2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#215232 - 27/01/05 01:15 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
babyX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:
[b]I love it when men debate abortion. smile
Why? You don't think we have any right to talk about a decision our SO makes involving our offspring?[/b]
Yes, you have every right to discuss it and to have a say in the decision, but when it comes right down to it, you can watch a woman go through that experience, but you will never experience it yourself.

You're effectively debating something that you will never, ever go through. It's interesting, that's all, to hear your viewpoints, considering you will never be pregnant. smile

#215233 - 27/01/05 01:19 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Like I said I am not anti-abortion. I just think it should not be used as widely as it is now. I think more about the children than the woman's point of view to be honest.

#215234 - 27/01/05 01:20 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
BoneCrusher Offline

Loc: In a Bar near YOU!
I absolutely love how this thread has gone through the gambit of emotions

from protesting GW's innaugeration to abortion

This is such a warm and fuzzy feeling

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

99% of democrats give the rest a bad name

Liberals are constantly Inflaming the culture war. They seem to forget which side has all the guns.

#215235 - 27/01/05 01:22 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
electrobuzz Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Yesshir. Warm and fuzzy, just like Chimpy himself.

Just a hunch... if men got pregnant, abortion rights would be defined in the Constitution.

#215236 - 27/01/05 01:22 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
2001frontier Offline

Isn't it? I think Moby did it on purpose. All you got to do is say the A word for a nice debate to break out.

#215237 - 27/01/05 01:24 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
babyX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by electrobuzz:
Just a hunch... if men got pregnant, abortion rights would be defined in the Constitution.
Exactly!!

#215238 - 27/01/05 01:24 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
jerseydevi1 Offline

Loc: Yorktown, VA USA
Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]I love it when men debate abortion. smile
Why? You don't think we have any right to talk about a decision our SO makes involving our offspring?[/b]
Yes, you have every right to discuss it and to have a say in the decision, but when it comes right down to it, you can watch a woman go through that experience, but you will never experience it yourself.

You're effectively debating something that you will never, ever go through. It's interesting, that's all, to hear your viewpoints, considering you will never be pregnant. smile [/b]
I understand what you are trying to say, babyx, but those statements are ignorant as hell. Have you ever had an abortion? A girlfriend of mine and I had to make that decision once, and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about and regret it. To assume that the male does not go through any emotion during a pregnancy or abortion is just plain rediculous. I thought you were smarter than that.

And before you start in with the "well most males..." argument, I would venture a guess that there are just as many females that feel the same ay about it. As some have said here already, they use it like birth control.

#215239 - 27/01/05 01:43 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Isn't it? I think Moby did it on purpose. All you got to do is say the A word for a nice debate to break out.
I was about to say I didn't start it...but I guess in this one, I did. laugh
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#215240 - 27/01/05 01:47 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
babyX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevi1:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
I love it when men debate abortion. smile

You're effectively debating something that you will never, ever go through. It's interesting, that's all, to hear your viewpoints, considering you will never be pregnant. smile [/b]
I understand what you are trying to say, babyx, but those statements are ignorant as hell. Have you ever had an abortion? A girlfriend of mine and I had to make that decision once, and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about and regret it. To assume that the male does not go through any emotion during a pregnancy or abortion is just plain rediculous. I thought you were smarter than that.

And before you start in with the "well most males..." argument, I would venture a guess that there are just as many females that feel the same ay about it. As some have said here already, they use it like birth control.

*ahem*

I never once said that the male in the situation, the father, if you will, did not experience any type of emotion. If you infer that from what I said, that's your issue, not mine. Don't put those words in my mouth.

However, biology simply dictates that you will never experience what the woman goes through. You just won't. You can experience similar emotions, but you will never see the situation through her eyes.

#215241 - 27/01/05 02:00 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Whistle. (Time out)

Commercial break.

Have at it.

#215242 - 27/01/05 02:06 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
Smith Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
It's the smoker's fault. It's always the smokers.

#215243 - 27/01/05 02:11 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Smith:
It's the smoker's fault. It's always the smokers.
Especially if he's a Christian.

Christian smokers. Assholes.

#215244 - 27/01/05 02:33 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
2001frontier Offline

Christian white smokers specifically.

Sweet, we finally got a thread in the ALR.

#215245 - 27/01/05 02:47 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
MyGoldX Offline

Loc: Santa Rosa, Ca
Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
Question for all the anti-abortion people:

How many kids have you adopted?
How many lists are you on waiting to adopt?

Just curious.
Good question

Hmmm, no "why yes, I have adopted an unwanted child from a poor woman who was raped by her father" answers

I wonder why...all talk as usual from the peanut gallery.

" You must conform or else burn in HELL you baby killers"

Hypocrites

#215246 - 27/01/05 03:27 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco

#215247 - 27/01/05 03:52 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
BoneCrusher Offline

Loc: In a Bar near YOU!
Sorry dude but I dont buy it for a second

Im sorry your wife got punched at a peace protest. But I don't buy that story for a second. a 60 year old rich woman doesnt go around starting fist fights. It just doesnt happen. There is more to the story there has to be. BUT since I know that noone ever gets the full story unless they are there Im gonna let this drop by saying If this fur clad lady ever reads this by some small miracle

Thanks for representing the Republican party you Ass.

Xterrapin

At least your passionate about your cause even though I think your nuts I at least admire your Passion about being nuts.

smile

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

99% of democrats give the rest a bad name

Liberals are constantly Inflaming the culture war. They seem to forget which side has all the guns.

#215248 - 27/01/05 05:19 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:
I am now resolved to that fact that 51% of registered voters are complete morons and I will continue to call them that (amongst other things) to their face. Fuck it, I'm a sore loser.
Your a pathetic excuse of a man, along with a sore loser. But that's ok, I hope you have fun living a pessimistic life riddled with flawed ideologies, and double standards. [ThumbsUp]

#215249 - 27/01/05 06:03 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally posted by BoneCrusher:
Sorry dude but I dont buy it for a second

Im sorry your wife got punched at a peace protest. But I don't buy that story for a second. a 60 year old rich woman doesnt go around starting fist fights. It just doesnt happen. There is more to the story there has to be. BUT since I know that noone ever gets the full story unless they are there Im gonna let this drop by saying If this fur clad lady ever reads this by some small miracle

Thanks for representing the Republican party you Ass.

Xterrapin

At least your passionate about your cause even though I think your nuts I at least admire your Passion about being nuts.

smile
I wouldnt buy it if I didnt see it myself, so I know what ya mean.
Thanks for the kind words nontheless.

#215250 - 27/01/05 06:31 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lincoln:
I am not saying that they shouldn't be allowed to protest, I am just saying that if the media gives huge coverage to this...that it would be detrimental to the safety of our troops.

Vietnam being a prime example.

#215251 - 27/01/05 06:59 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by infinatenexus:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lincoln:
[b]I am not saying that they shouldn't be allowed to protest, I am just saying that if the media gives huge coverage to this...that it would be detrimental to the safety of our troops.

Vietnam being a prime example.[/b]
The protests weren't detrimental to our troops in Vietnam. The Pentagon was. The Pentagon ...coughcoughMcNamaracoughcough... wouldn't let the troops do their job. Micromanaging at it's worst ...coughcoughRumsfeldcoughcough...
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#215252 - 27/01/05 07:22 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
InfX708 Offline

Loc: Ft. Bragg, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:
[Our friend was like "call the cops", but I knew they wouldn't have helped me or punished her. Come on, I know this is the real world and I learned first hand already in my life that justice ain't all it's cracked up to be. Typically, whoever has the most money wins. And people with money don't really get in trouble.
I don't know how the D.C. cops are, but where I come from, the cops love nothing more than taking rich people to jail, especially those with attitudes. In the jail, we love having them even more. Perhaps I'm a sick twisted guy, but I love nothing more than breaking someone's spirit, especially the high and mighty. Ever seen a guy go from wearing a tuxedo to jail scrubs? Even more fun seeing the expression on his face when you toss the tux into a garment bag with his shoes on top of it. This was only really reserved for people that were assholes. You know, the "I pay your salary" types. Women are generally more fun - they don't deal well with the humiliation of being arrested.
Editted to add: I have to agree with Moby on this one. The biggest drain on morale is being reined in under the guise of "not sinking to their level". If you are a grunt, you are already living at there level and want nothing more than to give it back. I'm not so sure Sec Def is the one holding us back though. As far as protestors, we laugh them off. They just bitch and complain and never actually do anything. Totally ineffective.

#215253 - 27/01/05 09:15 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry folks, but having spent 13 months on the ground in Viet Nam, "The protests were detrimental to our troops in Vietnam", it lowered moral and was especially wonderful when you came home and herds of Pot Heads spit on you and called you a "baby killer".

[Finger]

#215254 - 27/01/05 09:19 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom:
Sorry folks, but having spent 13 months on the ground in Viet Nam, "The protests were detrimental to our troops in Vietnam", it lowered moral and was especially wonderful when you came home and herds of Pot Heads spit on you and called you a "baby killer".

[Finger]
That shit pisses me off so much. I definatly equate a lot of these jackass protestors today to the vietnam protestors of yesterday. This is the reason that I have a ridiculous hatred of Bob Dillon.

#215255 - 28/01/05 07:07 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
babyX Offline

Has anyone coming home fresh from Iraq been called a "baby killer"?

Seriously, I'm curious. Aside from those asshats in Dallas who refused to serve a guy at their convenience store, I mean.

#215256 - 28/01/05 08:21 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
The protests weren't detrimental to our troops in Vietnam. The Pentagon was. The Pentagon ...coughcoughMcNamaracoughcough... wouldn't let the troops do their job. Micromanaging at it's worst ...coughcoughRumsfeldcoughcough...
So it was the pentagon calling the troops baby killers? Last time I looked, it was shit bags like John Kerry slandering the troops that gave them a bad name.

BTW: I stopped in a corner store ,owned by Arabs, while in uniform one time and they refused to serve me... gotta love 'em [ThumbsDown]

Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal