2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#21589 - 21/09/07 01:21 PM How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks

#21590 - 21/09/07 01:30 PM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

For a truck I'll take wheelin' I prefer an auto tranny.

For a sports/race/weekend fun/commuter car only manual.

That's how I like 'em.

#21591 - 21/09/07 02:00 PM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
I've had 2 Xterras, 1 auto and 1 manual. 98% of the time I like the 5-speed. That other 2%, when I'm in traffic, the stick really blows.

#21592 - 21/09/07 02:10 PM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

For wheeling, a stick with crawler gears rules.

I hate the auto in my Xterra. If it wasn't my wife's to wheel, I'd sell it. Honestly.

#21593 - 21/09/07 02:15 PM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

OH man.... this could get U-G-L-Y.... where is my lighter fluid and C4?

#21594 - 21/09/07 02:48 PM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AHTOXA:

That's how I like 'em.
ditto on that one [ThumbsUp]

#21595 - 21/09/07 03:44 PM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

That's how I like 'em.
i concur [ThumbsUp]

#21596 - 21/09/07 04:09 PM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I absolutely detest autos. Even in heavy traffic. I've always had stick, learned to wheel with a stick, and I feel I have more control of the vehicle that way. Thats just me, one of my friends swears by auto for wheeling.

#21597 - 21/09/07 04:10 PM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stick shift all the way. I HATE automatics.

My Nissan is an auto, unfortunately; they didn't make a stick shift for that model/year ('02 Frontier long bed). So I had no choice.

My car is a 6 speed & rear wheel drive. Wouldn't have a car any other way. Ever. Until the day I day, or the day nobody makes one anymore... And even then, I'd probably hack off the auto & put one in.

#21598 - 21/09/07 04:28 PM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Automatics are good for women and being in traffic. If you aren't driving in traffic, you better be sitting down to pee. [LOL]
All told, I do like a stick shift better, more fun to drive as well as the control factor.

#21599 - 21/09/07 07:12 PM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:

That's how I like 'em.
dot

#21600 - 21/09/07 09:21 PM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I prefer auto trannies because, lets face it, when you're trying to talk on the cell phone, eat a big mac, give the finger to the guy in the other lane, smoke a but, and shift, all at the same time, somethin's gotta give, and there's no way I'm puttin' down that big mac. laugh wink

#21601 - 21/09/07 10:20 PM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
I've yet to own a vehicle with an automatic.

Don't know when I will be ready to own a vehicle with an automatic.

All I know is a supercharged Xterra with a 5 speed is sure fun to drive! [Smoking]

#21602 - 22/09/07 04:32 AM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am a woman and in my opinion real chicks drive sticks!

#21603 - 22/09/07 05:45 AM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

#21604 - 22/09/07 06:41 AM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I love my stick shift!! Wouldn't have it any other way. The only down side is clutching in traffic. Oh well, nature of the beast I guess!!

#21605 - 22/09/07 07:41 AM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
My First X was a Stick...it was nice, but was hell in City Driving...Let's face it...90% of a person's time is City Driving...My current X is Auto, which I kinda like, not bad during Offroading also....

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#21606 - 22/09/07 10:07 AM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i would have bought a 6 speed, but my wife was spending her inheritance on the truck so her vote ruled and she wanted an auto. Can't complain to much since I didn't have to pay for it, but I will always choose a stick if I have a choice.

#21607 - 22/09/07 10:59 AM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
All depends on what you're driving.

Assuming you're talking about the X; 2nd Gen Auto is a trick setup with the Hill brake Lock feature (Manual version has to use the Clutch Interlock Byapass switch) not to mention the Hill Decent control. Gearing is adequate and with the 50% Throttle Map Reduction, going slow over the rough is a breeze.

1st Gen I had was just an '03 SE/SC Auto (Manual wasn't an option). It let me drive a little too quickly over some things, but you were more confident in the Drivetrain.

Sports Cars/Buggies and anything that will S&%t and Get = Manuals always!

Daily Driver in Traffic, I prefer an Auto. Likewise on the Mac!

Comes down ultimately to personal choice and what suits your needs.

#21608 - 22/09/07 07:13 PM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have an auto and i like it. but I love the feels of stick and yea it gives you more control, but i am to lazy when driving to shift. I love to stick it in "D" in the early mornings or after a long day and just do home.

#21609 - 22/09/07 07:33 PM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by xXx 4x4:
...I love to stick it in "D" in the early mornings or after a long day and just do home...
Beg Your Pardon !!!

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#21610 - 22/09/07 09:57 PM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Daily Driver = Auto.
Race Cars, Rock Crawlers, etc. = Manual.

My X is my DD, so I made sure that I purchased one with auto.

Traffic in Phoenix sucks. There are times when it takes me an hour to go 20 miles on the freeway. I can't imagine how many times I would have to clutch in traffic like that.

#21611 - 23/09/07 06:47 AM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Manual for me, dunno what you yanks all see in automatics. 90% of cars in the UK are manual trans, Auto is for lazy ass fat people who want to be like Americans over there. Both my X's have been Manual Trans, only auto I've ever owned was my first car here in the US after moving here, when money was tight and someone offered me a good deal on it. Although it then died 12 months later (Monte Carlo).

MT for me - always, until I lose the use of my Right Arm or 1 of my legs at least.

#21612 - 23/09/07 11:08 AM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by AZ-Ted:
Traffic in Phoenix sucks. There are times when it takes me an hour to go 20 miles on the freeway. I can't imagine how many times I would have to clutch in traffic like that.
It's really not that big of a deal. And I drive I-66 daily in either the Xterra or the Miata and often face similar traffic. I'm with RiNkY.

While 05_X was trying to be funny, unfortunately I think his statement is far closer to reality for many.

And then people wonder why in a heavy traffic area like this so many people are driving around with rear-end damage [Freak]

#21613 - 23/09/07 11:44 AM Re: How many of your prefer stick over auto or vise vera ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm guessing everybody with an auto has no answer for all that but... I've had many vehicles with a stick, but I really HATE it in heavy traffic and we have plenty of that here frown . On the other hand, I love the auto. with the traffic we have in this area. My X is 70% in town and 30% in the wilderness, if I'm lucky. So heavy traffic features win. Maybe if I lived in a less heavily populated area, I would be driving a stick, but like the other person said if you are multitasking in heavy traffic an automatic is nice! smile lj

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal