shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#231696 - 10/04/05 07:27 PM A Beautiful Day in the Desert
Anonymous
Unregistered

I decided to tag along with a local club here in the San Diego area called Just Runs. (No Meetings, No Politics, No Dues...Just Runs!!) I have to give credit to everyone else in the club for these photos.
As we group up to head off into Lower Coyote Canyon.

This is next to one of the 3 "water crossings" we encountered. There was a lot of stopping and waiting for the other vehicles.

These two shots were snapped as we made our way up Boulder Alley. Everybody made it up with no problems. A guy with a bone stock Tundra had to take it nice and slow but he did eventually make it.

Squeezing by the last obstacle this is was the tightest spot for the Tundra. As we reached the summit we came across a group of 25 H2's. It was quite a sight to behold... To actually see somebody wheeling the Hummer.

I had quite a few folks admiring the Shrockworks bumper and in just in plain awe of what the Xterra could do.

#231697 - 10/04/05 08:29 PM Re: A Beautiful Day in the Desert
Anonymous
Unregistered

NICE!!! Dude what size are the tires....I'm really lovin them!!! Looks awesome!!! In the first pic.....it looks like you could drive right up over that ranger!!! haha!!

#231698 - 10/04/05 10:00 PM Re: A Beautiful Day in the Desert
Anonymous
Unregistered

awsome pix [ThumbsUp] thanks for sharing!

#231699 - 11/04/05 06:03 AM Re: A Beautiful Day in the Desert
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Kewl pics. [ThumbsUp]

#231700 - 11/04/05 09:52 AM Re: A Beautiful Day in the Desert
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by newfieX:
NICE!!! Dude what size are the tires....I'm really lovin them!!! Looks awesome!!! In the first pic.....it looks like you could drive right up over that ranger!!! haha!!
33x12.50 Not to sound full of myself but I think this run was just a little too easy for me or too difficult for others. It should have only taken a few hours up and back it took over 6 with all the waiting and then we had a guy lose his fan on his Scrambler so we had to fix that we didn't want him to overheat. It has still a good time just a little slower than I would have liked. But that goes with the territory.

#231701 - 11/04/05 01:46 PM Re: A Beautiful Day in the Desert
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome pics! and sweet rig! you mentioned that a bone stock tundra was able to go over "boulder alley". Will a bone stock xterra overcome terrain such as that?

#231702 - 11/04/05 02:09 PM Re: A Beautiful Day in the Desert
Anonymous
Unregistered

Absolutley!! There were a couple Liberty's on the run and they made it with little no problems. If you want to go out there we could arrange that for some weekend. I am more than willing to lead a group out there. Just let me know.

#231703 - 11/04/05 02:55 PM Re: A Beautiful Day in the Desert
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
Hey J I might be up for joining you, need to get a little more offroading in before I trade her in.

#231704 - 11/04/05 06:14 PM Re: A Beautiful Day in the Desert
Anonymous
Unregistered

are you running a two inch body lift and a 3 inch suspension lift? also, whats the backspacing on your wheels? Just curious, because that ride does look really cool.

#231705 - 11/04/05 07:53 PM Re: A Beautiful Day in the Desert
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's actually the 3" body lift. The back spacing is 3.75" I had a few issues with rubbing on the front until I installed the Shrockworks bumper. Now no more rubbing.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal