shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#228248 - 18/03/07 06:56 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Gold Rush:
[b]The "Target Mat Mod"?[/b]
smile [ThumbsUp]

Or "The MJPD Ribbed-for-Her-Pleasure Target Mat Mod". That doesn't quite roll off the tongue the same way though...

#228249 - 18/03/07 09:32 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

TMM; sorta like a PML?

I love it that you made that mod from a $25 car mat and Husky charges what, $70 for it?

Don't have a target by me, Home Depot here I come.

Three cheers for those ladies!
[drink] [drink] [drink]

#228250 - 18/03/07 11:03 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Quote:
Originally posted by mjpd1:
Thanks! If you choose to do this, beware; your Xterra will have a slight "rubbery" smell the next morning smile
My backseat always has that problem, no worries! :p
Good job, looks good! [ThumbsUp]

#228251 - 19/03/07 06:41 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I paid about 35 for mine off of eBay and it is some sort of foam with a rubberized coating on top. Some guy evidently makes them and sells them on eBay...very good mod. Works out great when you have a leaky cooler or a dog who likes to swim...

#228252 - 19/03/07 07:56 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
Anyone who does this mod on a next-gen please post pics.

#228253 - 20/03/07 06:48 AM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by gmaxis:
Anyone who does this mod on a next-gen please post pics.
I've got a friend with an '06. I'll see if she can try this out.

#228254 - 21/03/07 09:20 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Erik Offline

Loc: Chapel Hill, TN
Quote:
This isn't a big deal, and probably doesn't even count as a "mod", but I was happy with how it turned out.

I wanted a utility mat for the back of my Xterra. I haul a lot of stuff and was getting tired of constantly cleaning the carpet back there.

I found a 3'x5' utility mat at Target for $25. Nice, thick rubber too. I laid my OEM carpet mat down on top of it, and starting cutting. Fits perfectly! I even cut slits in it for the tie-downs to pass through.
[ThumbsUp]
Thanks for the idea! I went out and picked this up a my local target and put it in. Other then my truck smelling like a S & M shop, I love it! It was a bitch to cut, but I had a dull knife!

#228255 - 22/03/07 04:54 AM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Erik:
It was a bitch to cut, but I had a dull knife!
I found that scissors actually work a lot better than a knife. You wouldn't think scissors would do well on the thick rubber, but they worked quite well.

#228256 - 27/03/07 08:41 AM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Thanks for the idea! I went out and picked this up a my local target and put it in.
Did you happen to save the label from the mat itself? I've been trying to locate the mat online for those who don't have a Target nearby, but I can't find anything similar. Thought if you saved the label, we could locate the manufacturer online.

#228257 - 28/03/07 07:29 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I did this mod also great one. Fits like a glove and thich as hell.

To those looking for one, i will be grabbing another for a buddy within the next couple of days i will forward label info when i get it.I would sya ill mail you one, but they are pretty flipping heavy and shiping would be much.
Jay

#228258 - 28/03/07 11:33 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Erik Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Thanks for the idea! I went out and picked this up a my local target and put it in.
Did you happen to save the label from the mat itself? I've been trying to locate the mat online for those who don't have a Target nearby, but I can't find anything similar. Thought if you saved the label, we could locate the manufacturer online.[/b]
No but next time I'm in Target I'll look.

#228259 - 04/04/07 01:43 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Erik Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Thanks for the idea! I went out and picked this up a my local target and put it in.
Did you happen to save the label from the mat itself? I've been trying to locate the mat online for those who don't have a Target nearby, but I can't find anything similar. Thought if you saved the label, we could locate the manufacturer online.[/b]
Actually I was cleaning out my garage and found the label. It's distributed by Target. Here is a pic of the lable.

#228260 - 04/04/07 01:56 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

ribbed for extra scraping? LMAO! sigh. I needed a laugh... This is a great idea, since no one makes a heavy duty mat for the SESC with the RF stereo + buil-in sub. Thanks for sharing the "mod" idea. [ThumbsUp]

#228261 - 15/04/07 04:27 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Picked one up today. Just need to trim it, and boy it sure does smell. Gonna leave it out in the sun for a while first...

#228262 - 15/04/07 04:54 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

The smell goes away after a week or so. I only notice it now if I've left my Xterra sitting in the sun all day and the interior heats up a bit.

#228263 - 30/04/07 01:15 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:

Very nice [ThumbsUp] , I'd like to do that.
Umm whoa!!!!

#228264 - 30/04/07 02:14 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been to 3 targets in my area. None carry this product. Grrr. They have all sorts of similar ones rolled up at the end of the aisle, but not this particular one. I can't find it on their website either.

#228265 - 30/04/07 03:06 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ryanbt:
I have been to 3 targets in my area. None carry this product. Grrr. They have all sorts of similar ones rolled up at the end of the aisle, but not this particular one. I can't find it on their website either.
That's where I found it; rolled up at the end of the aisle. Couldn't find it on their website either. Keep looking, maybe they'll restock it at some point!

#228266 - 01/05/07 04:18 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmm, looks like I have found a suitable material for some body lift lips....

How flexable is the material?

#228267 - 01/05/07 06:15 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shmittey:
Hmmm, looks like I have found a suitable material for some body lift lips....

How flexable is the material?
It's extremely flexible but so far very durable as well.

#228268 - 04/05/07 04:27 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Freaking great idea. I'm gettin' one. Thanks for sharing!

#228269 - 20/05/07 08:15 AM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

mad I'm with everyone else. I'm really frustrated. This is a great, cheap mod, but it's undoable because that mat simply doesn't exist anymore. I too have been to multiple Targets, as well as Wal-Mart and OSH, and no one's got one. And like the guy said, even Target's website doesn't have it. mad I'm gonna swing by Home Depot and Lowe's today to try my luck. Let you all know if I find one.

#228270 - 20/05/07 08:20 AM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Good idea to check w/Lowe's and/or Home Depot. They should have something similar, possibly on rolls or sheets if nothing else. You could still cut it to size.

#228271 - 20/05/07 12:31 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Must be a regional thing. I've got two Targets within 15 miles of my house. I've been to both over the past week (registering for wedding gifts) and both Targets still had the mat.

I'd gladly pick up several and ship them out, but it's pretty heavy, so shipping would be expensive. Would hate to have to charge you guys for the mat PLUS shipping costs. Although if it's something you're willing to pay for, I'd gladly do it.

#228272 - 22/05/07 01:41 PM Re: DIY utility mat for my Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by rift:
mad I'm with everyone else. I'm really frustrated. This is a great, cheap mod, but it's undoable because that mat simply doesn't exist anymore. I too have been to multiple Targets, as well as Wal-Mart and OSH, and no one's got one. And like the guy said, even Target's website doesn't have it. mad I'm gonna swing by Home Depot and Lowe's today to try my luck. Let you all know if I find one.
Okay everyone, I went to Home Depot and they didn't have it ether. They had a thin rubber backed door mat kinda thing, but it was carpet. No good. I may have to take the UPC from the pic and go see if Target can order the thing. Running the UPC on their website does nothing, by the way.

Am I being obsessive here? cool

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal