2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#253631 - 12/03/06 10:03 AM 18 dollar upgrade. everyone should do it...!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I finally managed to get a comparison done on my white eurodesignz bulbs with a friend and here they are. Everyone should get them. The bulb sizes are 863 for the fog on a 2003 and 9007 on the front lights. total cost was 18 for all 4 bulbs on ebay. Check it out. It is the eurodesignz brand. I had the front ones on for a year and so far no problems. It also looks blusih during the day as well with the bulbs being blue colored and reflecting off the sides.
Oh and yeah, they are definitely street legal, and not too blueish like some cars have. Asked my neighbour who is a cop. wink

#253632 - 12/03/06 12:09 PM Re: 18 dollar upgrade. everyone should do it...!
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Looks good.. [ThumbsUp]

#253633 - 12/03/06 07:10 PM Re: 18 dollar upgrade. everyone should do it...!
Anonymous
Unregistered

how do they compare to the silverstars?

#253634 - 13/03/06 06:22 AM Re: 18 dollar upgrade. everyone should do it...!
Anonymous
Unregistered

silverstars are really white and that's it I think... no bluish tint to them...they are more expensive as well... I like the cheap price and color...

#253635 - 13/03/06 06:33 AM Re: 18 dollar upgrade. everyone should do it...!
Anonymous
Unregistered

i like my silver stars. they dont seem to last very long tho. im on my 2nd set.

#253636 - 13/03/06 06:38 AM Re: 18 dollar upgrade. everyone should do it...!
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
I've had my Silver Stars for over 2 years now. [ThumbsUp]

Oh ya, nice pic! laugh Looks much better than the stock "brown" headlights!

#253637 - 14/03/06 07:06 PM Re: 18 dollar upgrade. everyone should do it...!
Jimi James Offline

Loc: North Vancouver, BC
Looks good!

BTW, how exactly did you get the fog bulbs out? I have one burnt out and I bought a replacement but I can't seem to remove the old bulb without using what seems like excessive force and snapping something. Is there a trick?

#253638 - 14/03/06 07:38 PM Re: 18 dollar upgrade. everyone should do it...!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimi James:
Looks good!

BTW, how exactly did you get the fog bulbs out? I have one burnt out and I bought a replacement but I can't seem to remove the old bulb without using what seems like excessive force and snapping something. Is there a trick?
No trick really. I just used a tool to clamp it and just turned. It was easier than using bare hands, so you could try that. smile

#253639 - 15/03/06 08:03 PM Re: 18 dollar upgrade. everyone should do it...!
Anonymous
Unregistered

well, i blew another silverstar out tonight. i think im gona try something different. besides the eurodesgin bulbs, has anyone else tried anything different? ive had the PIAA extreme white's before in my old truck, but they are almost $70 a pair [Freak] i love the whiteness of the silverstars, but they are like $20/ea and only seem to last a few months for some reason. no, i have never touched the bulb. and the driver side one blew, so i'll just pull my intake and clean it when i replace it to make it easier. the filter needs cleaned anyway.

#253640 - 16/03/06 04:19 AM Re: 18 dollar upgrade. everyone should do it...!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was reading the other day and came across a reveiw of many of the "white " bulbs out there and the GE Nighthawk's were the only ones that actually offered any advantage (other than appearance)over stock.
Just an interesting bit to throw in here.

#253641 - 16/03/06 05:05 AM Re: 18 dollar upgrade. everyone should do it...!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by zuzuman03:
well, i blew another silverstar out tonight. i think im gona try something different. besides the eurodesgin bulbs, has anyone else tried anything different? ive had the PIAA extreme white's before in my old truck, but they are almost $70 a pair [Freak] i love the whiteness of the silverstars, but they are like $20/ea and only seem to last a few months for some reason. no, i have never touched the bulb. and the driver side one blew, so i'll just pull my intake and clean it when i replace it to make it easier. the filter needs cleaned anyway.
I have had mine for 1 year so far and no issues..

#253642 - 20/03/06 03:19 PM Re: 18 dollar upgrade. everyone should do it...!
Anonymous
Unregistered

wear cotton or latex gloves when installing your light bulbs. The oil from your skin gets on the bulbs which lead to premature failure.

#253643 - 20/03/06 03:22 PM Re: 18 dollar upgrade. everyone should do it...!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave D:
wear cotton or latex gloves when installing your light bulbs. The oil from your skin gets on the bulbs which lead to premature failure.
i know i know. so i got another set of silverstars. i replaced the one that blew and left the other one in. that way i have a spare when the pass. side decides to blow.

#253644 - 20/03/06 03:52 PM Re: 18 dollar upgrade. everyone should do it...!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by lifeinthesouth:
I was reading the other day and came across a reveiw of many of the "white " bulbs out there and the GE Nighthawk's were the only ones that actually offered any advantage (other than appearance)over stock.
Just an interesting bit to throw in here.
I believe you are referring to Consumer Reports.

Consumer Reports did a bunch of tests measuring the intensity of the lights and distances comparing stock halogen lights to the after market units.

Their conclusion:

"Our tests showed that while they do yield whiter-looking light, premium aftermarket halogen bulbs don’t offer a consistent performance advantage over original equipment bulbs, and they can perform worse. Much of a headlight’s distribution of light is dictated by its reflector and lens, factors that remain unaffected by changing the bulb. And the combination of higher cost and some manufacturer specifications of a shorter life span than standard replacement bulbs add up to increased costs."

#253645 - 21/03/06 08:41 AM Re: 18 dollar upgrade. everyone should do it...!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by srpage:

Their conclusion:

"Our tests showed that while they do yield whiter-looking light, premium aftermarket halogen bulbs don’t offer a consistent performance advantage over original equipment bulbs, and they can perform worse. Much of a headlight’s distribution of light is dictated by its reflector and lens, factors that remain unaffected by changing the bulb. And the combination of higher cost and some manufacturer specifications of a shorter life span than standard replacement bulbs add up to increased costs."
Good info - thanks for posting.

#253646 - 21/03/06 10:51 AM Re: 18 dollar upgrade. everyone should do it...!
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Also - the wavelength of the light has disadvantages...blue light is going to provide very poor illumination when its raining or foggy...amber or yellow is better for those conditions.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal