shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#232826 - 10/01/06 07:34 PM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
John, your way to excited about someone leaving the drawbar on their truck man. smile You tailgate me, your gonna hit my ball. Tough luck for you.
Granted I pay a price for leaving it on sometimes, its a hell of a shin bruiser!
Me?, excited? You must mean some other "John" who posted earlier... my post was pretty tame compared to some of you other hitch ball nazis. wink smile

(My ball is frequently on too, and yes, I have the marks on my upper leg to prove it. [Too much XOC] )

#232827 - 10/01/06 07:39 PM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Bummer....But I think I know the real reason this accident happened....Brian was just pissed that this woman has a much better located alternator for water crossings than his Xterra.

And so...he thought he'd teach her a lesson. laugh

Seriously tho....I am not to say that a hitch ball is wrong to leave on all the time. I've never thought about it to the degree that porsche obviously has.....But damn, you guys seriously did *f* some stuff up on the separation of the two rides. I think I may have tried to think of a somewhat less destructive option. But then again, I wasn't there, and am Monday morning quarterbacking a bit.

Sorry your X got tagged again, Brian.....This new X is bad luck for you....I'm telling you.

laugh

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#232828 - 10/01/06 07:42 PM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyx:
Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
[b]John, your way to excited about someone leaving the drawbar on their truck man. smile You tailgate me, your gonna hit my ball. Tough luck for you.
Granted I pay a price for leaving it on sometimes, its a hell of a shin bruiser!
Me?, excited? You must mean some other "John" who posted earlier... my post was pretty tame compared to some of you other hitch ball nazis. wink smile

(My ball is frequently on too, and yes, I have the marks on my upper leg to prove it. [Too much XOC] )[/b]
Yeah, I believe he was referring to porsche....whose real name is John.

wink

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#232829 - 10/01/06 07:46 PM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
johnnyx Offline
J

Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:
Yeah, I believe he was referring to porsche....whose real name is John. wink
Gotcha. Damn "Johns"!
Carry on then! [Wave]

#232830 - 10/01/06 07:47 PM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
Anonymous
Unregistered

So say I remove the reciever from the hitch, there's still a lot of the hitch out there. In the case shown the plastic grill would have taken the hit. The car's bumper would have been well below the X's bumper. The whole argument is moot.

#232831 - 10/01/06 08:07 PM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
Anonymous
Unregistered

theoretically, couldnt the hitch itself (which sticks out and has a step on it) go right through the grill and radiator if a car hit the backend with enough force?

#232832 - 10/01/06 08:26 PM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Come to Texas. Where most of our trucks have "balls".

#232833 - 10/01/06 09:28 PM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
Anonymous
Unregistered

porche is a whiney bitch.

#232834 - 11/01/06 06:32 AM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
You know what?? Any time you want to ram into some one for having a ball in their hitch then come and find me. I always have mine in there for just that reason.
I'd love to... I'll be in Fredericksburg, Richmond, Viginia Beach, & Roanoke sometime at the end of the month, visiting family.. Care to setup an appointment? Your ball won't save you from my truck. My bumper would be cruising through your rear hatch. [Finger]

Sorry, Kevin, it's just a pet peeve of mine, to see people w/ the ball in place. I just can't stand people that think they're an "enforcer" on the road, and it's their mission to "enlighten" other drivers about their bad habits, so they'll leave their ball in place... If you really think that ball is gonna' save your ass, then so be it. Personally, I don't mind if somebody rear-ends me... That's free $$ from their insurance company to buy more toys.

#232835 - 11/01/06 07:01 AM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Just to add to the bitch-at-porsche...

If you are following someone, you *should* have about 2 full seconds between you. AND when you are pulling up behind someone, you SHOULD be able to see their tires over your hood.

If you don't...you're too close.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#232836 - 11/01/06 11:29 AM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Quote:
You know what?? Any time you want to ram into some one for having a ball in their hitch then come and find me. I always have mine in there for just that reason.
I'd love to... I'll be in Fredericksburg, Richmond, Viginia Beach, & Roanoke sometime at the end of the month, visiting family.. Care to setup an appointment? Your ball won't save you from my truck. My bumper would be cruising through your rear hatch. [Finger]

Sorry, Kevin, it's just a pet peeve of mine, to see people w/ the ball in place. I just can't stand people that think they're an "enforcer" on the road, and it's their mission to "enlighten" other drivers about their bad habits, so they'll leave their ball in place... If you really think that ball is gonna' save your ass, then so be it. Personally, I don't mind if somebody rear-ends me... That's free $$ from their insurance company to buy more toys.
Nice truck dude. You getting a winch put on that thing?

#232837 - 11/01/06 11:35 AM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Galusha:
Nice truck dude. You getting a winch put on that thing?
Now that is a pet peeve of mine. Why get a winch bumper if you are not going to get the winch?

Surely you did not get it for more protection of your truck. Cause if you rear ended someone you would cause a hell of a lot more damage to their car than if you kept your factory bumper on.

Just think how much everyone insurance would go up just because you had to have a bumper that gave your truck more protection. Of course if you were in a high speed accident it would not make much differance. But in a slower speed accident you would cause more damage to someone elses car and walk away with a few scratches on your bumper.

You are as bad as those assholes that have their ball hitch on all the time.

bla bla bla... :rolleyes:

Edit. Nice topper.

#232838 - 11/01/06 12:17 PM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
Anonymous
Unregistered

That pic is about a year and a half old. yes, I have a winch in that thing. And have used it on several occasions. I bought the bumper, used, and put it on while I was waiting for the winch to come in. Incidentally, that bumper's been around the block a few times... It used to belong to the owner of our "favorite offroad" shop in Ohio... It's been on 3 different trucks, so far.

I also don't have the cheesy side graphics on anymore; thanks to a car side-swiping me, insurance paid to have those things removed when they replaced both passenger side doors.

The truck has changed a good bit since that pic. But that's the most current one I could find, online.

Carlton, can't tell if you're mocking the softopper or not, but I will say, it's been a great add-on. Had it for about 2 years, now. Even convinced AC to start selling them. Folds up like a convertible soft top, and can be removed completely in just a couple minutes.

As to the front bumper... Yeah, I know; it'll hurt somebody else's car a lot more than my truck... But it doesn't see the road very often. I'd say I put on about 50 miles a month, tops, unless I'm going on an offroading trip, or if I've got to drive a long distance for work & the wife's car or the jeep are indisposed at the moment. It's just a toy.

#232839 - 11/01/06 12:19 PM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dont think John (porsche) is bitching about anything, he is simply voicing his opinion much like all of us do here. I personally dont like to leave my hitch ball on my hitch either. If you are not towing, put the damn thing away. I have had my share of knee busting encounters with these damn things (including mine at times) and it is no fun. Beside if it is on there it looks stupid and it is prone to theft.

Let me ask you guys this...Do you walk around in public with you dick out all the time? Of course not, it is put away when not in use. You idiots! [Finger]

BTW, whoever challenged John to a rear end raming...sorry to say but I think your gonna loose, that Calmini bumper is gonna end up in your back seat. [Finger]

#232840 - 11/01/06 12:37 PM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Galusha:
[b]Nice truck dude. You getting a winch put on that thing?
Now that is a pet peeve of mine. Why get a winch bumper if you are not going to get the winch?

[/b]
Well, some people are waiting for a winch. Maybe others are just using it to get a better approach angle but don't necesseraly need the winch as of this time.

I don't have a winch and I use mine to get better approach angle and yes, to have more protection on the front end. I really don't care whether I case more damage to someone else at a slow speed collision. Deer and stupid drivers in the city and burbs... approach angle, recovery points and protection off-road.

#232841 - 11/01/06 12:37 PM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:

Carlton, can't tell if you're mocking the softopper or not, but I will say, it's been a great add-on. Had it for about 2 years, now. Even convinced AC to start selling them. Folds up like a convertible soft top, and can be removed completely in just a couple minutes.

I really like those.. Wanted one for my old Hardbody but they did not make them for the Nissan back in the day.

#232842 - 11/01/06 03:59 PM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not saying I'm and enforcer or trying to enlighten other people. I just don't trust people that read the news paper while driving, or the person trying to find "that one song" on their iPod. If they don't notice a 6 1/2' suv with three red lights directly in front of them, maybe we should all conect the horn relay with the brake lights.

#232843 - 12/01/06 10:21 AM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Wow! Sounds like someone really hates trailer hitches! What’s the matter? Did you rear-end someone with their ball in and total out a previous car?

In or out the lady still would have hit my trailer hitch, the ball just kept her a little farther away from my bumper. Without the ball in place I would probably be replacing my bumper again but instead the ball going in to her grill and hitting bumper supports stopped her from getting close enough to do damage to mine.

True I could have just removed the hitch from the receiver and found a way to unhook it but at the time none of us thought of that until after the fact. We were more concerned about getting the vehicles off of the highway at the time. If you look at the second to last picture you can see the gouge in her bumper from when she hit the nut on the bottom of the hitch ball and it slid across her bumper before crashing through her grill. All of the parts that were damaged, were damaged to the point of needing to be replaced when she initially hit me. When I pulled the truck off of her car it just damaged the same parts a little more.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#232844 - 12/01/06 11:10 AM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is your location right? Are you in Snellville? If so, then it doesn't surprise me that you get rear-ended a lot. Drivers around Atlanta a freaking crazy!

My sister is a pediatrician in Monroe. She lives about half-way between Loganville & Monroe, so I've been through there many, many times.

#232845 - 12/01/06 11:26 AM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Same thing happened to me last year in my 2000 X. I calaimed $500 for a new hitch, even tho the old one was not damaged! smile

The insurance company settled like 5 days after the accident because I didn't claim more than the $500. Deffinately see a Chiropractor on their dime if you have even the slightest back or neck ache.

#232846 - 12/01/06 01:58 PM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Sorry, Kevin, it's just a pet peeve of mine, to see people w/ the ball in place. I just can't stand people that think they're an "enforcer" on the road, and it's their mission to "enlighten" other drivers about their bad habits
SO you think leaving my hitch in makes me an "enforcer"? DO people with hitches drive around backing into people or slamming on their brakes enticing accidents?

SO who's the one trying to "enlighten people about their bad habits"...even though its not a bad habit?

#232847 - 12/01/06 02:06 PM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
I calaimed $500 for a new hitch, even tho the old one was not damaged! smile
Nothing like admiting to two counts of insurance fraud in a public forum.

#232848 - 12/01/06 03:49 PM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
johnnyx Offline
J

Quote:
Originally posted by B.:
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
[b]I calaimed $500 for a new hitch, even tho the old one was not damaged! smile
Nothing like admiting to two counts of insurance fraud in a public forum.[/b]
Not necessarily.

Visually it may have looked fine, but what happened if it failed while he was towing a 5,000 pound load of bricks on a trailer down a two way highway, and the hitch broke and slammed into a bus full of nuns coming the opposite direction? wink

#232849 - 12/01/06 06:20 PM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by josecuervo1800:
SO you think leaving my hitch in makes me an "enforcer"? DO people with hitches drive around backing into people or slamming on their brakes enticing accidents?

SO who's the one trying to "enlighten people about their bad habits"...even though its not a bad habit?
No, I'm saying that based on the comments in the entire thread, people that are leaving the ball in on purpose are saying things like:

Quote:
if some dip shit is following me too close I am gonna fuck his car up. I even hit my brakes hard at times just to scare em off [Finger]
or

Quote:
I know that when I have a couple of people that want to tail gate me then I make sure that I can safely do a brake check to them without getting hit and then pull up enough so that they see that they will have a ball go through their radiator the next time they get to f**king close to me and I have to stop in an emergency situation.
If those aren't "enforcer" attitudes, I don't know what is. Not too good with the reading comprehension, are 'ya?

As to this genius comment you made earlier:

Quote:
Oh yeah and you're whining way to much about having to walk 6 blocks. You act like you get bad weather or something......you wouldn't be riding a motorcycle if it wasn't nice enough to walk. Quit whining you sissy bitch
You're a complete idiot. I ride a motorcycle year round, in every type of weather Louisville gets. From nice sunny, 90 degree days in the summer, to cold-as-hell, freezing rain/hail/sleet 10 degrees in the winter. You ever walk 6 blocks (that's a mile and a half, in case you're too stupid to know a city block is .25 miles long) when it's 10 degrees outside? Not to mention the wind that Louisville gets, since we're on the Ohio River? Sissy bitch? Lets see you get your balls out in the weather like that, and then you have a right to talk. Until then, STFU. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

[Finger]

#232850 - 12/01/06 06:23 PM Re: Rear ended... Again! (pics)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
That pic is about a year and a half old. yes, I have a winch in that thing. And have used it on several occasions. I bought the bumper, used, and put it on while I was waiting for the winch to come in. Incidentally, that bumper's been around the block a few times... It used to belong to the owner of our "favorite offroad" shop in Ohio... It's been on 3 different trucks, so far.

I also don't have the cheesy side graphics on anymore; thanks to a car side-swiping me, insurance paid to have those things removed when they replaced both passenger side doors.

The truck has changed a good bit since that pic. But that's the most current one I could find, online.

As to the front bumper... Yeah, I know; it'll hurt somebody else's car a lot more than my truck... But it doesn't see the road very often. I'd say I put on about 50 miles a month, tops, unless I'm going on an offroading trip, or if I've got to drive a long distance for work & the wife's car or the jeep are indisposed at the moment. It's just a toy.
Dude, you are a douche. I run my truck with a ball 24/7 for the very same reason everyone else here does.

It shows a complete lack of inteligence to say that it was his fault that she ran in to him. She violated several laws.. reckless driving, following too close, innattention, and the list goes on.

The law doesn't say anything about driving with a hitch.

I suppose it would have been better if she did equal damage to his truck even though it wasn't his fault? God, it's pansy motorcycle driving asshats like you that are my pet peve. Keep bitching, in the end, there isn't anything you can do about it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal