2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#242993 - 21/10/03 08:16 PM Recent pics of x
Anonymous
Unregistered

I still had my running boards on this one, but in the next 3 i took them off. I like it a lot more, it feels much taller.

#242994 - 21/10/03 08:41 PM Re: Recent pics of x
Robert C. Offline

Loc: Alabama
What's your 10-20 in those pics?

#242995 - 22/10/03 04:06 PM Re: Recent pics of x
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert C.:
What's your 10-20 in those pics?
There is an old powerline maintainance road behind Brookwood Medical Center in Birmingham. The road trail is short and not challenging, but it has an awesome view of Samford university, and at night its awesome. You go up 31 from lakeshore parkway towards vestavia. Take the first exit right when you go over the over pass up to an overpass over 31 and take your first right. I think it is independance road or something and if you drive along that road a couple hundred yards you can see a trail on the left cutting up through the kudzu.

#242996 - 22/10/03 04:09 PM Re: Recent pics of x
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry, after i read that i realized how ambiguous it was. Take the first exit on your right just as you loop around and get up onto 31 from lakeshore. There is an exit on your right that takes you up the hill to an overpass that crosses 31. take a left and cross over 31 and then take the right on independance. sorry :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#242997 - 23/10/03 10:59 AM Re: Recent pics of x
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Is it legal to off-road there or is it considered trespassing?

It looks like either the road is overgrown or you are traveling off the road and driving on those plants. The people at treadlightly might not like you posting those pics here. Just a warning.

#242998 - 23/10/03 02:16 PM Re: Recent pics of x
Anonymous
Unregistered

Take off the mud flaps (if it's legal) and it will look taller also. I think it does atleast.

#242999 - 23/10/03 04:04 PM Re: Recent pics of x
pseacraft Offline

Loc: Nashua, NH & LOS
Kudzu is a very nasty imported plant that is considered environmental damaging. It was imported to use as a ground cover after highway construction after WWII. It is however, extremely invasive and is taking over vast amounts of southern land by choking out the native plants to include trees. Very few herbicides are/have been effective in controling this nightmare.

He would probably get a medal for killing any of it from the Serria Club, the EPA and USDA. IT's very tough and nearly human resistant.

#243000 - 23/10/03 08:02 PM Re: Recent pics of x
Anonymous
Unregistered

well i am only driving on the roads already in place. This is just a short trail to allow the power company to reach the huge power poles visible in a couple of the pictures. you arent trampling on any kudzu to speak of if you stay on the trail.
ps. i was gonna take off my mudflaps, but the screws are very unaccessable. Any ideas? confused

#243001 - 26/10/03 07:01 AM Re: Recent pics of x
soontobeX'ed Offline

Loc: bham, al
weird, i didnt think ANYTHING was back there

#243002 - 26/10/03 12:39 PM Re: Recent pics of x
Biohazard Offline

Loc: Rogers AR
Quote:
Originally posted by jack:
well i am only driving on the roads already in place. This is just a short trail to allow the power company to reach the huge power poles visible in a couple of the pictures. you arent trampling on any kudzu to speak of if you stay on the trail.
ps. i was gonna take off my mudflaps, but the screws are very unaccessable. Any ideas? confused
Take off the tires or use a shorter screwdriver.

#243003 - 26/10/03 01:33 PM Re: Recent pics of x
BhamX Offline

Loc: Birmingham, AL
im gonna have to head up that trail and check it out, i usually go out to the hoover met, any bama x owners go out there?

#243004 - 26/10/03 01:35 PM Re: Recent pics of x
BhamX Offline

Loc: Birmingham, AL
im gonna have to head up that trail and check it out, i usually go out to the hoover met, any bama x owners go out there?

#243005 - 26/10/03 03:33 PM Re: Recent pics of x
Anonymous
Unregistered

To get the mud flaps off you are going to need a socket wrench, a screw driver, and an open ended wrench. The easiest way is to take off the tires but, that is a pain in the a$$. I toughed it out and managed to get them off. On the front, you can turn the tires to make it a bit easier. The only thing I don't like are the holes that are left behind.

#243006 - 26/10/03 07:51 PM Re: Recent pics of x
Anonymous
Unregistered

I used to go out to the met all the time in my friends cars. I only have 2 wheel drive. If you go in and cross the little creek and go to the left to that huge massive rut, my buddy had a jeep wrangler with a 9 inch lift and we would drive through that no problem at all, then my other friend tried in a z71 with mudtires and all and got swamped, had to get out through the windows. The jeep towed him laugh

By the way, dont have too big of expectations about that little trail, it isnt challenging or even long for that matter.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal