2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 14 of 17 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#215332 - 09/03/05 09:28 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
InfX708 Offline

Loc: Ft. Bragg, NC
I'm a public employee and I still pay social security. Like anyone in the government is gonna let the military get out of paying. They already want to take away our yearly pay raise.

#215333 - 10/03/05 05:27 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am a public employee and there is a public employees retirement fund (pension) and I don't pay SS taxes, but the amount I would have paid to SS goes to the pension fund.

#215334 - 10/03/05 05:44 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

every so often, the US Gov't will make it possible for certain groups to opt out of SS. Not sure when the last one was, but back in the 70s, my Dad got to opt out. He was/is a preacher, and they gave that option to all clergy (of any religion). He (obviously) jumped at that chance!

So he does not have to pay Social Security for any preaching-related work. He's also a college professor, so he does have to pay SS on that pay check. Every couple years, he gets a letter from the US Gov't. asking him if he wants back in to SS... Yeah, right... Obviously, he hasn't taken them up on their "offer"...

But as a response to the previous whiner, who thinks 20 and 30 yr. olds would be the ones who get screwed w/ a privatization account, I ask you to please wake up. This is the age demographic that stands to make the absolute most out of it. Look up some comparisons, man. Social Security earns a paltry 1% interest rate, tied to Treasury Bills. Heck, my paypal account earns a higher interest rate than that... In the absolute, worst case, long term scenario, the stock market would "only" increase by around 2% annually. Can you do math? That's double the rate of return.

And the best part is, if you feel the private accounts are too risky for you, YOU WON'T HAVE TO OPEN ONE!!! That's right. You'll have the luxery to just leave your Social Security funds sitting at a 1% interest rate, for the rest of your broke-ass life.

Personal accounts are only going to benefit those that use them. For those that don't, they can have the same shitty Social Security checks that we've all grown to love... Either way, if you're counting on this to fund your retirement, good luck to 'ya... That's not what SS was made for, and that's definately not what it is/can do.

#215335 - 10/03/05 06:45 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
off2cjb Offline

STOP THE INSANITY

#215336 - 10/03/05 12:04 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would rather be safe than sorry. Social security is like insurance. Obviously you're going to need a 401k as well as other investments, i'm not arguing that social security interest bites.

My idea of retirement is not waiting till i'm 70 to retire because of market fluctuations. After 9/11 my friend's dad had to wait 3 years to retire.

#215337 - 11/03/05 07:40 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by gorge camper:
I would rather be safe than sorry. Social security is like insurance. Obviously you're going to need a 401k as well as other investments, i'm not arguing that social security interest bites.

My idea of retirement is not waiting till i'm 70 to retire because of market fluctuations. After 9/11 my friend's dad had to wait 3 years to retire.
And you would have that ability, w/ the new system. The personal accounts are optional. If you feel it's too much of arisk, then you have the option to just leave your 12% social security tax alone. You don't have to divert 4% of that into an investment account if you don't want to.

#215338 - 16/03/05 12:45 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

anybody listen to GW this morning? what an idiot. he basically said that he doesnt really have a SS plan and that he plans on letting congress come up w/ plans because he wants it to be bi-partisan. what this basically means is that we wont have a plan - EVER.

#215339 - 16/03/05 01:20 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Unda_Kuva:
anybody listen to GW this morning? what an idiot. he basically said that he doesnt really have a SS plan and that he plans on letting congress come up w/ plans because he wants it to be bi-partisan. what this basically means is that we wont have a plan - EVER.
Are you retarded?

GW has said he has a plan, but he wants congress' input/opinions, to make sure it's a bi-partisan effort. About the only thing that GW wants to be sure of, is that some form of personal accounts are in the final plan. Other than that, he's flexible.

If he came into it bull-headed, and said it's my way or the highway, then you'd be posting some dribble about how he doesn't want to cooperate w/ anyone, etc. You can't have it both ways. Make up your mind as to what you actually want in a President, then stick with it...

F*ing flip-floppers piss me off... Never come up with anything constructive; all you do is whine about what somebody else is doing. Guess what? At least that other person is doing something. What the hell are you doing?

#215340 - 16/03/05 04:55 PM Re: inaguaration protestors
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
:rolleyes:

The President does have a plan, the left has no plan whatsoever! The President is inviting the looney left to get involved so we can fix this thing.

All the left does is complain about how things suck, but they never come up with a plan to make things better.

Bill Clinton wanted to introduce privatization into Social Security. The only reason the left is against this is because it is the Presidents plan.

#215341 - 17/03/05 07:56 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lincoln:
:rolleyes: .

Bill Clinton wanted to introduce privatization into Social Security. The only reason the left is against this is because it is the Presidents plan.
Exactly, but the difference is that most people are starting to realize this and seeing the left for what they really are.

#215342 - 18/03/05 07:59 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey rednecks go watch some fucking Nascar you GW loving queers.

#215343 - 18/03/05 08:04 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
That was a well thought out argument.

#215344 - 18/03/05 08:34 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
Your a fucking idiot. I hate Nascar jackass.

#215345 - 18/03/05 08:35 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you conservatives (bible toting, self righteous, big business, redneck) ever watch the news? How about the whole Tom Delay scandal? Oh, let me rephrase the TRMPAC scandal. Not the FAA one where he had the FAA track down democrats in their planes which is ILLEGAL.

TRMPAC, was Delay's fundraising scheme where big business was able to donate directly into republican campaign contributions. (which is ILLEGAL). The money was then funneled into the republican headquarters in Washington and then dispersed to individuals in local elections. Thus resulting in an overwhelming amount of newly gained republican seats.
"By investing as much as $2.5 million in corporate money in the 2002 election, TRMPAC and another group, the Texas Association of Business, were able to help elect 26 new Republican candidates to the Texas House. The new Republican majority then redrew the congressional district boundaries and, as a result, five Democrats are likely to lose in the Nov. 2 election, according to political experts."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A43219-2004Jul11?language=printer

"Bush then said that he would use his traditional Thanksgiving pardon to free DeLay should he be indicted for political corruption charges in Texas, and then paraded the Texas congressman across the lawn to complete the festive holiday ceremony."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6567178/site/newsweek/

#215346 - 18/03/05 08:38 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lincoln:
Quote:
[b]Hey rednecks go watch some fucking Nascar you GW loving queers.
Your a fucking idiot. I hate Nascar jackass.[/b]
I believe you are referring to You're as in you are, not your as in possessive like i own something. JACKASS

#215347 - 18/03/05 08:40 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
blah blah blah...
Yeah. And Slick Willy and Al Bore were financed illegally by the chinese. What's your fucking point? All politicians are crooked when it comes to money. Don't point a finger 'til your own party is freaking spotless. It's not. It's nowhere close.

Go watch your Michael Moore film and shut the hell up... You lost. Get over it.

#215348 - 18/03/05 08:50 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Porschefag992, why don't you take the cinder blocks from underneath the trailer and get a good spot at the Kentucky Speedway near LOUISVILLE. Make sure you get a good spot you wouldn't want to miss one of those lefthanded turns.

#215349 - 18/03/05 09:10 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
jerseydevi1 Offline

Loc: Yorktown, VA USA
Quote:
Hey Porschefag992, why don't you take the cinder blocks from underneath the trailer and get a good spot at the Kentucky Speedway near LOUISVILLE. Make sure you get a good spot you wouldn't want to miss one of those lefthanded turns.
This coming from a "liberal" mind. Aren't you supposed to be for equality for all? Or is your own bigot streak starting to show?

Be careful what you start, gorge, it WILL come back to you.

p.s. what does NASCAR have to do with anything? I was born in NYC and raised in northern NJ, where there is hardly any NASCAR, and I love it. What sport do you watch? The wanna be tough guys in the NBA who are too dumb to realize how ignorant they really are?

#215350 - 18/03/05 09:18 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevi1:
p.s. what does NASCAR have to do with anything? I was born in NYC and raised in northern NJ, where there is hardly any NASCAR, and I love it. What sport do you watch? The wanna be tough guys in the NBA who are too dumb to realize how ignorant they really are?
You just did the exact same thing he did with a different sport.

I'm just sayin'...

#215351 - 18/03/05 09:21 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
jerseydevi1 Offline

Loc: Yorktown, VA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Quote:
[b]p.s. what does NASCAR have to do with anything? I was born in NYC and raised in northern NJ, where there is hardly any NASCAR, and I love it. What sport do you watch? The wanna be tough guys in the NBA who are too dumb to realize how ignorant they really are?
You just did the exact same thing he did with a different sport.

I'm just sayin'...[/b]
I know it, I was trying to prove a point, and rather than attack him at this point, I figured I'd let him off easy with a little NBA bashing
laugh

#215352 - 18/03/05 09:23 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Do you conservatives (bible toting, self righteous, big business, redneck) ever watch the news?

Just stirring the pot, my friends... laugh

#215353 - 18/03/05 09:23 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Hey Porschefag992, why don't you take the cinder blocks from underneath the trailer and get a good spot at the Kentucky Speedway near LOUISVILLE. Make sure you get a good spot you wouldn't want to miss one of those lefthanded turns.
This coming from a "liberal" mind. Aren't you supposed to be for equality for all? Or is your own bigot streak starting to show?

p.s. what does NASCAR have to do with anything? I was born in NYC and raised in northern NJ, where there is hardly any NASCAR, and I love it. What sport do you watch? The wanna be tough guys in the NBA who are too dumb to realize how ignorant they really are?[/b]
What the hell are you talking about? Are you going through hockey withdrawl? Go watch some figure skating.

#215354 - 18/03/05 09:30 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Hey Porschefag992, why don't you take the cinder blocks from underneath the trailer and get a good spot at the Kentucky Speedway near LOUISVILLE. Make sure you get a good spot you wouldn't want to miss one of those lefthanded turns.

p.s. what does NASCAR have to do with anything? I was born in NYC and raised in northern NJ, where there is hardly any NASCAR, and I love it. What sport do you watch? The wanna be tough guys in the NBA who are too dumb to realize how ignorant they really are?[/b]
What the hell are you talking about? Are you going through hockey withdrawl? Go watch some figure skating.[/b]
Wow. You're like a broken record... SSDD... Same Shit, Different Day.

Tell you what. You seem to hate Louisville, and you seem to hate Kentucky. So next time you're at the Gorge (in Kentucky, dumbass), you go right ahead and start spouting your mouth. You're going to wish you heard was the theme track of deliverance. They won't fuck you, there. They'll just shoot you. Good luck with that.

#215355 - 18/03/05 09:40 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah good one Porschefag992. Excellent comeback.
Way to dodge the Tom Delay and anything Bush related with, Bill Clinton this and Bill Clinton that, and every politician does it. Why do you think i give you guys shit? If you will never admit mistakes and scandal in the republican party and deflect to, liberal this and liberal that, who sounds like the broken record biatch?

Brush it under the rug is the republican way, right Porschefag Limbaugh?

#215356 - 18/03/05 09:45 AM Re: inaguaration protestors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Porschefag992
Hey gorge:

1 - that's not funny in the least

2 - it's 996, not 992

3 - it's derrogatory to homosexuals (which means you're either ignorant, a bigot, or some combination of the previous two).

Page 14 of 17 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal