2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#232633 - 28/05/07 08:34 PM Backyard exploring
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did some local exploring this weekend. For you UXOCers, all of these places are close by.

Up in Wasatach Mtn State Park on Saturday afternoon:

And then today's loop out of Wallsburg (Main Canyon>Strawberry Peak>Little Valley:

#232634 - 28/05/07 09:09 PM Re: Backyard exploring
Anonymous
Unregistered

NICE, great pictures. Thats such a beautiful area.

#232635 - 29/05/07 06:25 AM Re: Backyard exploring
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Tread Lightly wink

Nice pics and area!!!

#232636 - 29/05/07 11:51 AM Re: Backyard exploring
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraintx:
Tread Lightly wink
Always... The shot of me parked on the grass is just off the trail. When given a choice of parking on a busy ATV trail or just off it, I'll park off it. I'd rather sloooowly roll over the grass and not rip it up, than have pissed off ATVs fly around my vehicle off the trail at 20 mph. Most of the ATV crowd around here seems to have something to prove. I'd rather not give them the chance and leave the path free and clear for their bikes. [Wave]

Glad you guys like the scenery. It seems like the only Utah pictures we see are Moab shots.

#232637 - 30/05/07 06:07 AM Re: Backyard exploring
TK1 Offline

Loc: Taylorsville, UT
Nice pictures. Just so you know, it looks in a few pictures that you were on an ATV trail. There are trails up there that are ATV only (no full size vehicles).

Got paint?

#232638 - 30/05/07 07:51 AM Re: Backyard exploring
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Todd, I don't think we've talked about it, but I spent a few years up here working for the Forest Service surveying roads for watershed assessment purposes. I am very familiar with the Heber RD travel plan, and which roads are open to full size vehicles.

The tightest trails in the pics (the ones out of Wallsburg and up near Strawberry Peak) are all open to full size vehicles according to my interagency travel maps. They look like ATV only trails, because the ATVs are the only ones who regularly use them. You can't get an full size pick-up (the local vehicle of choice) down 'em.

Being the guy who used to give out tickets for ATV/off road violations, I like to "know before I go". It sure would be an awkward situation if one of my previous co-workers busted me for being someplace I wasn't supposed to be.

-B.

#232639 - 30/05/07 08:40 AM Re: Backyard exploring
TK1 Offline

Loc: Taylorsville, UT
Perfect! I just know that trail 022 Strawberry Ridge is ATV or smaller according to the most recent maps.

I personally like stick to single track on my bike as much as I can.

Got paint?

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal