2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#250050 - 30/12/03 07:53 PM Got another toy today
chucka Offline

Loc: Arlington Texas
1996 Miata M Edition
Makes my X look HUGE

#250051 - 30/12/03 08:31 PM Re: Got another toy today
dlg1333 Offline

Loc: N Little Rock, Arkansas
Chucka, you are a wise and lucky man. I envy the sh*t out of you right now. I had a '95 black and tan miata LS before i got my X. I had more fun in that car than in any other vehicle. Well, seeing that I'm only 19 and the X is my second vehicle, that's not all that big of a stat. But it was a lot more fun than the '95 5.0 Mustang GT that my buddy had, and let me drive. Sadly the miata is no longer with me. Eventually, I would like to have another, maybe one of the 302 V8 "monster miata's." But, I may have to buy a "classic" when I eventually can buy one as a second car. Have you see the concept Ibuki that is supposed to resemble the next gen miata? It's a damn shame that they're gonna do something like that to an automotive icon.

#250052 - 30/12/03 08:59 PM Re: Got another toy today
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your X IS huge beside that tiny car.

I sat in one when I went shopping for a truck ( I looked at a Mazda Tribute ) I could barely fit in it. But they are fun to drive. Specially on warm summer nights.

I guess Santa was feeling generous with you this year smile

#250053 - 30/12/03 09:37 PM Re: Got another toy today
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by chucka:
1996 Miata M Edition
Makes my X look HUGE
laugh Miata's and Xterra's are good stable mates (I have a '92 Classic Redd).

I love it - if I drive one exclsivly for a week or so, then get in the other vehicle it's like re-discovering it all over again. Used Miata's are cheap and fun - I still can't believe I didn't own one when I lived in San Diego [Freak]

Be sure you look up your local Miata club ( http://www.miata.net click on clubs) Miata owners are even more fanatical than Xterra owners smile

#250054 - 31/12/03 07:06 AM Re: Got another toy today
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
I know the feeling, the people that just moved in next door have a Mini Cooper and a stock, low end Jeep wrangler, between my X and the wifes Ranger those two look like kids toys!

Not a big fan of the Miata, but congrats on the new ride!

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#250055 - 31/12/03 04:22 PM Re: Got another toy today
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
Congrats on a fun car.

I'll agree with DocNo. The Miata is a whole new fun that you just can't get in the Xterra. We've got an unwritten rule in our family concerning the Miata and its top: "If it's above 55 degrees and not raining the top goes down, no excuses."

Have fun with it!

#250056 - 01/01/04 01:21 PM Re: Got another toy today
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not to barge in on the Miata parade (which is an excellent car), but I thought I would post my own fun car pic, a 1988 Alfa Romeo Spider, looking even punier next to the Xterra:

And the full stable:

Apologies for the crappy image quality - I'm currently researching new cameras.

Congratulations on the new toy! It's already been said, but each time you hop into one or the other the experience will be that much more rewarding.

Cheers!

#250057 - 09/01/04 11:17 PM Re: Got another toy today
Anonymous
Unregistered

not a fan of the miata, but i have a 90 rx-7 convert. and i like the rx-8s

#250058 - 10/01/04 08:40 PM Re: Got another toy today
uncwmusca Offline

Loc: Wilmington
When I see Miata's, I think of Corky Romano.

#250059 - 11/01/04 10:17 AM Re: Got another toy today
Anonymous
Unregistered

haha! me too.
but, i do want to get one as a dedicated track car. they kick ass on the track.

#250060 - 12/01/04 03:39 PM Re: Got another toy today
Excelagator Offline

Loc: Wisconsin...The show me how to...
My wife and I met for dinner after work. She traded keys with me. I was sitting her 99AE Miata at a light and her in the X beside me. It was cool because the X looked HUGE

BTW guys Miatas are very safe and reliable sport cars. I researched the hell out of it, believe me. The Miata was rated to be the best handling sports under 30,000 a few years ago. Have fun with your new toy! [Wave]
Dan

#250061 - 12/01/04 04:39 PM Re: Got another toy today
Snoopy Offline

In a Miata you look up at motorcyclists and mopeds.

#250062 - 12/01/04 05:07 PM Re: Got another toy today
DocNo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Snoopy:
In a Miata you look up at motorcyclists and mopeds.
And that's a bad thing? Still out corner 'em cool

#250063 - 12/01/04 05:26 PM Re: Got another toy today
Anonymous
Unregistered

ahh... a miata is not going to out corner a sportbike. and if you're on a sportbike you'll notice that your head and line of site is above basicallly all cars (at least for me)

if you check out the latest EVO mag they actually do an interesting car vs. bike comparison. it's obvious that there are cars that can kick a bikes ass (due to traction, center of gravity, wind resistance ect.)... but i don't think a miata can do it. the bikes were beating BMW, ferrari and even a purpose built race car called a Radical (although not by much)

anyways, thats not the point. In the world of sport compacts, the miata kicks ass on the track laugh , i just think i'm a little too tall to be comftorable having it as a daily driver

#250064 - 12/01/04 06:27 PM Re: Got another toy today
DocNo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MiniRacer:
i just think i'm a little too tall to be comftorable having it as a daily driver
I dunno how they do it, but there are regulars on the Miata list that claim they are over 6' - most adjust the seats (or change to racing seats). I'm 5'11" and I get cramped every now and then...

And yes, they do kick ass on the track - I've had a couple of opportunities to take mine out and you get a permanent grin that lasts for a good month laugh

#250065 - 13/01/04 11:55 AM Re: Got another toy today
puffdc Offline

Loc: NOR CAL
just a thought, aren't miata's the "official" gay vehicle of choice??? correct me if i'm wrong...
anywho, just thought i'd share that with you wink

#250066 - 13/01/04 02:20 PM Re: Got another toy today
Snoopy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by dirty dee:
aren't miata's the "official" gay vehicle of choice???
No, you must be confused; that award goes to the Solar Yellow Xterra laugh

#250067 - 14/01/04 06:01 PM Re: Got another toy today
Excelagator Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by dirty dee:
just a thought, aren't miata's the "official" gay vehicle of choice??? correct me if i'm wrong...
anywho, just thought i'd share that with you wink
Nope! New Volkswagen Bettle and any BMW that is owned by a single guy wink

What sold me on the Miata is what on found on the web. I cant find it so I'll explain:

A miata owner was merging on to a freeway. He was looking at the traffic he was meging into and not where he was going. It so happens he rear-ended a completely stopped dump truck at 55 MPH. He totalled the Miata of course, but limped away from the crash with a only a broken ankle.

We bought our 99 anniversary edition new. We have had 0 problems and loved every minute. They are cheap to run and parts are fairly cheap also. Yes Miatas are underpowered by some sport car standards. I do know this "what it lacks in horsepower, makes up in handling"

#250068 - 14/01/04 09:09 PM Re: Got another toy today
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Very fun cars with great handling. Doesn't the stock exhaust tone impress you? There is a good engine in that car, if you let it breath better you will see big results. It responds well to small mods. My dad is 6'2" and he drove my sisters and was comfortable. They are going to be putting the rotary in the Miata in a couple of years. They had plans for a new RX-7, but they cancelled it and decided to beef up the Miata. Check out :

Mazda Speed

In Japanese, but you might find some interesting stuff

#250069 - 15/01/04 03:32 AM Re: Got another toy today
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
I bought my Maita new in 1990. Great car but I was just to damn tall(6'4") for it but loved it anyways! Always had the top down and looked over the roof line to drive! The 1.6 liter motor always had enough power to be fun. I never did any "mods" to it! Never had any problems with it. Sold it in 1995 with 36k on it!

-Rick

#250070 - 15/01/04 04:53 PM Re: Got another toy today
chucka Offline

Loc: Arlington Texas
i'm enjoying every minute of it so far. i'm actually driving it more than the x right now. i'll post pics after my first few mods smile

#250071 - 15/01/04 08:26 PM Re: Got another toy today
Anonymous
Unregistered

The mazada miata is the 2nd gayest car.(read it in some magzine he said) i dont know what #1 is but my friends dad didnt get one because of that. its a cool car and all but there are others id take before it.

#250072 - 16/01/04 03:12 AM Re: Got another toy today
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Quote:
Originally posted by blackjackbender:
The mazada miata is the 2nd gayest car.(read it in some magzine he said) i dont know what #1 is but my friends dad didnt get one because of that. its a cool car and all but there are others id take before it.
That is the stupidest fucking reason for NOT getting a car!!!

It's a cool car plain and simple! I don't give a fuck who drives it! mad

-Rick

#250073 - 16/01/04 08:37 AM Re: Got another toy today
Excelagator Offline

Quote:
Our Miata is equipped with a 6 speed transmission, Sport tuned suspension with Bilsteins, rear end has a thorsion diff. All of this is factory. The car is very quick and handles very well. I think it is a very smart choice for a dependable day to day sports car with a rag top. Also our last road trip we got 34.7 MPG! I do believe the Miata (all years)is one of the best cars to ever come from Japan. I guess you could say my Xterra is gay because 80% are owned by women in my area?
eek
Dan

#250074 - 16/01/04 10:18 AM Re: Got another toy today
Close1 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally posted by Excelagator:
Quote:
[b]The mazada miata is the 2nd gayest car.(read it in some magzine he said) i dont know what #1 is but my friends dad didnt get one because of that. its a cool car and all but there are others id take before it.
Our Miata is equipped with a 6 speed transmission, Sport tuned suspension with Bilsteins, rear end has a thorsion diff. All of this is factory. The car is very quick and handles very well. I think it is a very smart choice for a dependable day to day sports car with a rag top. Also our last road trip we got 34.7 MPG! I do believe the Miata (all years)is one of the best cars to ever come from Japan. I guess you could say my Xterra is gay because 80% are owned by women in my area?
eek
Dan[/b]
[LOL] [Argue] [LOL]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal