2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#215032 - 18/01/05 08:07 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
No one pays attention to these fucking idiots. They base their 'positions' on bullshit mainly. Half of them are completely clueless. The other half spew some crap they heard from the asshat next to them at the last protest. If you try to argue ANY point with them you are labeled a nazi automatically. A prime example of this can be seen on one of the Protest Warriors videos. They spot them, and notice the pro-Conservative signs and immediately start with the fasict and nazi comments. One actually tries to argue with one of the conservatives and it went something like this.

Hippie: We need to spend more money here because so many people are starving to death in our own country. (This has become a very recent argument for liberals. Quite a funny one too since they have long complained about how we should spend more on foreign aid.)
Conservative: Well, how many people actually starved to death here last year?
Hippie: Cracks a smile and admits she has no fucking clue.

They dress up like terrorists, desecrate the flag, and smell bad. If they ever had the revolution they want so dearly, they would be the weakest revolutionary force of all time. They would be decimated within hours. They don't realize that their own anti-gun attitude is exactly what would allow the government to turn totalitarian.

Their actions do bother me since we are at war. Their actions do have consequences. They of course won't think of them at all, or if they do realize their actions give comfort to the enemy would probably be happy about it. They are the zealots of the left. They would run this country into ruin if they had their way just because they have learned to be ashamed of being white people in college.

Their 'causes' are usually asinine. Little or no science or actual logical thought goes into them. Countless eco-nazi projects are prime examples of this. They often do more damage to the environment they love so much, than they help.

#215033 - 18/01/05 08:09 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Weasel:
Ive kept it from being stripped away from fundi's like yourself.

If you really loved the 1st amendment then why are you worried about protestors, they come with territory.

Like I said, every group has weirdos, but singling them out of a larger, more peaceful group,to complain about protesting in general is just stupid.

During the Dr. King marches there were some nation of Islam weirdos who advocated violence and seperation that did march with Dr. King.

But if FOX news had been there they would have focused on those few weidos they would have made the entire movement as "hating America" too.

Just saying that freaks and weirdos are a part of every group, but it really a cheap shot to attack a movement because of it.

I dont make fun of your entire family just because you're functionally retarded.
Nice try. The 'movement' is chock full of the fucking nimrods. I have been to several protests and they are largely made up of the freaks.

#215034 - 18/01/05 08:17 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Coop Offline

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Democrats should be the ones worried... They're just pushing their party closer to the edge. Allowing Ted Kennedy to act as their mouthpeice as of late, and allowing these type of morons who will be protesting to be associated with their party just will further the party's shift into irrelevance.

For some reason they just can't see that they don't line up with what most americans want. You'd think the repeated loss of seats in congress might give them a clue, but apparently not.

The democrats in this country need to take control of their party, because at this rate, it will be gone in 15 years. As a republican, this makes me giggle a bit, but I know it's not what's best for the country. We would benifit from a strong democratic party that could provide positive solutions, instead of the negative disagreement it appears we'll see for the forseable future.

When it comes to the protesters... With freedom comes responsibility. Simply because you have a right to do something, does not mean you should. This is a concept that seems lost on these people. The vast majority of these people have never done anything to make this country better, they've done nothing to protect the rights they so casually abuse. Protesting without having a valid cause or solution is worthless.

#215035 - 18/01/05 08:19 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have to agree with saying the media, whether its CBS or FOX, focuses on the whackos more than the moderates. Nobody wants to hear about (or cover) the middle of the road, its just not good news.

Quote:
Violent protests are planned for the innaguration by the left.
The key word there is violent. What ever happened to civil disobedience, or non-violent protest. I recall reading about how Dr. King cried when one of his marches burst into a riot. If these people are planning violence, they should be jailed.

Though I may think theyre idiots, I got no problem with people protesting in front of military bases. If they want to protest in front of the capitol building, let them. Its when they start throwing rocks when things become a problem.

Just so you know, the 1st ammendment can actually be suspended in times of declared war. You can't openly declare anything that would implicate you in treason. Recall anarchist protestors during WWI and WWII...

edit: oh yea, about these people giving fodder to the terrorists and europeans: Who cares, we can turn their entire countrysides into crazed, unisexual orgies.

#215036 - 18/01/05 08:32 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Weasel Offline

Loc: San Antonio
Soooo fundi's

Any "final solutions" to this problem of the first admendment rights other than calling protestors and the media traitors?

I think all of the 50 million sum Americans who did not vote for Bush gave aid to the enemy as well come to think of it.

Hmmmmm

Hey its a war! You dont love the terrorists do you?

Me: Um, That's Dan Marino...

#215037 - 18/01/05 08:35 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
2001frontier Offline

You seem to be typical of these moron's it seems Weasal. Calling us fundis even though at least two of the people in this thread arguing with you aren't religious in the least. :rolleyes:

#215038 - 18/01/05 08:38 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will be at the inauguration, at the swearing in ceremony, on the lawn of the Capitol. I'll do my best to get pictures of any of the extremist protestors that I see that day.

There is always some type of protest going on in Washington that I have become numb to seeing it.

This past summer, I made the mistake of getting off the subway right in the MIDDLE of the Pro-Choice march/protest. Wow, not a good day to be a male in the middle of millions of women who were ready to tear somebody apart.

#215039 - 18/01/05 08:42 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Digityzed, read a paper, oh wait, the news media will not report this. Bush is NOT going to pursue an ammendment outlawing Gay marriage. Do some research on the subject and see how the liberal media has been misleading you.

Weasel, you keep bringing up the first ammendment for some reason? Where has anyone here said these people dont have a right to say what they are saying? I think you are confusing our right to disagree with what they say with us somehow calling for the jackboots to be knocking in thier doors and hauling them off.

Face it, you only will defend the right to free speech as long as it is your view. When its against your view you complain about the first ammendment. You are probably the type of person who would call a boycott against Fahrenhiet 9/11 or the Dixie Chicks censorship. You people slay me. [Spit]

Quote:
You seem to be typical of these moron's it seems Weasal. Calling us fundis even though at least two of the people in this thread arguing with you aren't religious in the least.
Im an atheist!!!! [Laughing] [Spit]

#215040 - 18/01/05 08:43 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Weasel Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
You seem to be typical of these moron's it seems Weasal. Calling us fundis even though at least two of the people in this thread arguing with you aren't religious in the least. :rolleyes:
Annoying and stupid isn't it?

Kinda like calling anyone who dissents with the government a "traitor and communist"

#215041 - 18/01/05 09:03 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
[b]You seem to be typical of these moron's it seems Weasal. Calling us fundis even though at least two of the people in this thread arguing with you aren't religious in the least. :rolleyes:
Annoying and stupid isn't it?

Kinda like calling anyone who dissents with the government a "traitor and communist"[/b]
You dont understand the difference do you? You feel that these people should be able to say whatever they want regardless of the truth or the effect. You dont see, or more likely dont care, about the effect these words and sometimes lies have on the country and the influence they have on our enemies.

I am sure you believe we are the evil hegemonic imperial empire who sole purpose is to take over the world for their oil and resources. How you can come to that conclusion is still beyond me. But you saying it gives ammunition to these extremists that want to kill us. That your side cant see it leads me to believe that either you are ignorant and easily influenced by propaganda, or that you really want to see us be injured and humiliated on the world stage.

It amazes me that you cannot see the correlation between the two, as if our enemies never watch our news and never use what is said to rally those to fight against us.

We dont want the government to prevent you from saying it, we want you to take responsibilty for what you say. The first ammendment should never enter into it.

I see it like this:

Would you air all your family secrets and problems at the local televised council meeting?

My country is my family and my home. Thats the difference between us. I dont share my families business good or bad with the rest of the nieghborhood. Inside my house I will protest vociferously. As soon as I know the nieghbors are listening I quiet down and whisper.

You dont have to agree with that point of view, but thats how we see it.

#215042 - 18/01/05 09:09 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Weasel Offline

MB
"Where has anyone here said these people dont have a right to say what they are saying?"

Lincoln
"They may not realize it, but they are feeding the enemy and our troops lives are at stake."

Me:

When the extremist right wingers call equivocate protesting one's government and treasonous behavior, it really is the next logical step to outlaw civil disobedience.

If civil disobedience during a war is treason (see above)
And treason is unlawful (obviously)
Then civil disobedience must be unlawful.

This kind of talk really is unhealthy and actually more "communist" than anything ive written here today.

You do understand that the "treason" objection is dangerous right?

#215043 - 18/01/05 09:19 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Coop Offline

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I haven't seen Lincoln saying the government should stop these people.

He's saying that these people should exercise some responsibility, and realize their actions have a consequence.

Big difference.

#215044 - 18/01/05 09:22 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:
Digityzed, read a paper, oh wait, the news media will not report this. Bush is NOT going to pursue an ammendment outlawing Gay marriage. Do some research on the subject and see how the liberal media has been misleading you.
I've done plenty of research, believe me. The reason he's not going to pursue it? Because the election is over. Bush won and pursuing it is a moot point, politically, for him. "Mission accomplished", indeed.

Maybe there needs to be a "no politics discussion" rule on this forum. I'm a member of a couple other forums (mostly music/band related) and they all have a rule like this, for this very reason. Discussions about politics don't really get anywhere on internet forums, because people will always think they're right and the other person is wrong. I suppose that can be applied to any subject, though. :rolleyes:

#215045 - 18/01/05 09:33 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
MB
"Where has anyone here said these people dont have a right to say what they are saying?"

Lincoln
"They may not realize it, but they are feeding the enemy and our troops lives are at stake."

Me:

When the extremist right wingers call equivocate protesting one's government and treasonous behavior, it really is the next logical step to outlaw civil disobedience.

If civil disobedience during a war is treason (see above)
And treason is unlawful (obviously)
Then civil disobedience must be unlawful.

This kind of talk really is unhealthy and actually more "communist" than anything ive written here today.

You do understand that the "treason" objection is dangerous right?
I love how you put words in my mouth. I have never said that the government should stop them or that they are commiting treason.

What is your story Weasel? Why do you hate America? Why don't you come out and say it? People like you will always find something to complain about in regards to the US, and you probably have nothing to compare it to.

#215046 - 18/01/05 09:42 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oy...

Look at it this way: Michael Moore took different videos of Condoleeza Rice and spliced them together to create a speech that never happened. In part of it, her blouse blatantly changes color, but people did not notice. It would be very easy for foreigners to get footage of a violent protest and say "You see, the Americans are dissenting. Soon there will be civil war and we are on the path to victory!" Its not that protestors are aiding terrorists, its the violence that aids propagandists.

All it takes is an idea; remember the hubub that came up when someone (Charles Rangel, NY-D) proposed a draft bill? Despite Bush (and many other prominent republicans like McCain) saying "there is no need for a draft, the all volunteer army works" people kept on believing it. Even just a few weeks ago I heard some woman on NPR talking about how she forced her kids to file for Canadian citizenship.

Its not the facts, its how people choose to view the facts. In this case, people who hate our country (not referring to protestors) want to use these facts (I mean video footage) against us. They easily can.

Side note: I've been to church once in my life. It was for my great uncle's 88th birthday/family reunion which I drove 6 hours to see. If that makes me a fundimentalist, then whoopty, break out the bread and wine.

#215047 - 18/01/05 09:43 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Weasel Offline

Hey Lincoln those are your quotes

If you have such a problem with America then go back to Cuba.

They dont really have to worry about problems of dissent.

#215048 - 18/01/05 09:44 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
jerseydevi1 Offline

Loc: Yorktown, VA USA
Real quick point. Should I be upset that my first amendment right to say what I want is infringed upon when I get arrested for yelling "Fire" in a crowded theater when there is, in fact, no fire?

The logic here is that you have now crossed into what is more detrimental to the public safety, which is all anyone here has said.

Nobody wants 1st amendment rights infringed on, but as people who have these rights, aren't we to be held to a higher plane of responsibility?

Just because we CAN protest the war on an inauguration day in front of the whole world, doesn't necessarily mean we SHOULD.

#215049 - 18/01/05 09:45 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
jerseydevi1 Offline

Quote:
Hey man those are your quotes
strong argument, weasel.

#215050 - 18/01/05 09:46 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Digityzed:
because people will always think they're right and the other person is wrong. I suppose that can be applied to any subject, though. :rolleyes: [/QB]
They do end, you're wrong. HA laugh

#215051 - 18/01/05 09:47 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Lincoln Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevi1:
Real quick point. Should I be upset that my first amendment right to say what I want is infringed upon when I get arrested for yelling "Fire" in a crowded theater when there is, in fact, no fire?

The logic here is that you have now crossed into what is more detrimental to the public safety, which is all anyone here has said.

Nobody wants 1st amendment rights infringed on, but as people who have these rights, aren't we to be held to a higher plane of responsibility?

Just because we CAN protest the war on an inauguration day in front of the whole world, doesn't necessarily mean we SHOULD.
Very good point. Should people be able to use their first ammendment right to tell people on an airplane that they are going to blow up a bomb?

#215052 - 18/01/05 09:47 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Weasel Offline

so protesting is now the equivilant yelling "fire" in a theatre?

How can you say they are the same??

OMG now you've lost it.

Just say it, lets suspend the 1st amendment until the war is over.

Quit being a pussy and say it

#215053 - 18/01/05 09:50 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Lincoln Offline

- Yelling fire in a theatre

- Calling Bush Hitler

- Saying that it is a war for oil

- Saying that Sadam needs to be released

- Saying that if a dictator provides food for his people, then they like that dictator

- Saying that it is Bush's fault that Iraq is a terrorist breeding ground

- Burning the flag and stomping on it

Actually, I would say that most of those things are worse than yelling "fire" in a theatre.

#215054 - 18/01/05 09:52 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Lincoln Offline

Quote:

OMG now you've lost it.

While you are talking about the first ammendment, lets talk about the right to bear arms.

I see that you are a hunter, how do you support a party that wants to take away guns from the citizens of the US?

Have you ever spent any time in a country outside the US Weasel?

#215055 - 18/01/05 09:53 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Weasel Offline

Your right those are all the same
:rolleyes:

Look man

It's not about Bush, its about democracy and the ability to yell at your government.

Why dont you understand that these are your rights too?!?

Why are you quick to surrender what so many have died defending?

#215056 - 18/01/05 09:53 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
jerseydevi1 Offline

Quote:

OMG now you've lost it.

Not for anything, but why the name calling? I was trying to illustrate a point that we need to be responsible with our right to free speech. No different than the responsibility we must show with our right to bear arms or vote.

Weasel, with every post you write, you reinforce what these people are saying about you.

I put up a post that was not inflammatory or attacking, yet you chose to call names. I talk about responsibility with our rights, and you go off about suspending them.

What happened to make you so angry? Did someone do you some great wrong that you are still fighting?

Your opinion is welcome, but there is no need to attack and flame someone that carries a different one.
(unless their name is WilMac laugh j/k)

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal