shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#245560 - 02/10/06 08:35 PM Mt Washington
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
I finally got to go up Mt Washington this past weekend. When we got there they said the summit was closed due to snow and ice from the day before. Luckily, when we got about half way up we found out that they decided to open the road to the summit. Thank God, that was the whole point of going!

I was able to record the drive down by mounting my video camera to the Loadwarrior-

The Video

#245561 - 02/10/06 09:13 PM Re: Mt Washington
Anonymous
Unregistered

watch the video at that speed ade it look like your whipping down that hill...nice video and pics I cant bielieve that those roads are for 2 way traffic.

#245562 - 02/10/06 09:33 PM Re: Mt Washington
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great pics! Love the video!! [ThumbsUp]

#245563 - 02/10/06 09:59 PM Re: Mt Washington
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp]

#245564 - 02/10/06 10:26 PM Re: Mt Washington
Anonymous
Unregistered

BigE515 - nice pics and very nice rig. Great video. Reminds me of an adventure I took way back when I had hair, abs and no kids or a wife=NO RESPONSIBILITY. LOL. I went to school at University of Hartford (CT). A bunch of buds and I decided to do a hike to the top of MT. Washington in mid September. Around 1986 I think-before electricity. Before we knew anything about climbing or human rock crawling. Just after making it above the tree line, we took pictures of each other next to a sign that said basically: "you are at the most dangerous meteorological intersection of North America...turn back at any sign of changing weather conditions...many have died even during the summer do to rapidly changing weather conditions...freezing rain and snow are common all year long..." It was sunny and 70 or so. We laughed at the sign, toked up and continued on our way. By the time we got to where your first picture was taken-we hiked for a hour through a snow storm. The temperature was now in the 20's. None of us had any real appropriate shells or warm clothes. I had no idea that there was a major meteorological station there. I had no idea that there was a tourist trap there. I had no idea that you could drive up there. I was really pissed when I saw people buying bumper stickers saying "their car climbed Mt. Washington." I thought it would be a narrow peak like K2 or Everest. What did I know. Those big antenna in the back ground of your truck-when I last saw them, there were icicles that were growing out horizontally because of the 80 mph wind. LOL. Needless to say-we got a ride down to the bottom of mountain. A week or two later, some one froze to death on Jefferson Peak.

PS-I just watched your video. What a pisser. I returned there years later during the summer. This time we drove up and coasted our bikes down from the top. Talking about fore arm pump. LOL [drink] [drink]

#245565 - 03/10/06 06:12 AM Re: Mt Washington
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great pics and video (that music was perfect with the sped up vid hahah)

It vaguely reminds me of videos of Deal's Gap.

#245566 - 03/10/06 06:51 AM Re: Mt Washington
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Made a slideshow as well more pics laugh

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal