2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#258278 - 20/01/05 12:42 PM Brake Question
jerseydevi1 Offline

Loc: Yorktown, VA USA
What are those little cup-looking plunger things in the caliper called? And does anyone know if I can get the seperately, or do I have to buy the whole caliper?

Long story short, I was replacing the brake pads, and had the pin that holds the tension get stuck. When I asked my genius friend to get it out while I adjusted the lighting, he grabbed the plunger with the vice and bent it so it isn't quite round, and now I get a little brake fluid out from there.

So, I'd rather replace the plungers instead of the whole deal...any ideas?

p.s. I've already checked the local junkyards with no luck yet.

#258279 - 20/01/05 01:07 PM Re: Brake Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I understand what you are describing, those are the caliper pistons.

I believe with most vehicles they can be replaced separately as part of a brake rebuild kit.

Another thing you will want to watch out for is pressing the brake pedal when the caliper is off of the rotor. That can make the pistons come out completely mad

Not sure if this is what you need but you can give these guys a call. On the website, look up your year, etc and check under brakes. I think the "wheel cylinder" is what you need.

web page

I hope that helps!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal