shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#215487 - 17/07/03 05:55 PM Religion Related Story -- My Apologies In Advace
number41 Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/6156959.htm

A woman given a ticket for breast-feeding her daughter while driving on the Ohio Turnpike last month could have gone on her merry way with a slap on the wrist and a $100 fine.

At least that was the offer from the Portage County Prosecutor's Office on May 9, the day after a trucker called 911 to report that he had seen the woman driving her car with a baby in her lap.

The woman's husband, however, is trying to make a federal case out of it -- literally -- by claiming she is not the real defendant.

He said he is.

He made that claim, citing Mosaic law from the Old Testament and writings from the days of the Founding Fathers because of the couple's ``deeply held spiritual beliefs'' that the husband is ``the sole head of the family'' and the only one who can punish the wife for a public act.

-------

Welcome to the 21st century Mr. Donkers (yes, thats his name.)

This one has it all, Religion, separation of Church and State, blatant utter stupidity, child endangerment, US Government, privacy, The Constitution, etc...

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Small hands in third world countries make quality products.

#215488 - 17/07/03 06:24 PM Re: Religion Related Story -- My Apologies In Advace
Ruger1022 Offline

Loc: Visalia, CA
First instance I've heard of where a trucker was concerned that a woman had her breast out while driving...
MV

#215489 - 17/07/03 06:54 PM Re: Religion Related Story -- My Apologies In Advace
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
That's pretty damn funny. I'd love to be in the courtroom for it.

Too bad he's gonna "fight to the supreme court" only to find himself stopped before even trying to get to the Circuit Court.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#215490 - 18/07/03 05:59 AM Re: Religion Related Story -- My Apologies In Advace
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Just another couple of idiots. She went three miles with the cop behind her before she pulled over. The laws on breast feeding never meant to mean 'while driving'. She said the child was never in danger. LOL! Idiots

#215491 - 18/07/03 07:09 AM Re: Religion Related Story -- My Apologies In Advace
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruger1022:
First instance I've heard of where a trucker was concerned that a woman had her breast out while driving...
MV
I don't think he cared.

The driver called to report a baby, unrestrained, in the lap of a driver.

Good for him. Babies have a nasty way of exploding against windshields in collisions . . . baby seats were developed for a reason . . .

#215492 - 18/07/03 07:31 AM Re: Religion Related Story -- My Apologies In Advace
Xterrian Offline

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
It's called evolution folks; the dumb people's kids die so they don't pass on dumb genes. That's why there are so many dumb people out there; we keep protecting them from evolution. Then they become so prolific that they end up killing us. This is what is the limiting factor on human intelligence. We get smart enough to protect those that aren't smart enough to protect themselves and then they limit our population with their stupidity. Stop helping them so I can get my damned flying car and teleporter.

#215493 - 18/07/03 07:56 AM Re: Religion Related Story -- My Apologies In Advace
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
That's the spirit! Darwin Award by proxy averted, darn!

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#215494 - 18/07/03 08:36 AM Re: Religion Related Story -- My Apologies In Advace
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
I'd support giving the husband the death penalty... based solely on his stupidity. What an idiot. (I wonder if there's any Mosaic law that condones killing stupid people?)

I've always said that I can't stand the religious nutjobs, and he qualifies as one.

#215495 - 18/07/03 10:13 AM Re: Religion Related Story -- My Apologies In Advace
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruger1022:
MV
HA! [Laughing]

#215496 - 18/07/03 11:07 AM Re: Religion Related Story -- My Apologies In Advace
Peanut Butter Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Yes sir as I like to say it's to dam easy for stupid people to live.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal