2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#255862 - 30/12/03 07:37 AM Christmas in the X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Some pics from our Christmas trip. It was so slippery/muddy! Not sure if better tires would've done the trick but I sure wish I had them that day. It was the first time I've gotten stuck so chalk it up to a learning experience. Enjoy.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=3349806&uid=1571656&members=1

#255863 - 30/12/03 08:09 AM Re: Christmas in the X
R&R LOPEZ Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs (Security)
Man does that phot seem so familier (sorry Ivan)
laugh photo

FEAR NO ONE
RESPECT ALL

Life is but a Dream, Live it to its fullest!!!

#255864 - 30/12/03 08:29 AM Re: Christmas in the X
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by OhioXterra:
Some pics from our Christmas trip. It was so slippery/muddy! Not sure if better tires would've done the trick but I sure wish I had them that day. It was the first time I've gotten stuck so chalk it up to a learning experience. Enjoy.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=3349806&uid=1571656&members=1
[/Q UOTE]

How the hell did you get out? Was there another vehicle with you?

#255865 - 30/12/03 08:45 AM Re: Christmas in the X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Freinds tractor got me out. Luckily, we weren't very far into the woods so he was able to get to us no problem.

#255866 - 30/12/03 09:02 AM Re: Christmas in the X
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by OhioXterra:
Not sure if better tires would've done the trick but I sure wish I had them that day. It was the first time I've gotten stuck so chalk it up to a learning experience. Enjoy.

[/URL]
Don't feel too bad, I've gotten stuck many of times, luckily I allway's had other 4x4's riding with me...I'm still running the Crappy Grabber's tires...and all-terrain tires will definetely make a diferrence..traction-wise...you probably would have made that trail with some All-terrains...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#255867 - 31/12/03 10:29 AM Re: Christmas in the X
Anonymous
Unregistered

How much work does disconnecting the swaybar entail? How is it done? Is this something that you do only when off roading or a permanent thing? I'll search for answers to all three if you don't feel like answering but since it came up....

Thanks alot for the advice btw.

#255868 - 31/12/03 11:45 AM Re: Christmas in the X
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by OhioXterra:
How much work does disconnecting the swaybar entail? How is it done? Is this something that you do only when off roading or a permanent thing? I'll search for answers to all three if you don't feel like answering but since it came up....

Thanks alot for the advice btw.
Removing the rear is simple and takes 10 minutes or less. Many people here - myself included - removed it and left it off permanently. I'll probably put it back on next time I tow something really heavy - but otherwise it's not noticeable.

It makes a much BIGGER difference offroad to remove the front sway - but that is apparently more of a PITA (I haven't done it yet) and is NOT safe for driving on streets.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal