2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#250665 - 16/04/08 10:08 PM My own sliders, still kind of r&d stage.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ive decided to change the design by shortening the struts between the bottom bar and the frame which would put the bar directly under the pinched body seam. This would allow more distributed support along the entire length of the bar rather then placing all the stress on the two mounting plates and where those plates attach to the frame.
As it is now the two struts are under the seam and should a hard hit occur they would most likey bend that seam where they hit.
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3189/2379493900_8e8a6b4de2.jpg?v=0[/img]
They are mostly tacked on here with series of short welds. Bolted to the frame uncoated.
After cutting them apart the bevel will be faced to the bottom the way most people seem to like them, originally they were just there for extra clearance from the body, that clearance will not be needed after relocation.

I'm also going to add a step rail to provide side protection and access to the roof.
Undecided as to how far it should stick out.
My wife wants me to use round tube for that but I decided to use square as I have no tube bender as yet. The design in mind looks good in my head but we will have to wait and see how it looks IRL.

#250666 - 17/04/08 06:27 AM Re: My own sliders, still kind of r&d stage.
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Looking pretty good... [ThumbsUp]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal