31/01/06 12:51 PM Re: If You Care...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I will take Pat's word as gospel before I shell out money to support the gay agenda I don't believe in. Why would I purposefully throw my hard earned money towards something like Bareback Mountain? You support the gay agenda, and I'll support the Christian one. We will see who wins in the end.
I'm not supporting any agenda - it looks like a good movie, so I'll see it. That's the same reason I saw The Chronicles of Narnia (overrated, btw).

Am I supporting opposing agendas? Maybe I'm just watching movies... :rolleyes:

#214718 - 31/01/06 12:53 PM Re: If You Care...
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Quote:
I saw Brokeback mountain. It was actually very good, I enjoyed it alot, though it was amazingly sad.

Now, you know the only reason you hate it is because you hate gays. And you know the only reason you hate gays it because your bible tells you to.

You're one of the most close minded people I have ever read (I never met you), and quite honestly, you "liberal" "gay" media conspiracy theories are tiring.

Also, who gives a damn about awards shows? Obviously you do, to a creepy extent.

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#214719 - 31/01/06 12:55 PM Re: If You Care...
Smith Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Who, besides Off2cjb, could post this stuff over and over again and still get the same people all huffy and offended?

#214720 - 31/01/06 12:55 PM Re: If You Care...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, you really have a hard-on for the gays, don't ya, boy-o? Put the bullhorn down, dude. We get it--you won't go see this movie. You won't be titillated by this movie. You won't give in to that evil siren man meat, no matter how much it calls out to you. You will not see this filthy, titillating, tempting evilness, because you are a Christian, a family man, and a Promise Keeper. We get it, dude.

We get it.

No really, we fucking get it.

:rolleyes:

#214721 - 31/01/06 12:57 PM Re: If You Care...
Claus Offline

Funny, everytime I see a thread startet by Off2blowchunks I tell myself "don't even bother clicking, you know it is his usual shit,he types without thinking, then when feeling the heat over what he posted he retracts and throws in the "why so hostile" comment.

So the latest garbage from our amateur preacher is that Hollywood is run by Gays and Jews...my take is that he just read the "Turner Diaries" and now is running around his living room with a Boner yelling "I belong!!!"

#214722 - 31/01/06 01:00 PM Re: If You Care...
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:

I will take Pat's word as gospel before I shell out money to support the gay agenda I don't believe in. Why would I purposefully throw my hard earned money towards something like Bareback Mountain? You support the gay agenda, and I'll support the Christian one. We will see who wins in the end.[/b]
WAIT WAIT WAIT.

Pat? You mean me Pat or someone else Pat? Don't put this on me man. I didn't advise anyone about anything. Although I do believe I coined "Bareback Mountain." laugh

I thought he was talking Pat Robertson. I didn't know your name is Pat.

#214723 - 31/01/06 01:02 PM Re: If You Care...
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:

So you haven't seen Brokeback Mountain? Then how can you POSSIBLY say it shouldn't win over Walk the Line?

I've not seen either. I may eventually...I may not. But I won't sit there and judge a movie when I haven't seen it.

(Well...unless it's a snuff film like Passion of the Christ) (JOKE!)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#214724 - 31/01/06 01:06 PM Re: If You Care...
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Quote:
[b]That being said, I guess Hollywood is run by Jews for gays.
[Huh?] eek [Huh?]

Racist, much?[/b]
Certainly not any more than you are and perhaps less so...(given that you are a supporter of affirmative action...)

#214725 - 31/01/06 01:08 PM Re: If You Care...
socalpunx Offline

Well I actually go by Patrick. My mom calls me Pat though. So does Nigel here in the office but I let it slide because he's English. I never really liked Pat though, too unisex.

I feel better now. Where was I?

Oh yeah.

I was joking. Damn.

You know sometimes things just don't work over the net.

#214726 - 31/01/06 01:09 PM Re: If You Care...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
My mom calls me Pat though.
Just to be safe?

#214727 - 31/01/06 01:17 PM Re: If You Care...
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Quote:
Quote:
[b]My mom calls me Pat though.
Just to be safe?

[/b]
My god...I had forgotten that they had even made a movie about that...Now imagine how upset Off2cjb would be if THAT movie got nominated for an award...

#214728 - 31/01/06 01:38 PM Re: If You Care...
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
I'd be upset if that movie got nominated because it sucked ass.

#214729 - 31/01/06 01:49 PM Re: If You Care...
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
I will have to Agree with George W Bush on this issue...

"umm... I haven't seen it"

#214730 - 31/01/06 01:52 PM Re: If You Care...
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
I'd be upset if that movie got nominated because it sucked ass.
smile Literally

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal