2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#259380 - 24/04/04 01:22 PM BFgoodrich Land terrains
josebalado Offline

Loc: Oviedo, FL
I was originally going to purchase the Bfgoodrich A/T for 108 @ sams club. But i walked into walmart today and they had some Bfgoodrich Land Terrains on sale for 69.99 each. I looked really hard at them and they look allot like A/T so i went ahead and bought them. Anybody ever used them or know if there any good?
why does everyone hate spammers so much, with the spam i've received i have been able to: get that PHD I have always wanted, get an enormous penis, get prescription drugs without that pesky prescription, have a russian AND japanese bride, and ive also just invested in this awesome African business! And thats just this week!

#259381 - 24/04/04 01:52 PM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
Seem like a new tire. It's not even listed on BFG's website yet. I did find the Walmart Link

How are they so far?

#259382 - 24/04/04 02:09 PM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
josebalado Offline

Loc: Oviedo, FL
So far there great (ive only had them since this morning), i put them next two my f150 that has A/T's on it, and i can't tell the differance!
why does everyone hate spammers so much, with the spam i've received i have been able to: get that PHD I have always wanted, get an enormous penis, get prescription drugs without that pesky prescription, have a russian AND japanese bride, and ive also just invested in this awesome African business! And thats just this week!

#259383 - 24/04/04 02:50 PM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
I haven't seen them either..Could you post some pics for us?

#259384 - 24/04/04 04:09 PM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
The Walmart pics:

#259385 - 24/04/04 04:26 PM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Looks like it falls right between the All Terrain and the Rugged Trail, with less shoulder tread then the Rugged Trail. $70 is dirt cheap, and I'd like to know if it's missing the 3-ply sidewall construction.

#259386 - 24/04/04 04:38 PM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
Anonymous
Unregistered

They do not have the 3-ply sidewall; the ones I've seen have p-rating, which means 2 ply all the way around. There's nothing wrong with that, though. The only radials I know of that have the 3-ply sidewalls are BFG ATs/MTs and Goodyear MT/R's. Just make sure you have road hazard warranty. They seem to be very good, and look a lot like Pro-Comp's AT when mounted.

Sounds like you got a smokin deal. I guarantee they're more than 69 bucks each in CO.

#259387 - 24/04/04 07:43 PM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
They're a Wal-Mart (and maybe Sam's) exclusive model as far as I know. I'm sure they'll make a fine OEM-replacement for street use, but I wouldn't expect them to be much off-road.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#259388 - 24/04/04 07:49 PM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
They do not have the 3-ply sidewall; the ones I've seen have p-rating, which means 2 ply all the way around.
The P rating is the speed rating, it has nothing to do with construction of the tire. They have a Q rating according to WalMart, for sustained speeds up to 100 mph (insert speed limiter thread link here).

#259389 - 24/04/04 08:15 PM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
Anonymous
Unregistered

"P" actually is not a speed rating. The "P" designates it as a passenger car tire, rather than an "LT" (light truck). An LT uses heavier construction on the tread and stiffer sidewalls and has a greater weight rating than a similar "P" tire.

Justin

#259390 - 24/04/04 10:07 PM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
XOC Offline
Admin

P is a speed rating as well. The letters M, N, P, Q, R, S, T, U, H, V, W, Y, Z and ZR are used.

The tire in question is a 31X10.50R15 advertised as a light truck tire, not a p-metric size.

#259391 - 25/04/04 09:32 AM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Quote:
[b]They do not have the 3-ply sidewall; the ones I've seen have p-rating, which means 2 ply all the way around.
The P rating is the speed rating, it has nothing to do with construction of the tire. They have a Q rating according to WalMart, for sustained speeds up to 100 mph (insert speed limiter thread link here).[/b]
I was referring to the P (passenger)load rating of the tire. The reason I did not use the terminology P-metric is because I wanted to make sure it was understood I was not talking about sizing. Besides, it did seem pretty clear that this thread was talking about construction and not speed. Isn't a "P" speed rating usually for spares?

Regardless, the LT load rating does not mean it has a 3-ply sidewall. I doubt it does at that price. I'm sure it is still an excellent tire.

#259392 - 25/04/04 10:52 PM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Snippet from somewhere on the web:

"The Land Terrain tire is designed for on and off-road performance. It is designed to deliver superb traction and control for light trucks and SUV’s. This tire is manufactured by BFGoodrich for Wal-mart. Wal-mart is the owner of the tire and administers all warranties on the Land Terrain.

If you have additional questions, please respond to this email or you may call us at 1-877-788-8899 (toll-free) between 8:30AM and 6:00PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday to allow one of our Consumer Relations Representatives to assist you.

BFGoodrich Tires
Consumer Relations Department "
-------------------------------------------------
My GoodYear AT/S 32's are riding like complete sh*t lately so I may replace them with these Land Terrains - especially for that price...and especially since offroad duties are pretty much history for my X now. frown
-------------------------------------------------

#259393 - 10/05/04 10:47 PM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
Anonymous
Unregistered

what did you think of the road performance and noise level.
thanks

#259394 - 10/05/04 11:08 PM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
johnnyx Offline
J

I just ordered a set of these (31's) for my recently converted back to mall-crawler/people-hauler. Should be here in a week or less.

I'll report my experience with 'em soon. smile

Then I'm going to take a chainsaw and some ancient chinese throwing stars to my current 32" Goodyear AT/S tires. [LOL] I think one blew a cord err something - everything wobbles like a mofo (and yes, they've been balanced a few times) and they're f'in way louder than my 32", nicely balanced, BFG Muds :rolleyes: . Did I mention I don't like them? wink

Okay - the Land Terrains - I'll let y'all know how they work. [ThumbsUp]

#259395 - 13/05/04 04:29 PM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got the Geolanders. I only drive on roads. No mudding in my X. So far so good. Lets see how they last. I think and hope the old geolanders was bad about tire life , and the new one are much better.

#259396 - 19/05/04 07:36 PM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
johnnyx Offline
J

Just had these Land Terrains put on (31's) and oh my, holy crap, they're quiet!!

For some reason WallyMart had to put on about 40 tons of weights to balance them...I kinda had a clue that one of my wheels wasn't quite right, but they confirmed it. The center hole of the rim is slightly out of center. You could see it when they ran it on the balancer...oh well. Nothing a ton of weights can't fix. [LOL]

#259397 - 20/05/04 04:12 AM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyx:
Just had these Land Terrains put on (31's) and oh my, holy crap, they're [b]quiet!!

For some reason WallyMart had to put on about 40 tons of weights to balance them...I kinda had a clue that one of my wheels wasn't quite right, but they confirmed it. The center hole of the rim is slightly out of center. You could see it when they ran it on the balancer...oh well. Nothing a ton of weights can't fix. [LOL] [/b]
been offroad with them yet?

#259398 - 20/05/04 06:34 AM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Get that wheel/tire re-balanced on a Hunter GSP9700 unit and see if they can do a better job with less weight. It will tell the operator how to orient the tire on the wheel so that the natural imbalance of the tire works to offset the flaw in the wheel so that less weight is needed.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#259399 - 20/05/04 07:16 AM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
johnnyx Offline
J

Naw, probably won't take them offroad as it's my "work car" now, but maybe some light stuff once in a while. If I do I'll let y'all know how they fare.

Yeah, I actually had the guy mounting the tire rotate it by 90-120 degrees on the rim twice to find the "sweet spot", which wasn't very sweet, but as good as it was gonna get. First three tires took 60 min of waiting (I was in line), and the last tire took nearly 2 hours.

On a side note - while waiting I chatted with this guy who was behind me for a valve stem fix - 4 weeks ago he weighed 185 - today 130. He was stabbed twice in the abdomen and robbed of $8500 in cash and 4 cartons of smokes - he's a "tabacky" distributor/owner. Could only ingest fluids for the first 3 weeks. After they stuck it to him the guy grabbed his Glock from under the seat, rolled under the van to avoid more stabbings. The 4 guys didn't give up until he put a fat one into one of the guys thighs. [ThumbsUp] They took off and were never found. Now the guy may want me to help him buy a house in Scottsdale. laugh

#259400 - 20/05/04 07:45 AM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
Anonymous
Unregistered

JohnnyX-

I'm interested in seeing what they look like on your X. Can you post a pic?

#259401 - 20/05/04 07:55 AM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
johnnyx Offline
J

Quote:
JohnnyX-

I'm interested in seeing what they look like on your X. Can you post a pic?
Gimme a few. I'm still in my underwear.

#259402 - 20/05/04 08:27 AM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
Anonymous
Unregistered

i didn't need to know that. :p

#259403 - 20/05/04 08:47 AM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
johnnyx Offline
J

I'm gonna have to get over them looking so tiny compared to the 32's... :rolleyes: Time to wash the bird doo off my fender as well.

Here ya go:

#259404 - 20/05/04 09:05 AM Re: BFgoodrich Land terrains
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's a pic of a destroyed Land Terrain. Granted, it was in Baja, but still....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal