shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#234004 - 11/02/04 03:17 PM Re: Jeep Stuck......Xterra to the Rescue
Anonymous
Unregistered

We where at a series of trails that we like to call "606." It is near Dulles Airport, not too far from rt 28. I have still not explored the whole trail system. We have uncovered about 15 miles of trails so far. It is always muddy, literaly, always. I try to go there only if it hasn't rained in a while. thier are lots of hill climbs and trenchs. One word of advice, always probe the trenchs. Everytime i gone there someone has got stuck. Before any of us had a winch last year i had to leave my X there over night in a sink hole. Didnt go over well with the parents:

"What do u mean u can't get it out...."
"We can, i just need a back-hoe or something like that..."

If you what directions or something like that just shoot me a PM.

Josh

#234005 - 11/02/04 09:39 PM Re: Jeep Stuck......Xterra to the Rescue
Weasel Offline

Loc: San Antonio
Not to be a jerk but on the trail every vehicle with the exception of a retarded 15" lift F350 will get stuck. Dont get all excited when an X pulls out a jeep, it only encourages the trolls you talk about. It's no biggie.
Dont worry, Jeeps are low quality vehicles that appeal to people who are willing to pay alot of money to keep them running. Nissan is a great company and the X should last you many many years without too much grief. Besides sqeaking and exhaust manifolds.
My 2 cents
Weasel

Me: Um, That's Dan Marino...

#234006 - 12/02/04 09:32 AM Re: Jeep Stuck......Xterra to the Rescue
ashleynatlanta Offline

Loc: Birmingham, AL
I like the idea of making the X of the month pic from one of the Xterra pulling a jeep out set. However, I think that using one of those pics would be the equivalent of launching a "Xterra vs. Jeep" nuclear warhead.

Carry on.

Oh, and thanks for posting that man. Awesome to see the Xterra's capibilties.

#234007 - 12/02/04 10:26 AM Re: Jeep Stuck......Xterra to the Rescue
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkwarriorX:
We where at a series of trails that we like to call "606." It is near Dulles Airport, not too far from rt 28. I have still not explored the whole trail system. We have uncovered about 15 miles of trails so far.

Uh, you do realize that it is not legal to be there, right?

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#234008 - 12/02/04 10:36 AM Re: Jeep Stuck......Xterra to the Rescue
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Ok, I'm not trolling here, just pointing out the obvious that everyone is missing. He openly admitted that he didn't brave the pit the Jeep got stuck in. If its a nasty spot (which it sounds like it was), any vehicle could get stuck in it. Pulling someone out from the high ground doesn't prove any vehicular superiority whatsoever, it just proves you're a nice guy who helps the other guy out.

#234009 - 12/02/04 04:25 PM Re: Jeep Stuck......Xterra to the Rescue
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, i do know it is not legal and i am fully aware of the consequences. Several times we have seen utility workers and they just wave to us. The trails are there, so we use them. which doesn't mean its right, but i know you guys can't honestly tell me that you have never gone somewhere you were not allowed. We dont mean any harm.

#234010 - 12/02/04 04:30 PM Re: Jeep Stuck......Xterra to the Rescue
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
Yes, i do know it is not legal and i am fully aware of the consequences. Several times we have seen utility workers and they just wave to us. The trails are there, so we use them. which doesn't mean its right, but i know you guys can't honestly tell me that you have never gone somewhere you were not allowed. We dont mean any harm.
You don't mean any harm, but the consequences may stem farther than just you and your buddies. It's illegal off-roading that gives all off-roaders a bad rep and its getting legal areas closed that much quicker.

#234011 - 12/02/04 08:36 PM Re: Jeep Stuck......Xterra to the Rescue
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Nice pics! It's always good to see a Jeep stuck. Just means the owner is USING IT for WHAT IS WHAT MEANT FOR!!!!! laugh

As for your above statement, You are a DUMBASS! Get a clue! Don't give the Greenies more ammo than they need! Responsible wheelin' or we, (the 4x4 community), will eventually lose it's "PRIVELEDGE" to use the public land. Offroading will soon be a thing of the past.

You're actions effect more than just you.....

#234012 - 13/02/04 09:18 AM Re: Jeep Stuck......Xterra to the Rescue
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Quote:
[b]We where at a series of trails that we like to call "606." It is near Dulles Airport, not too far from rt 28. I have still not explored the whole trail system. We have uncovered about 15 miles of trails so far.

Uh, you do realize that it is not legal to be there, right?

Brent[/b]
Damnit. I got excited when he said it was near Dulles. I have to drop somebody off there in the morning and I thought maybe I could make a detour...

damn kids laugh

#234013 - 13/02/04 09:35 AM Re: Jeep Stuck......Xterra to the Rescue
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
You have to be pretty careful where you wheel. Especially around urban areas. A friend took me to this area of trails in Kansas City, Mo. It was all wooded, with lots of mud and some pretty dificult obstacles. We ran across lots of people on the trails. And then the cops closed in. We had choppers buzzing us with cops at the exits. We found an exit they didn't have covered and got out of there. I haven't been back since, but found out from one of the local Jeep club that the owner used to let people wheel, but got tired of the trash and noise and closed it. He puts up no trespassing signs, but people just tear them down. My friend was not aware it had been closed.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal