shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#239802 - 03/12/02 05:07 PM OBX Pictures ** Large Files **
EMT_Diver Offline

Loc: USA
Here are a few pix from my road trip from Charlotte, NC to the OBX to NY - special thanks to AWOL for all of your advice !!!

I'm only putting up links because the files are huge....

http://www.cguild.org/ben/100_0374.JPG

http://www.cguild.org/ben/100_0375.JPG

http://www.cguild.org/ben/100_0376.JPG

http://www.cguild.org/ben/100_0380.JPG

http://www.cguild.org/ben/100_0381.JPG

hope you like 'em......

#239803 - 03/12/02 05:53 PM Re: OBX Pictures ** Large Files **
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
Uh I swear I am not being a smartass but what are those big sails next to the tire.

#239804 - 03/12/02 06:24 PM Re: OBX Pictures ** Large Files **
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Great shots!!!! Makes me wanna go back out. Looks like the sand was nice and packed for driving on.

Those big "sails" next to the spare on the roof are his tread plates. Help if you are stuck in snow or sand. They are placed in front of the tires and driven up on to aid getting out of your stuck. Wonderful devices.

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#239805 - 03/12/02 06:38 PM Re: OBX Pictures ** Large Files **
EMT_Diver Offline

Right on Brad - to avoid confusion from those that feel 4 wheeling is only done on rocks - they are called sand ladders and where used on Rovers during the Camel trophy races....very cool for the sand when you are driving alone - those w/ a pullpal,shovel and come-a-long are what keep you from being stranded when you have to whell alone.....they also make an awesome base for your HiLift on the sand or in mud.

:-)

#239806 - 03/12/02 07:39 PM Re: OBX Pictures ** Large Files **
RedX Offline

"Sand Ladders"....thank you, the exact name escaped me. So I thought "tread plates" would get the idea across. wink

Where on the OBX were those pics made, particularly the second one, with your pooch in the foreground?

#239807 - 03/12/02 08:55 PM Re: OBX Pictures ** Large Files **
loopit Offline

Loc: Annapolis, MD
Those sand ladders look great. How much did you pick them up for? I just did a search and found some for $125!!! I hope that's not the usual price.

I've driven on the beach at least once a week for the past two years and haven't been stuck before (knock on wood). I've driven the X through some DEEP sand before with a lot of people and it handled great. I have the standard BFG Long Trails and never let out any air pressure in the tires. The Xterra is one awesome vehicle for the beach!

It would just be nice to have something like that to keep in the car in case a friend were to get stuck.

Jeff

#239808 - 03/12/02 08:56 PM Re: OBX Pictures ** Large Files **
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
I really like the pic with your dog. We should do a caption post with that.

"Whats this dog thinking?"

#239809 - 04/12/02 04:55 AM Re: OBX Pictures ** Large Files **
EMT_Diver Offline

Brad- Ocracoke Island was the 2nd picture.

Jeff- that's a good price actually. If you're serious about them get the steel ones. They come in 5 foot pieces. I cut mine in half, and if you double them they hold the weight of the truck which makes them useful for short bridging if needed. I have a 5' section that is Rhino coated if you are interested .....

Burg - the caption might be something like, " How long is this idiot going to make me pose THIS time for yet another picture of his truck?"

After seeing the OBX for the first time , I'll call in sick if needed for the next OBX trip w/ ENCXC !!! Well worth the trip. [Wave]

#239810 - 04/12/02 06:13 AM Re: OBX Pictures ** Large Files **
AWOL Offline

Loc: Aylett, Va
Nice pics. Glad I was some help. We took a day trip to Ocracoke and only got on the part up by the ferry. The beach has eroded alot since the last time I was there so there wasn't much driving. It got too late to go out on the other end. It was quite an interesting ferry ride back across (high winds). Glad you had a good time, wish we could have done something when you made your way up to Nags Head. Oh well, I'm hoping to make the next OBX run with ENCXC too so maybe we will meet then. I see you found some stickers laugh . Have a safe trip back home.

Steve

Oh yeah, a caption, how about - "Mans best friend my ass!! Look how many pics of that freak'n truck he has taken!!"

#239811 - 04/12/02 06:21 AM Re: OBX Pictures ** Large Files **
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
I really like the pic with your dog. We should do a caption post with that.

"Whats this dog thinking?"
I agree that pic is pretty cool.... wink

#239812 - 04/12/02 06:22 AM Re: OBX Pictures ** Large Files **
RedX Offline

The OBX trips with ENCXC are certainly worth the time. That was my first outting with the ENCXC group, and both my wife and I had a tremendous trip (now...the company is a whole 'nother matter..... wink ).

Seriously....the OBX trips with ENCXC reveal a whole lot about the history of the place (xterra_files is very knowledgeable about a lot of the area, and offers lot of insight to things that you will see. We are definately going to plan a trip for the Spring, probably around late May or so. Keep your eyes peeled.

#239813 - 05/12/02 07:24 AM Re: OBX Pictures ** Large Files **
Mosi Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally posted by emt_diver:
- they are called sand ladders and where used on Rovers during the Camel trophy races....very cool for the sand when you are driving alone
:-)
They also make excellent cheese graters laugh

#239814 - 07/12/02 11:35 PM Re: OBX Pictures ** Large Files **
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
sorry, but this thread is gonna go away in 24 hours if you dont post the pics in your first post...

Cool pics, but i have to be fair and enforce the forum rules for everyone

#239815 - 07/12/02 11:51 PM Re: OBX Pictures ** Large Files **
Mud Offline

Loc: az
Rules? About posting files instead of links? You're kidding, right? Probably not, huh?

-
c'est le vie

#239816 - 08/12/02 12:05 AM Re: OBX Pictures ** Large Files **
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
its a pain in the ass to have to click links when it would be so easy to just view to pictures.

sorry, im not kidding, i didn't originaly make the rules but i do agree with them... and while ive been lazy in the past i have been a lot more diligent lately

i would have just edited his post to show the pics, but they are also above the specified size limit(640x480)

#239817 - 08/12/02 12:13 AM Re: OBX Pictures ** Large Files **
Mud Offline

Loc: az
OK, I can see the point of view. I'll keep the rules in mind when I post parade photo links.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal