2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#240808 - 03/11/02 04:08 PM Just an FYI
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
could everyone please post pictures in this fourm

I know that may sound stupid but what im saying is DO NOT post links... don't post links to your site, don't post link to pages that contain your pictures, don't posty links to other forums on XOC... post your pictures here...

If you are wondering where a thread you started that fits the above description went, i may have already deleted it...

im gonna be cleaning up this forum over the next couple days and that means:
opening every thread,
if there is not a photo in the first post,
i will delete the thread.

i have already deleted three of mine(bad me) and 1 that pointed to the WestX forum, so this does apply to everyone.

If you have a lot of pictures to share post a couple and then include a link in the same post... that is fine.

thanks in advance, just trying to get this beast under control

#240809 - 03/11/02 07:20 PM Re: Just an FYI
Paco Pico Offline

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA
Jason,

You had better delete this topic/post...I don't see a picture! wink

#240810 - 04/11/02 08:43 AM Re: Just an FYI
Todrick Offline

smart ass laugh

seriously, it will be gone when i'm done... this forum had 22 pages when i stared... i have read 6 pages... i figure another couple days and it will be clean, and this post will be gone

#240811 - 04/11/02 09:10 AM Re: Just an FYI
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Not everyone uses a photo host that allows outside linking... Some people are only able to post a link, which surely doesnt take so much bandwidth as posting of pictures... [Geek]

#240812 - 04/11/02 09:18 AM Re: Just an FYI
Todrick Offline

it does not take as much bandwidth but dead link(the vast majority) do take up disk space and slow indexing of pages...

also there seems to be an awefull lot of pictures hosted on Superjens server... so i dont really understand the issue with finding a photo host... hell put one on jens server and then a link to the rest of them on your normal server...

I am sorry to be the bad guy here... im just enforcing the rules of this forum that have existed since day 1, I am letting some rules slide, like the post must use your screen name as its subject

#240813 - 04/11/02 10:29 AM Re: Just an FYI
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
I am sorry to be the bad guy here... im just enforcing the rules of this forum that have existed since day 1, I am letting some rules slide, like the post must use your screen name as its subject
Thanks for the FYI and doing the clean up! I have to ask this question though. Where are the rules? I did not see rules for posting pictures in TOS or in "owners club gallery" or in "pictures" or in FAQ.
I'm old and getting blind and just might be missing them, but I could not find them.

Please help me out and point me to all the rules so I will not violate them
Thanks.

#240814 - 04/11/02 10:31 AM Re: Just an FYI
Todrick Offline

you are correct... not sure why but the original thread of rules is now gone... as is the rules that were posted at the top of the forum.... we cant do "sticky" threads so if i put them in a post they get burried...

i'll figure something out...

for now its simple...

if you start a thread, your post must contain at least 1 photo

#240815 - 04/11/02 10:50 AM Re: Just an FYI
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
Okay.

Thanks.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal