2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#259917 - 28/01/08 09:08 PM GoodYear Wnglr Silent Armor!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well today i went to goodyear to check out the tires and im going with the silent armor 31' so well see how they go! anyone have any info on them???
Thanks,
Nik

#259918 - 30/01/08 02:55 PM Re: GoodYear Wnglr Silent Armor!!!
Joe-Nathan Offline

Loc: St. Martinville, LA
We have been putting those tires on our survey trucks for over a year now(Ford F250 4x4 and Chevy 2500 4x4). They have held up pretty good considering how we use our trucks. I understand that they weigh a little more than normal b/c of the kevlar lining. But what is a few extra pounds when you have 1k lbs of equip in the truck and are pulling a 4k lbs survey boat?

But do not have these on my X...
2011 Titan CC Pro-4x (Smoke)
"The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets." -- Will Rogers (1879-1935)

#259919 - 30/01/08 03:27 PM Re: GoodYear Wnglr Silent Armor!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had them on my X and they SUCKED. I had to go back 5 times to get them rebalanced. They finally did the speed force test and found that 2 of them were out of round. They went through 3 more trying to find 2 good ones. I now have the BFG's.

Joe-Nathan... Surveyor here too

#259920 - 30/01/08 07:41 PM Re: GoodYear Wnglr Silent Armor!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I run a set of these on my X. I'm using the stock size, 265/75/17 (or whatever comes with the 07 OR version). I absolutely love the tires. I drive a LOT in the snow, and have never had issues. I'm always blowing past people on the highway in "slick" conditions, because, well, they aren't slick for me. I have a few miles up some back roads to drive home in the snow as well, and they stick to that stuff like glue compared to any other tire i've had (I've never used the BFGs). If you look at tirerack.com's user ratings, the goodyears edge out the BFGs in a couple of categories and loose in a couple of others. The only category that had a significant difference was the ICE traction category. That was one of the tipping points for me. The other was the price - they were cheaper. The third reason I got them was that they are less popular with the offroad crowd, and would be less likely to draw attention and possibly be stolen. I highly recommend them.

#259921 - 01/02/08 06:29 AM Re: GoodYear Wnglr Silent Armor!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

They are kickass tires. Great grip. Stronger and cheaper than BFG. Tread life is much better than the old Wrangler AT/S model.

#259922 - 01/02/08 06:55 AM Re: GoodYear Wnglr Silent Armor!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had them on the '05 and really like them, however I also had issues with getting them balanced. Mostly I think because the idiots doing it (Discount and Dealer) stacked the sticky weights on top of each other and they were removed by the Calipers on the first revolution.

There's very little clearance there and I know they could have been balanced better, but I didn't care.

Would I recommend, Yes, because the Sidewalls are tough and after doing rock crawling you could hardly tell they were scuffed.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal