shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#258422 - 04/02/02 03:51 PM lift question
pinoy Offline

Loc: TinleyPark, IL.
Was talking with a co-worker about lifts and he says "the rule of thumb is for every 1 inch you raise the vehicle you need to widen or go out with your tires by 2 inches, just look at the monster trucks and see how wide there wheel base is". My question is, is this really true? Even if you are going to only lift 3". Would the X be noticeably top heavy with a 3" lift and stock tires? Would the danger factor on trail runs and highway crosswinds be high for tipping over? Sorry if this has been covered before.

#258423 - 04/02/02 04:01 PM Re: lift question
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by pinoy:
Was talking with a co-worker about lifts and he says "the rule of thumb is for every 1 inch you raise the vehicle you need to widen or go out with your tires by 2 inches...

Heh. Not true as far I know - so if I do a 3" lift I should get tires that make it 6" wider? Hmmm...If I did that I would need another 12" of lift to get my truck so it could go over small bumps with out ramming the tires into the fenders.

Basically, one just needs to realize they're in a lifted vehicle and the center of gravity is a bit higher. Just make sure you don't try and corner it like a race car and you'll be fine.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal