shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#239212 - 12/11/07 09:15 AM Rausch Creek / RCRocs Nov 10.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys, just wanted to share some pics. We hit Rausch Creek with a couple other Xterras this weekend, and we also checked out the RCRocs rock crawling competition.

Here's my pics from the weekend.

Highlights:

I almost swamped my engine somehow... I was skirting around the edge of lake christy (water not even up to the headlights) when I hit a rock underwater or something causing a small surge of water into the engine bay. Well it turns out my airbox was not properly sealed and sucked in a bit of water (which triggered the Check Engine Light). Dave and Tom helped me take it apart and dry it out. We pulled a sparkplug to make sure no water got into the engine, but it looked fine. The funny thing is that I always carry a spare air filter, but this time I took it out of the truck and left it home, so we had to wait for my K&N to dry before we could start wheeling again. (Asking for a Volant and Snorkel from Santa)

We hit a lot of trails, my favorites being Snakebite and Trail 2.

We checked out the competition, which looked like a lot of fun for the participants.

And Dave won a Warn winch accessory kit in the raffle (Time for a winch, Dave)

CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL THE PICS

#239213 - 12/11/07 09:35 AM Re: Rausch Creek / RCRocs Nov 10.
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Great pics Anthony.. [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#239214 - 12/11/07 09:36 AM Re: Rausch Creek / RCRocs Nov 10.
Anonymous
Unregistered

There was snow out that way? I'm only 1.5 hrs away it didnt seem THAT cold..

#239215 - 12/11/07 09:38 AM Re: Rausch Creek / RCRocs Nov 10.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Snow out there, too huh? Very nice.

#239216 - 12/11/07 11:24 AM Re: Rausch Creek / RCRocs Nov 10.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome pics man!! Wish i would have been there. Looks like you guys had a GREAT time smile

#239217 - 12/11/07 03:00 PM Re: Rausch Creek / RCRocs Nov 10.
Anonymous
Unregistered

looked like fun ....nice pics [ThumbsUp]

#239218 - 12/11/07 04:26 PM Re: Rausch Creek / RCRocs Nov 10.
Anonymous
Unregistered

was it just you, dave and tom(xterra wise)? i havent seen those guys in forever. did you happen to run into dawn and mike while you were there?

#239219 - 12/11/07 07:34 PM Re: Rausch Creek / RCRocs Nov 10.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well we also met two "new" xterra wheelers there. One totally stock with steprails and mudflaps, and one with D44/leafspring SAS. (he was just there to watch the comp, but joined us for a bit on the trails to try out his truck's offroad abilities).

We did have a chance to hang out with Mike and Dawn, though both had their hands full with working the Comp.

#239220 - 12/11/07 07:59 PM Re: Rausch Creek / RCRocs Nov 10.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I almost swamped my engine somehow... I was skirting around the edge of lake christy (water not even up to the headlights) when I hit a rock underwater or something causing a small surge of water into the engine bay. Well it turns out my airbox was not properly sealed and sucked in a bit of water (which triggered the Check Engine Light). Dave and Tom helped me take it apart and dry it out. We pulled a sparkplug to make sure no water got into the engine, but it looked fine. The funny thing is that I always carry a spare air filter, but this time I took it out of the truck and left it home, so we had to wait for my K&N to dry before we could start wheeling again. (Asking for a Volant and Snorkel from Santa)
Anthony-

I had the same thing happened to me! After i went through numerous water holes, water was dripping from my stock air box. That's when i decided to do the Volant CAI with the snorkel, check it out here.

web page

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal