shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#243842 - 04/06/04 07:51 AM Something wicked this way comes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Spend the holiday weekend camping and horseback riding at Lake Glendale near Golconda, Illinois. Police called the campsite and told the owner to warn the campers that they might want to pack up shop because something nasty was on its way. Tornado sirens were going off and right after this picture was taken the sky went black and a wicked old storm clobbered the area pulling really big trees out from their roots.

#243843 - 04/06/04 09:20 AM Re: Something wicked this way comes
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Are your taillights blacked out or is it just too dark to see? I'd love to see a tornado in person, not too close obviously. Definitely taking a trip to Tornado Alley someday!

#243844 - 04/06/04 10:59 AM Re: Something wicked this way comes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
Are your taillights blacked out or is it just too dark to see? I'd love to see a tornado in person, not too close obviously. Definitely taking a trip to Tornado Alley someday!
Dude I live in Tornado Alley, look me up if you ever get this way. I have only heard the sirens once and that was for winds above 80 mph. Blew a car right over.

#243845 - 04/06/04 11:23 AM Re: Something wicked this way comes
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the brush guards on my tails. They're not blacked out. It was just getting nasty out and dark. I live near Plainfield, IL which is our tornado alley and have seen plenty of my share of the natural disasters...thank you. Took a trip last year down to Springfield for a bowling tournament and saw one come right down out of the sky next to us, cross the highway behind us, and then turn into three little ones. Took out a farmhouse and then went back up into the sky. Jumped out of the truck and watched the whole thing. No wind, no rain, and no fear (unfortunately no camera). Was the coolest experience!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal