2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#259374 - 29/06/04 12:51 PM Warning About Tire Pressure Monitoring Valve Caps
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just a warning about those Tire Pressure Monitoring Valve Caps that you can purchase at any auto parts store. Have some on my BFG AT KOs and noticed that one of them was indicating low pressure on one tire. Sure enough, PSI was way down. Used my air compressor to re-inflate tire and replaced the valve cap. When I did this, I heard a hissing sound as air was escaping from the valve cap itself. Cap was as tight as it could go. I find it ironic that the very thing I was using to detect low tire pressure appears to be the cause of the low PSI problem. Yea, yea, yea--I know...what do you expect for $10. But then again, it's still cheaper than Dexter's $230 Tirerack monitoring system recommendation.

And no, I'm not running 36 PSI on my tires (per the picture).

-dp [Smoking]

#259375 - 01/07/04 11:40 AM Re: Warning About Tire Pressure Monitoring Valve Caps
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bought some also, they were also $10 at the local grocery store. Yep, took them off soon after but mostly for fear of ridicule by my coworkers. They just looked goofy and I check the air pressure pretty regular anyway.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal