shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#216493 - 15/10/05 09:47 AM Mexico Trip at Christmass?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looking for parties interested in Copper Canyon or Baja for this Christmass. Atleast 10 days.

#216494 - 17/10/05 12:29 PM Re: Mexico Trip at Christmass?
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
I maybe interested. Its dependent on schedule though.

#216495 - 18/10/05 06:40 AM Re: Mexico Trip at Christmass?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great. I am seeking participants on 3 forums right now. No one is commited 100% yet though. I did not want to plan alot until I have people commited. Here is a post from another forum, answering a few questions posed.......

I have never been, I just cannot go alone and need to see how many vehicles I can get, atleast 3. The dates I would propose are 12/18-12/31. I know, that is alot of days and probably would need to be shortened on the front end. I want atleast 10 days scheduled though, border to border.

Being a first trip, it would be more exploration and experimentation then anything. I will be looking for leads, guide books and ideas. Certainly some remote beach camping, missions and inland mountain driving are in order. Making it to the end of the peninsula for this first trip is not really important to me. Maybe some day, but I would rather stay loose and have fun.

Obviously this trip will be mostly easy to moderate in trail difficulty, with no equipment mods and no worry about breakage. I certainly have never heard of a "Hardcore" baja trail? On a Baja level, I am open to anything and prefer SOME challenge. I will be taking the 05 X for comfort and reliability, and its stock except for sliders right now.

AS far as driving time, I usually stay loose on that as well. I tend to be a dawn to dusk wheeler, that can never get enough. But the older I get, the more I like to stop at a reasonable hour, before dark. I also like atleast one rest day at a nice location

#216496 - 18/10/05 10:27 AM Re: Mexico Trip at Christmass?
chupasierras Offline

Loc: Monterrey, M�xico
Hi guys... I haven´t been at Copper Canyon, but many of the 4x4 mexican community have been there and this area offers beautiful and breathtaking landscapes and views.

Lots of towns and small communities in the mountains, beautiful waterfalls and... well, look at these pics and you will have an idea of what you´ll find if you go to Copper Canyon area...

Divisadero Hotel...

Abiel
www.abielg.com

#216497 - 18/10/05 10:29 AM Re: Mexico Trip at Christmass?
chupasierras Offline

Loc: Monterrey, M�xico

They drive trailer queens... laugh

If I can help let me know and I´ll try and do my best to help you guys ...

Abiel
www.abielg.com

#216498 - 18/10/05 02:46 PM Re: Mexico Trip at Christmass?
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
I am definietly interested but it would have to be before xmas, maybe the begiining of Dec. It looks like you are leaning towards Baja wich is probably easier anyways. The copper canyon is beautiful, I saw it years ago, and at least for now driving all the way down into Mexico proper is not feasable for me. Keep us up to date. I ahve been wanting to do this for some time now.

#216499 - 27/12/05 02:50 PM Re: Mexico Trip at Christmass?
BOOM Offline

Loc: WISCONSIN
OH yeah hold on i have to pull my JEEP out of the trailer here... beacuse i cannot drive it on the road...

i wish i could do that with my xterra when i go offroading... that would save me miles....

oh well i drive from here to there.....

NICE PICS BTW.... [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

later
[Wave] BOOM

if you wanna get it DIRTY, Then go in and get some MUD !! ON IT

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal