2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#229059 - 07/10/03 12:17 AM Seen Mr. Jim yet?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Look at his videos in the "greenwater run", I like this guy!

found at mrjim.net

#229060 - 07/10/03 12:28 AM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Mr. Jim is a fucking idiot.

Thats how trucks get broken, people get hurt and trails get closed.

If you want to learn how not to drive off-road responsibly, look no further.

#229061 - 07/10/03 12:34 AM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
XOC Offline
Admin

And whoever owns that yellow Xterra, go find a redneck board to post on, you're not welcome here.

#229062 - 07/10/03 01:22 AM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
1st pic: all that "hardcore" offroading and the guy has a brush guard? perfect example of people with too much money to play with and too little sense to know how to use it.

#229063 - 07/10/03 05:33 AM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
conker69 Offline

What a moron. And this is why my wife doesn't want to go off-roading. She sees this shit and gets scared. I hate people like this. mad

#229064 - 07/10/03 05:36 AM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Why would anyone drive off of a perfectly good road just to go through a flooded ditch? Is that a little silly or is that just me?

Brushguard - 1
Moron - 0

I can't believe he was following around a highly modified, highly lifted SAS Taco...

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#229065 - 07/10/03 06:44 AM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
Wow it is odd that this post brought on so much anger. Beside the dumbass move of launching into the trees I don't see much there for controversy. I have seen pics on this board of X's launching much higher. Then again we usually have the sense to make sure we know which way to go.

#229066 - 07/10/03 08:41 AM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
Jimi James Offline

Loc: North Vancouver, BC
Quote:
Originally posted by imacsae:
Wow it is odd that this post brought on so much anger... I have seen pics on this board of X's launching much higher.
True....it's funny how quick people are to jump all over someone else's actions but justify their own actions as having better intentions somehow.

Not that I'm condoning his behaviour, it's just one of those things that's interesting to observe.

#229067 - 07/10/03 09:12 AM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
wordtothis Offline

Loc: atlanta
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Mr. Jim is a fucking idiot.

Thats how trucks get broken, people get hurt and trails get closed.

If you want to learn [b]how not
to drive off-road responsibly, look no further.[/b]
yeah, that guy's a tool.
i couldn't help but notice how this "mr. jim" seemed to have the driving prowess of a chimp [Geek] [already has the name] and only did ridiculous stuff when he seemed to think people were looking, what an idiot, clearly operating at the intellectual capacity of a porcupine. maybe one day when he's being so [Save the fine unicorns] "fucking extreme," his truck will break in mid-air and he'll wish he had the brains to figure out that speed kills. mad

fucking idiot, yes, he is; good driver, no he isn't.

david [Huh?]

#229068 - 07/10/03 10:37 AM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by austinbrtndr:
Why would anyone drive off of a perfectly good road just to go through a flooded ditch? Is that a little silly or is that just me?
Explain again why you had to rip out all of your carpet...

laugh [Finger] laugh laugh laugh laugh

#229069 - 07/10/03 12:19 PM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Quote:
Originally posted by goofiefoot:
Quote:
Originally posted by austinbrtndr:
[b]Why would anyone drive off of a perfectly good road just to go through a flooded ditch? Is that a little silly or is that just me?
Explain again why you had to rip out all of your carpet...

laugh [Finger] laugh laugh [/b]
Cuz I was extreme offroading (carefully mind you! [Laughing] ) and had a knowledgeable friend there with a better built rig... who just happened to want to see me tear mine up! [Finger] [Finger] [Finger] But he pulled me out afterward...

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#229070 - 07/10/03 08:42 PM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
seamonkey Offline

Loc: Boerne, TX

Offroad Pics

#229071 - 07/10/03 10:01 PM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
my main dispute is with the brushguard. i'm not sure if that closeup pic of the pathfinder's damage is due to the brushguard, but i've seen other real life examples that baffle me as to why anyone with common sense would use one if they offroad THAT way.

#229072 - 08/10/03 01:27 PM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
And whoever owns that yellow Xterra, go find a redneck board to post on, you're not welcome here.
why? what's wrong with that?

#229073 - 08/10/03 01:28 PM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ClaptoVaughn:
my main dispute is with the brushguard. i'm not sure if that closeup pic of the pathfinder's damage is due to the brushguard, but i've seen other real life examples that baffle me as to why anyone with common sense would use one if they offroad THAT way.
what's wrong with having a brush guard?

#229074 - 08/10/03 02:10 PM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben E Gas:
Go look at the rest of the pictures.
Going 'wheeling' on the side of a road just gives SUV and truck owners a bad name.

#229075 - 09/10/03 05:08 AM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
Glades Runner Offline

Loc: Ft. Lauderdale
The only reason Mr Jim drives like that is probably one of three reasons:
1: The truck is his parents'
2: It is a rental car
3: It's stolen

#229076 - 09/10/03 06:33 AM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]why? what's wrong with that?
Going 'wheeling' on the side of a road just gives SUV and truck owners a bad name.[/b]
I saw the pictures. Unless you can explain to me what you think is wrong with them, then I can't agree. It looks like he's just having fun.

#229077 - 09/10/03 10:17 AM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]why? what's wrong with that?
Going 'wheeling' on the side of a road just gives SUV and truck owners a bad name.[/b]
I saw the pictures. Unless you can explain to me what you think is wrong with them, then I can't agree. It looks like he's just having fun.[/b]
It's an issue of responsible off-roading. Off-roading in construction zones, on private property (without permission), in environmentally sensitive areas, or just on the side of the road "cause its there" are generally considered poor form.

Generally, off-roading should be limited to controlled OHV's, private land (with permission), or similar.

#229078 - 09/10/03 10:21 AM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
KJ_dragon Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by ClaptoVaughn:
[b]my main dispute is with the brushguard. i'm not sure if that closeup pic of the pathfinder's damage is due to the brushguard, but i've seen other real life examples that baffle me as to why anyone with common sense would use one if they offroad THAT way.
what's wrong with having a brush guard?[/b]
Go to the Parts forum and search for "Brushguard" or "Grill guard" or "tumble weed guard", etc. They have been known to increase damage in a minor acident and are typically frowned upon by members of this board.

Many feel that they are a useless cosmetic item, which gives owners a false sense of "protection". Kinda like the SUV equivalent to an oversized spoiler on a Honda Civic. All show, and no go.

#229079 - 09/10/03 10:23 AM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
KJ_dragon Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by imacsae:
Wow it is odd that this post brought on so much anger. Beside the dumbass move of launching into the trees I don't see much there for controversy. I have seen pics on this board of X's launching much higher. Then again we usually have the sense to make sure we know which way to go.
The main difference is that I have not seen Xterra's jumping into tree's and blind ditches. All of the Jumping Xterra videos/pics are pretty much always n dunes, where you can spot the landing and keep people out of harms way.

#229080 - 09/10/03 10:35 AM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
that page is hilarious....

for the most part all the really stupid shit, is just Mr.Jim, yes there are exceptions... but the vast majority of the "wow that guys a dumbass" pics are the pathy....

i bet people invite him on runs just to make fun of him behind his back... or in front of him and hes just to stupid to realize they are doing it

#229081 - 09/10/03 10:41 AM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
I'm curious how does one get themself in that predicament on the first page. Usually the front will sink faster that the front. Was he going in reverse and what the hell terrain is he driving on for it to sink that deep. It doesn't look like mud to me.

#229082 - 09/10/03 12:42 PM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
I saw the pictures. Unless you can explain to me what you think is wrong with them, then I can't agree. It looks like he's just having fun.[/b]
It's an issue of responsible off-roading. Off-roading in construction zones, on private property (without permission), in environmentally sensitive areas, or just on the side of the road "cause its there" are generally considered poor form.

Generally, off-roading should be limited to controlled OHV's, private land (with permission), or similar.

OK, that's understandable, but do we know for sure that the picture wasn't taken from Mr. Jim's property?

#229083 - 09/10/03 12:44 PM Re: Seen Mr. Jim yet?
Anonymous
Unregistered

On the issue of Brush Guards:

I think they look damn cool. Well, some of them do, anyway. The one on my truck makes the truck look better. I guess it's personal preference. Then again, I don't do major offroading like you folks, so if I did, I may change my mind.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal