shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#215472 - 14/07/03 08:35 PM Don't expect rebate from Buslink burners
seamonkey Offline

Loc: Boerne, TX
They dont pay up. I bought a CD-RW with a $30+$20 rebate in Feb '03. Best Buy had their portion to me within a month. When you call Buslink you get an answering machine saying leave a message and they'll call you back. They dont. When you email them you get an automated response only.

BBB gives them a suckey rating. I also found several message boards saying they never pay.

I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission but they dont really have much authority to do anything.

Just FYI for anyone thinking of buying their products, full price is what you end up paying.

Offroad Pics

#215473 - 14/07/03 08:44 PM Re: Don't expect rebate from Buslink burners
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Sucks, but that's the chance you take sometimes. If you can't afford it without the rebate, don't buy it.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#215474 - 14/07/03 08:56 PM Re: Don't expect rebate from Buslink burners
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by seamonkey:
I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission but they dont really have much authority to do anything.
I would think the FTC would have a load of power. If they aren't paying, I would say they are engaging in fraud.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#215475 - 15/07/03 07:51 AM Re: Don't expect rebate from Buslink burners
ashleynatlanta Offline

Loc: Birmingham, AL
If they aren't paying, being sued for fraud is probably going to net zero. Waste of time for the FTC, who is already busy doing nothing.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal