shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#216427 - 29/11/06 08:03 PM Age limits for clubs
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
O.k. Here is the deal. What are the legalities of having members in a club that are under 21? Some people have the thinking that that it's taboo to have them in, in fear of being sued if something goes wrong and they are attending a club sanctioned event. Isn't Adult age 18 and at that time they are considered an Adult in the eyes of the law? Obviously no illegal drinking would be tolerated, so i don't see the ramifications that the others see. So my question is to you, the other club officers, what are you doing about this situaion?

#216428 - 29/11/06 09:12 PM Re: Age limits for clubs
Anonymous
Unregistered

18=adult. Whats the problem?

#216429 - 29/11/06 09:16 PM Re: Age limits for clubs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric P.:
18=adult. Whats the problem?
x2

#216430 - 30/11/06 04:44 AM Re: Age limits for clubs
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
I don't have one, some are just worried about the liability of having an under 21 person on an outing where they might get hold of alchohol and do something stupid and hold the club officers accountable.

#216431 - 30/11/06 09:55 AM Re: Age limits for clubs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is'nt there a delaration in the membership application that states that persons under the age of 21 are prohibited from consuming alcoholic beverages or something similar?

#216432 - 03/12/06 07:08 PM Re: Age limits for clubs
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is now. We just chnaged a couple of our club documents to re-flect some club chnages.

#216433 - 04/12/06 01:24 PM Re: Age limits for clubs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Club documents? Declaration?

Just get together and wheel. If someone's an idiot then they shouldn't be in the club anyways.

I don't see anything wrong with a couple of beers for someone who's not 21 if they are responsible. What's wrong with a few beers in front of a camp fire and some food?

#216434 - 04/12/06 09:25 PM Re: Age limits for clubs
Anonymous
Unregistered

I’ve been wheeling a few times now with MXO, AXTOHA included. I turned 18 this October and I take great offense to those who believe anyone under 18 is completely irresponsible. I took my friend (both 17 at the time) to the Badlands in Indiana and we had a perfectly fun, responsible time with, mind you, other members over the age of 21.

Why some people so desperately feel the need to blatantly discriminate against those under the age of 18 as reckless and as a possible liability is beyond me. “Adults” (those over 18) can be just as irresponsible and even more-so in some situations.

If you even consider implementing such “liability rules”, you are not not only being unfair, but also not giving someone a chance to participate in a common love we all share on this board: wheeling our X’s.

#216435 - 04/12/06 09:46 PM Re: Age limits for clubs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by reddevil07:
I’ve been wheeling a few times now with MXO, AXTOHA included. I turned 18 this October and I take great offense to those who believe anyone under 18 is completely irresponsible. I took my friend (both 17 at the time) to the Badlands in Indiana and we had a perfectly fun, responsible time with, mind you, other members over the age of 21.

Why some people so desperately feel the need to blatantly discriminate against those under the age of 18 as reckless and as a possible liability is beyond me. “Adults” (those over 18) can be just as irresponsible and even more-so in some situations.

If you even consider implementing such “liability rules”, you are not not only being unfair, but also not giving someone a chance to participate in a common love we all share on this board: wheeling our X’s.
it may just be me but i believe they are talking about lowering it. im 20 and am saying that they are just saying in general what could happen if someone under the age got a hold of alcohol. it may be unfair but we have to go by the rules that they make because most of them created the clubs. i do see what you are saying though but it is just stuff that we have to live by and accept. sxfc just allowed 18 year olds so i am finally after 7 months able to join the club that i was just lurking in. one day maybe your local club will allow 18 year olds as i think most of the clubs are lowering their age limit and changing the by laws saying that if someone under the age is in pocession or if someone 21 or older contributes to a minor then they will immedietly be banned from the club.

#216436 - 04/12/06 10:19 PM Re: Age limits for clubs
Anonymous
Unregistered

i dont know anything about any "laws" with MXO, but i do know that i will not approve of underaged drinking unless the parent is there and the one giving there minor the beverage... at least if it is an event or run that i'm hosting. (just because i dont want the liability of course).

other than that i dont see a problem with under 21 people wheeling with our groups.

#216437 - 04/12/06 11:33 PM Re: Age limits for clubs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by clemsontiger09:
Quote:
Originally posted by reddevil07:
[b]I’ve been wheeling a few times now with MXO, AXTOHA included. I turned 18 this October and I take great offense to those who believe anyone under 18 is completely irresponsible. I took my friend (both 17 at the time) to the Badlands in Indiana and we had a perfectly fun, responsible time with, mind you, other members over the age of 21.

it may just be me but i believe they are talking about lowering it. im 20 and am saying that they are just saying in general what could happen if someone under the age got a hold of alcohol. it may be unfair but we have to go by the rules that they make because most of them created the clubs. i do see what you are saying though but it is just stuff that we have to live by and accept. sxfc just allowed 18 year olds so i am finally after 7 months able to join the club that i was just lurking in. one day maybe your local club will allow 18 year olds as i think most of the clubs are lowering their age limit and changing the by laws saying that if someone under the age is in pocession or if someone 21 or older contributes to a minor then they will immedietly be banned from the club.[/b]
He's in fact a as much of a part of our club as anyone else. MXO has never set an age limit when it comes to joining the club. Not that I'm aware of, being there for the past two years or so.

#216438 - 05/12/06 12:59 AM Re: Age limits for clubs
Anonymous
Unregistered

...and let's not assume that those over 21 are always responsible with alcohol.

If it's a club-sponsored event, tread carefully with under-age alcohol consumption. Legal liability can change hands in an instant.

#216439 - 05/12/06 06:33 AM Re: Age limits for clubs
ATFrontier Offline

Loc: Loganville,Georgia
Ken started this thread about under-age drinking at a club sponsored event. Not about under 21 people wheeling on a club sponsored event.
The reason we, the SXFC had the no one under 21 rule is that on any club sponsored event, especially a multi day, we would not be concerned with babysitting a bunch of under 21 year olds drinking. Under 21 is still a minor as far as drinking. There is a liability there for all those involved and especially club officers.
However, the rule is now changed so under 21 can join. Now if under 21 are caught drinking on a club event, they will be banned from the club. Period. No questions asked.

#216440 - 19/12/06 10:18 AM Re: Age limits for clubs
Anonymous
Unregistered

so im 17 so can i now join SXFC ....

#216441 - 19/12/06 11:02 AM Re: Age limits for clubs
ATFrontier Offline

Loc: Loganville,Georgia
yes, see above statement though.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal