2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#227921 - 05/12/03 12:30 PM Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know I'm gonna take some heat for this, but I'm gonna share anyway.

I think thats better.

#227922 - 05/12/03 12:39 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
I like the clean look of the rear sub speaker/amp/cap install. I prefer a more stealthy look so I'd have found a way to mount the door speakers in the door and use the factory grills.

I'm not an audio expert at all, but is having a sub box that big better? I would think that it is a lot of air for the speakers to move. Would a smaller box give it a tighter base? Is it muddy sounding at all?

#227923 - 05/12/03 12:49 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:

I'm not an audio expert at all, but is having a sub box that big better? I would think that it is a lot of air for the speakers to move. Would a smaller box give it a tighter base? Is it muddy sounding at all?
The actual box is not that big, what you are looking at is kinda like a cover over the real box.

Oh yeah, and my rear doors didnt have a factory speaker so I couldnt use the factory grills. Does your X have stock rear door speakers?

#227924 - 05/12/03 12:58 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Cool setup [ThumbsUp] ... You should resize those pics

#227925 - 05/12/03 01:47 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
I can't see them at all... confused

#227926 - 05/12/03 01:48 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

pictures arnt comming up for me, anyone else having problems?

#227927 - 05/12/03 01:51 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Yeah, they are gone. I don't think angelfire allows remote linking.

#227928 - 05/12/03 02:27 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

They work now.

#227929 - 05/12/03 02:53 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp] Looks pretty kewl.
Although not a big fan of the "Xterra" side decal. frown Your X's color is trippin. Why ruin it with that thang?

#227930 - 05/12/03 08:28 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Something that big in the back of my X would never work out, I'm not a fan of those big video displays (you better not be watching movies while driving!), and I don't care for covering up the side of the truck with graphics (mine had them when I bought it...ugh!).

But... whoever did the stereo install (was it you?) did a really nice job and it looks great. Probably sounds damn good too. I have the same Kicker speakers in my cargo area that you have in your rear doors. Great speakers for the money!

#227931 - 05/12/03 08:43 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
i wonder if a 5-speed transmission shiftknob would get in the way of that screen when it folds out.

#227932 - 05/12/03 09:08 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
ChuckH Offline

Shifter shouldn't hit it, but your hand might if you're not careful. Unless your transmission is going and the lever is flopping all over the place anyway (I know this for sure).

#227933 - 05/12/03 09:25 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Sweet install.

#227934 - 06/12/03 06:16 AM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
wordtothis Offline

Loc: atlanta
i could care less about what you're doing here, but i must say, every picture [except the 6th one down] looked damn cool to me...

what's with the big rusty tube between your square speakers?????

too bad you can't carry any gear now 'cause you have too many speakers.

david [Geek]

#227935 - 06/12/03 06:18 AM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not into big bass and hopped up stereo's. I do like crisp sounding music though and I do recognize a nice install. Good job! [ThumbsUp]

#227936 - 06/12/03 06:21 AM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Ahhh I can see the pics now...

But the install looks great,but I'm not digging the graphics on the side.Granted I know everyone has their own style and not all are into wheelin but it's not me... wink

#227937 - 06/12/03 10:26 AM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
DKX01 Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA
Woah! Whoever performed your install needs a good pat on the back. Looks really clean, bet it sounds awesome. Me? I'm not too sure how I am with having a monitor in my truck...I don't think I'd have the dicipline not to keep peeking at it (and eventually plowing into someone). And the side graphics definitely "are not my bag baby".

DKX01

#227938 - 06/12/03 11:46 AM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn't do the install, that was a job for the local stero shop (Advanced Audio). The graphics on the side were not my idea, they were dealer applied and it was also the only orange X that was at a dealership within 350 miles, so I got it anyway. At first I didnt really care for them but they have kinda grown on me, if you know what I mean. As for that rusty thing, its a power cap and its not rusty, thats the orange labeling on it. Allthough it does look a little rusty.

#227939 - 06/12/03 04:27 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
uncwmusca Offline

Loc: Wilmington
I like the set up! Do the amps get hot back there in such tight quarters?

#227940 - 06/12/03 06:53 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Biohazard Offline

Loc: Rogers AR
I think the sub/amp box setup looks really sharp but I couldn't give up all that cargo room for it. I really like the covering they put over the sub box to make it match the cargo area interior. I like painting on the side too. It looks good on that color.

Just out of curiosity, do you have that sub box anchored down using the floor hooks?

#227941 - 07/12/03 11:16 AM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

uncwmusca, I havent had any problem yet with the amps getting hot, I hope it stays that way.

Biohazard, the box is not anchored with the floor hooks, but it is deffinatly anchored down. I am about 99% sure that it's just screwed down the the floor.

Thanks to all of you for the props on the install.

#227942 - 07/12/03 03:09 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
ChuckH Offline

Looks like those amps probably have internal fan cooling.

I only have a small sub box with a single 10 in it and I don't have it tied or screwed down with anything. It just doesn't move when driving so i don't worry about it. I even went around an offramp one time where my ARB cooler flipped over in the back and was upside down, but the sub was still in the corner. ANyway, with soemthing that big, I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't anchored down.

#227943 - 07/12/03 03:34 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Canadian5150 Offline

Very smooth install. I bet it sounds as good as it looks.

My only concern would be loosing all that cargo space, but if you never haul anything, then power to ya !!!

#227944 - 08/12/03 08:23 AM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dude,

I'm not gonna flame you for wanting to have some sound in you X...but I would like to say, as a homeowner, nothing pisses me off more than someone booming down the street. I mean, why the hell should I have to listen to some rediculously loud repetitive booming crap. It's even worse if the windows are down and you hear the lyrics as well. I don't know if you're one to do this, but I would hope that you are considerate of other people's right not to have to listen to you as you jam on your system.

#227945 - 08/12/03 11:46 AM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
bennet Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
That "Xterra" printed (decaled) on the side of your truck, is that the same as appears on the bulge of jack's truck?
CLICK HERE

Whose doing that stuff and why?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal