2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#259940 - 21/03/01 02:40 PM Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Anonymous
Unregistered

Word from Bilstein is that their shocks for stock Xterra's are available. Here are the part numbers:

Front 4x4: B46-1099-H2
Front 4x2: B46-1099-H1

Rear 4x4 & 4x2: BE3-6422-H0 (zero, not oh)

I was told cost will be about $60 ea.

Lory

------------------
Onward and Forward
or at least Onward
SCCX: http://www.sccxterra.com/

#259941 - 21/03/01 03:01 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
SkiCalif Offline

Loc: La Selva Beach, CA
They are available. I ordered mine yesterday.

Some have been valved differently(might be a different part#) for those with rear shackles and/or an ARB up front.

------------------
Patto
Silver 2001 4WD XE 3 Pak
ARB, 31" BFG AT KOs
F-Jackie

#259942 - 21/03/01 03:17 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
LJ, Thaxks for all your efforts & testing that was done by you + others from SCCX & Bilstein for helping us build a better truck.

Hopefully, Nissan will get the message and include these shocks as part of an off-road package like Toyota offers on their trucks.

About the extended length Bilstein shocks some may offer for the X, I would proceed cautiously with them because they could be generic 5100's and not specifically valued/designed for Xterra's and/or the added weight some have upfront, didn't go through the same Blistein testing process that the stock production ones did, are not really proven yet (The stock production ones are based on the prototypes that Lory/ others have been pleased with for 6+ months) Although I really hope they work out, until I see more details, actual Bilstein P/Ns, and/or feedback from real Xterra users I would be hesitate to consider them especially if Bilstein doesn't bless them.

[This message has been edited by Xtoolbox (edited 03-21-2001).]

#259943 - 21/03/01 03:35 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Anyone know what kind of differences there are between the different aftermarket brands of shocks? I don't so much mean the design or manufacturing, but what kind of ride difference is there going to be between a Bilstein, a Rancho, a Tokico, and any other brands there are? From the raves I've heard about that TRD package on the Toyota, I'd lean towards the Bilsteins. But that's all I have to go on. Anyone with good/bad experiences with one or the other? Or anyone with a lot of suspension background? I will buy something... just want to know what.

------------------
Eric Konarske & Lara, my X
'01 Solar Yellow XE 3 Pk. 4x4

#259944 - 21/03/01 09:57 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
number41 Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
I got my Bilstiens today from SLR.

2001 4x4 with shackles in the rear going on tomorrow with the new shocks.

Front: F4-B46-1099-H2
Rear (longer version): F4-B46-2126-H0

They are $65 each.

------------------
Xavier
"I invented electricity. Benjamin Franklin is the devil"

[This message has been edited by number41 (edited 03-21-2001).]

Small hands in third world countries make quality products.

#259945 - 21/03/01 10:05 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Hmm. I wonder if my local 4Wheel Parts is going to have them. I've been waiting for these to come out ever since Lory first mentioned he was testing them. I can then see if removing the rear anti-sway bar is feasible for me and that should take care of my mods for a while.

jeff

#259946 - 21/03/01 10:50 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Schludwiller Offline

Loc: Redmond,WA
Quote:
Originally posted by Xtoolbox:

Hopefully, Nissan will get the message and include these shocks as part of an off-road package like Toyota offers on their trucks.

Ha ha ha ha ha.....yeah right.

------------------
Join the Xterra Offroad Webring

2000 Aztec Red 4x4 V-6 XE-3Pak
www.xterra4x4.com

#259947 - 22/03/01 08:23 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
SkiCalif Offline

http://www.spencerlowracing.com/

------------------
Patto
Silver 2001 4WD XE 3 Pak
F-Jackie

#259948 - 22/03/01 08:54 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Xtoolbox Offline

Schlud…You sound a little cynical? FYI Nissan had been in touch with Bilstein, showing interest in offering their shocks in a factory package. "Nothing concrete, just more interest than in the past." according to a contact at Bilstein

Number41…FYI Bilstein doesn't recommend P/N F4-B46-2126-H0 for Xterra's only the ones listed in the first post. They may indeed workout? But they're designed/valued for the old Toyota 93-99 T100 Trucks and most likely won't be warranted/supported by Bilstein if installed on an Xterra. Also the Front: F4-B46-1099-H2 ones are designed/valued by Bilstein for stock Xterra's without consideration for the xtra weight of bullbars/winchs, etc.

Jeff…you should be able to purchase the production shocks from any authorized dealer including 4WP

[This message has been edited by Xtoolbox (edited 03-22-2001).]

#259949 - 22/03/01 09:57 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Anonymous
Unregistered

Schlud,
As Brian said, I talked with the R&D Manager at Bilstein, the one I dealt with for prototyping the Xterra shocks, and he's the one that told me that Nissan has been talking about offering Bilstein's in a factory package. Admittedly, at this point, it is just talk, and may never happen. But it was enough that he mentioned it to me!!

To give an idea of the testing that went into these Bilsteins, they had my X for 2-1/2 days, and put over 130 miles on it. They drove over everything from surface streets, freeways with uneven expansion joints, on a dirt trail, and through a rock quarry. When I picked it up, Lou had me drive through the rock quarry - the speed signs said 12-1/2 MPH (YES -- 12-1/2), and I took it at about 40! The speed bumps were those long ones -- about 18-24" long and about 4" high -- needless to say, the box of gear I had in the cargo area got airborne over every one, and you DEFINITELY knew you had hit a bump (after all, the X doesn't have a whole lotta suspension travel) -- but the shocks just ate the bumps up! I never felt like I lost any control, and recovery was VERY quick. It's like the shocks were begging for more!

As comparison, I took Xtoolbox's X for a quick drive across an open dirt area at Hungry Valley -- got it up to about 35 MPH. Although it felt under control, the ride was a bit jarring (he had his RS9000's set to '5'). I then drove the same area in mine, and it was quite a bit smoother ride. The Bilsteins appear also to recover alot quicker from impacts. Xtoolbox also commented that during a trail ride that same weekend, where I was driving right in front of him, it appeared that I was bouncing in my seat alot less than he felt he was.

I am XTREMELY happy with my shocks and the vast improvement in ride/control they give.

Lory J

------------------
Onward and Forward
or at least Onward
SCCX: http://www.sccxterra.com/

[This message has been edited by BlueLeader (edited 03-22-2001).]

#259950 - 22/03/01 10:10 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Schludwiller Offline

I'm not cynical about Bilstein. I'm a customer. Mine should be here tomorrow.

I'm just cynical about Nissan making an Offroad package for the Xterra. Would this be the one with the floor e-brake or the 17 inch wheels? Nissan is moving towards grocery carriers, not offroading.

You just caught me on a grumpy day. I think it would be very disingenuous for Nissan to offer an "offroad" package when using that package as intended would void most of your warranty.

It would probably come with a WAAG guard anyway.

------------------

www.xterra4x4.com

#259951 - 23/03/01 12:31 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Schludwiller Offline

Got 'em.

Should have them installed Friday or Saturday.

------------------

www.xterra4x4.com

#259952 - 23/03/01 02:58 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
number41 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Xtoolbox:
Schlud…You sound a little cynical? FYI Nissan had been in touch with Bilstein, showing interest in offering their shocks in a factory package. "Nothing concrete, just more interest than in the past." according to a contact at Bilstein

Number41…FYI Bilstein doesn't recommend P/N F4-B46-2126-H0 for Xterra's only the ones listed in the first post. They may indeed workout? But they're designed/valued for the old Toyota 93-99 T100 Trucks and most likely won't be warranted/supported by Bilstein if installed on an Xterra. Also the Front: F4-B46-1099-H2 ones are designed/valued by Bilstein for stock Xterra's without consideration for the xtra weight of bullbars/winchs, etc.

Jeff…you should be able to purchase the production shocks from any authorized dealer including 4WP

[This message has been edited by Xtoolbox (edited 03-22-2001).]

I am so far extremely impressed. I was talking to Spencer Low today and they are going with the 2126 based on testing they have done in numerous configurations, if you dont have the shackles then the 6422's are better suited to the Xterra. It was a gamble on my part that I believe paid off since they perform quite well.

I have a new post in this forum on my first impressions.

------------------
Xavier
"I invented electricity. Benjamin Franklin is the devil" smile

#259953 - 23/03/01 03:33 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Mosi Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueLeader:

As comparison, I took Xtoolbox's X for a quick drive across an open dirt area at Hungry Valley -- got it up to about 35 MPH. Although it felt under control, the ride was a bit jarring (he had his RS9000's set to '5'). I then drove the same area in mine, and it was quite a bit smoother ride. The Bilsteins appear also to recover alot quicker from impacts. Xtoolbox also commented that during a trail ride that same weekend, where I was driving right in front of him, it appeared that I was bouncing in my seat alot less than he felt he was.

I am XTREMELY happy with my shocks and the vast improvement in ride/control they give.

Lory J

The RS9000s aren't meant for going 35mph on setting 5. Maybe 3 or 4 but not 5.

------------------
2000 Silver Ice 4x4, SE
ARB Bullbar & air locker, 32" BFG Mud Terrains
PNWX webmaster
www.pnwx.net

#259954 - 23/03/01 03:35 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Mosi Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
RE: 35mph.. I meant 35mph through bumps =)

------------------
2000 Silver Ice 4x4, SE
ARB Bullbar & air locker, 32" BFG Mud Terrains
PNWX webmaster
www.pnwx.net

#259955 - 23/03/01 09:46 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
livinx Offline

Loc: Derry,NH
Mine where shipped from SLR on Wed. Can't wait to get them and install them. I'm glad to hear so many good things about them so far.

------------------

#259956 - 26/03/01 12:55 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Jackel Offline

Loc: Glendale, AZ, USA
Put my front on yesterday that I got from SLR. I like it so far, I no longer get that eXtra bump from speed bumps or pulling into my driveway. I will be able to test it more this weekend when the AZXC goes to Crown King.

------------------

#259957 - 01/04/01 05:41 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
steinism Offline

Loc: spooner street
with the rear sway bar removed, how do the bilstein's hold up on cornering when driving on road? is there much sway or does it feel as if the sway bar was still on?
looks as if there's great feedback with those who have installed them. i'm just about ready to purchase a set myself. this board is a great help on how and what to buy before doing it.

------------------
2001 silver 4x4 SE
steinism's x

#259958 - 04/04/01 12:20 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
number41 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by steinism:
with the rear sway bar removed, how do the bilstein's hold up on cornering when driving on road? is there much sway or does it feel as if the sway bar was still on?
looks as if there's great feedback with those who have installed them. i'm just about ready to purchase a set myself. this board is a great help on how and what to buy before doing it.

Both body roll and pitch are DECREASED with the Bilstiens. I removed the rear sway bar when I put them on and I think the rear end is more solid going around corners than it was stock.

I am extremely happy with my bilstiens.

------------------
Xavier
All your trail are belong to us

#259959 - 04/04/01 03:04 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
ShipRekd1 Offline

How does $69.95 sound for the stock length 4x4 Bilsteins. That is the going rate from OK Auto. I think its a few bucks more that SLR, but OK is 10 minutes from my house..so I wouldn't have to pay freight...only "Uncle Sam" (hahahaha)

Thanks

Jason

------------------
www.ec4x4e.com

#259960 - 05/04/01 09:41 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
number41 Offline

SLR charges 65.00 plus shipping so you do the math with you figure in Tax and all that.

------------------
Xavier
All your trail are belong to us

#259961 - 05/04/01 05:01 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Jackel Offline

Loc: Glendale, AZ, USA
SLR would be the only place I would buy them from.

------------------
"I can make it over any obstacle, I just might not be able to make it to the next one."

#259962 - 06/04/01 01:43 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
steinism Offline

Loc: spooner street
Quote:
Originally posted by Jackel8821:
SLR would be the only place I would buy them from.

why? OK tire is great and very helpful. have you had a bad experience with them?

------------------
2001 silver 4x4 SE
steinism's x

#259963 - 06/04/01 03:40 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
kirby34 Offline

I just got an email from them, but it brought up something I hadn't seen anyone mention before. I know they have the straight OE replacements and also some longer ones for anyone with their lift or shackles, but they also listed one for that is specially valved for someone who just wants to remove the swaybar (IE: no lift or shackles). It's the same price as the other special ones ($65).

It is my intention to remove the swaybar after I install the shocks, but I was under the impression that people were doing so with just using the "regular" $60 Bilsteins. Obviously, $10 isn't the factor here, but I'm wondering if I'd be better off going with the ones that were actually tested by Lory, etc.

jeff

------------------
"Tell a person that you're the Metatron and they stare at you blankly. Mention something out of a Charlton Heston movie and suddenly everybody is a theology scholar."

#259964 - 06/04/01 04:02 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Xtoolbox Offline

Jeff,

FYI removing the sway bars works just fine with the OE replacement Bilstein's. Lory's rear sway bar has been disconnected for sometime. For the front one just make sure you reconnect before reaching pavement.

Keep in mind that Bilstein only recommends the OE ones listed in Lory's first post for X's. Bilstein may not warrant any other model or modification with their regular lifetime deal for the original owners. Check out http://www.bilstein.com/index2.html and/or give them a call for the official line/related details.

#259965 - 06/04/01 05:02 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
kirby34 Offline

Thanks, Brian. I guess I just needed some reassurance. Heh. I'm going to order them on Monday and, hopefully, get a chance to slap them on before I head off to Texas again on the 22nd.

------------------
"Tell a person that you're the Metatron and they stare at you blankly. Mention something out of a Charlton Heston movie and suddenly everybody is a theology scholar."

#259966 - 07/04/01 09:51 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
SkiCalif Offline

Jeff...
Not sure if you are running (or plan to run) an ARB/winch up front, if you are, they have front shocks valved for that set-up. Part number is B46-1099-H0.

You able to go to Holister 5-5 for the clinic?

------------------
Patto
Silver 2001 4WD XE 3 Pak
F-Jackie

#259967 - 07/04/01 06:59 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
kirby34 Offline

Yah, I'd heard about those other specially valved ones for the fronts, but I don't have an ARB nor am I planning on installing one anytime soon. If I went offroad half as much as these other guys, I wouldn't hesitate, but right now the part of me that wants one is the vain, wanna-be-different side and I simply cannot justify its purchase like that. Heh. Swapping out the rubber and upgrading the shocks is as far as I need to go for now.

As for Hollister, I can't commit because I'm being sent off to Fort Worth again for work starting on the 24th and although I'm supposed to be back on the 4th, a couple of my previous trips had been extended, so I can't be sure I'll be here.

------------------

[This message has been edited by kirby34 (edited 04-07-2001).]

#259968 - 09/04/01 03:13 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kirby34:
It is my intention to remove the swaybar after I install the shocks, but I was under the impression that people were doing so with just using the "regular" $60 Bilsteins. Obviously, $10 isn't the factor here, but I'm wondering if I'd be better off going with the ones that were actually tested by Lory, etc.

jeff

I just ordered a set from SLR. According to the guy I talked to, the ones meant for use with the sway bar have a smaller canister to clear the sway bar. He recommended the ones meant for use without the sway bar because the smaller canister tends to heat up more under heavy use making the shocks less effective. I went for the without, but he said if I didn't like them for any reason, to just return them for the others.

------------------

#259969 - 09/04/01 10:46 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
livinx Offline

Loc: Derry,NH
Took my X offroading this past weekend for first time with bilsteins installed. They performed great. Absorbed a lot of bumps and such, nice smooth ride. Get a set now!!

------------------
2000 Silver 5spd 3pak
"Reality is what you make of it."

#259970 - 10/04/01 01:25 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Anonymous
Unregistered

The cheapest place I've found for Bilsteins is your local Autozone store. Just make sure you come in there knowing the part #'s you need because they're not that good in looking up the information for you. Price is between $50-$55 I believe. They usually don't stock them but they can definitely order them for you.

------------------

#259971 - 11/04/01 07:50 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
S.D. X Offline

Living in Southern CA I purchased my Bilsteins from ORW in El Cajon CA Paid $55.00 If you can find them for $50 I would say for anyone out there interested in getting some. JUMP on it!

S.D.X

------------------

#259972 - 13/04/01 11:30 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by S.D. X:
Living in Southern CA I purchased my Bilsteins from ORW in El Cajon CA Paid $55.00 If you can find them for $50 I would say for anyone out there interested in getting some. JUMP on it!

S.D.X

ORW's a good shop. They price matched Autozone's price for some long travel 5100's I bought for my lifted Grand Cherokee along with free shipping. I always try to support 4x4 shops instead of buying from generic chain auto stores whenever I can.

------------------

#259973 - 13/04/01 04:26 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
kirby34 Offline

Well, my set of Bilstein shocks from SLR arrived while I was at work today. Unfortunately, I may not be able to actually install them until after I get back from my 3-week banishment to Fort Worth. I wonder if the shock installing elves will visit my garage while I'm gone.

Well, at least there was one other thing I picked up and was able to "install" before leaving. Been waiting for almost a decade for it to become available again.

------------------
"A man's got to know his limitations."

#259974 - 14/04/01 07:39 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
ILUVMYX Offline

Kirby, did you end up getting the ones for use with or without the sway bar? I ended up getting the ones for without and I don't think I can even tell it's gone. I don't miss the sway bar at all. Admittedly I drive my truck like a truck. After all it is an X... not a Z.

------------------

#259975 - 14/04/01 06:24 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
kirby34 Offline

Eric, I ended up getting the same ones as you did. I originally was going to order the smaller ones and still go ahead and remove the swaybar since I was told they do the job fine, but when the guy said they were currently out of stock on those, I spent the extra $10 on the others in the hopes that I'd receive them in time to install them before going on my 3-week work trip, but they've arrived too late.

------------------
"A man's got to know his limitations."

#259976 - 14/04/01 07:13 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
ILUVMYX Offline

I'm quite certain you'll be happy with your purchase. At least I am. I admit I was a bit afraid they'd screw up the ride on-road. I thought it would be harsher over bumps. Quite the opposite. And off-road they make a huge difference. Well, I've only had them on a badly washboarded dirt road so far, but they performed way better than stock. Smooth and controlled. Oh, best of luck getting the shock fairies to put your shocks on for you while you're gone.

------------------

#259977 - 14/04/01 07:50 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
S.D. X Offline

Well the Bilsteins are on and I'll have a week to toll around on them before my next excursion with SCCX. I am stoked to get them on the trails. The stock shocks were absolutely shot @ 30K! I couldn't believe how easy I could push the rear's. The front one had horrible rebound.

Happy I made the switch.

------------------

#259978 - 15/04/01 11:18 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by S.D. X:
The stock shocks were absolutely shot @ 30K! I couldn't believe how easy I could push the rear's. The front one had horrible rebound.

They weren't shot--that's the way they're supposed to be. They're just different than the Bilsteins. I replaced mine at 5000 miles and they were the same way.

------------------

#259979 - 24/04/01 12:36 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Ruttiger Offline

Loc: NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by ShipRekd1:
How does $69.95 sound for the stock length 4x4 Bilsteins. That is the going rate from OK Auto.

I just got off the phone with OK and they weren't aware of the part # that I gave them (from the first post). I imagine since these are so new that they aren't in any print catalogue. Did you speak to anyone in particular or did you get a ballpark price on Bilsteins in general?

Either way, the guy at OK is checking on them for me right now - from my limited experience w/them so far, they seem VERY helpful.

A couple of questions for the have's:

1. Are these an easy self-install? i.e. put new shock where old shock was using existing hardware.

2. Is it BilSTEEN or BilSTINE - just something that bugs me.

Oh, and a quick thanks to all you Bilstein guinea pigs.

------------------
Ruttiger
2000 Silver Ice
SE V6 4x4 AT

#259980 - 24/04/01 03:56 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
miket Offline

Loc: big island, hi
Quote:
Originally posted by ILUVMYX:
I'm quite certain you'll be happy with your purchase. At least I am. I admit I was a bit afraid they'd screw up the ride on-road. I thought it would be harsher over bumps. Quite the opposite. And off-road they make a huge difference.

So, you find them smoother on-road?
What's the difference off-road?

Thanks,
mikeT

------------------
2001 SE 4X4
Rain+Dirt!

#259981 - 24/04/01 05:24 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
ILUVMYX Offline

Mike, they are better on and off road pretty much in the same way. They just control the suspension better. Washboard roads, rocks, and potholes don't unsettle the truck to nearly the same degree as they did with the stock shocks. Though I was concerned they would give a harsher ride on road, they didn't at all. Nice and smooth...

Ruttiger, they are a relatively easy install. No special tools needed (just a jack and some metric wrenches/sockets). I think the hardest thing I dealt with was putting the fronts on because even with the front end completely unloaded, the shocks were too long to go in without compressing them a tiny bit. But even that was easy to get around. And all the hardware you'll need is in the box.

------------------

#259982 - 26/04/01 07:35 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
ShipRekd1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruttiger:

I just got off the phone with OK and they weren't aware of the part # that I gave them (from the first post). I imagine since these are so new that they aren't in any print catalogue. Did you speak to anyone in particular or did you get a ballpark price on Bilsteins in general?

Either way, the guy at OK is checking on them for me right now - from my limited experience w/them so far, they seem VERY helpful.

A couple of questions for the have's:

1. Are these an easy self-install? i.e. put new shock where old shock was using existing hardware.

2. Is it BilSTEEN or BilSTINE - just something that bugs me.

Oh, and a quick thanks to all you Bilstein guinea pigs.

I always ask for MIke at OK Auto....he is a Sales Manager. I dont always agree with his pricing, but he can always get information. I ordered mine from SLR because OK Auto wanted to charge me freight from California to them....and I was gonna pick them up!! Something to consider!

Jason

------------------
www.ec4x4e.com

#259983 - 27/04/01 06:49 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Ruttiger Offline

Loc: NJ
Thanks ShipRekd1 I think I am going to order them from SLR today. Did you get the ones for use with or w/out the sway bar?

------------------
Ruttiger
2000 Silver Ice
SE V6 4x4 AT

#259984 - 27/04/01 08:24 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
ShipRekd1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruttiger:
Thanks ShipRekd1 I think I am going to order them from SLR today. Did you get the ones for use with or w/out the sway bar?

I got the ones to be used without the swaybar. I also have my front swaybar removed...but went with the OE replacements up front. Just got done with the install. The rear was easy, but the fronts were a pain in the A@@! They just did not want to compress. Took it for a quick spin and they certainly do make a difference..much smoother on road. Testing them off road tomorrow!

Good Luck

Jason

------------------
www.ec4x4e.com

#259985 - 28/04/01 09:33 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
ScottG Offline

Loc: Spring, TX
Does anyone have the part number for the rear shocks for use without the rear sway bar? I wrote down all of the part numbers above, but didn't see that one. Thanks

------------------

#259986 - 04/05/01 11:14 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
ChimChim Offline

Wow! The Bilsteins make a huge difference, day and night. Thanks BlueLeader! I got mine at ORW in San Diego, each one was $60 and they had them in stock. DO NOT LET ORW DO THE INSTALL! My brother had some work done at ORW on his 4Runner. They cracked his radiator fan shield and didn't tell him about it. Instead, they just superglued it back together. After he found out about it they replaced the radiator fan shield for free.

Anyhoo, I got them installed at Knights Nissan and Toyota in San Marcos. I was referred to them by a CrewCab owner on the Yahoo Xterra board. They charged me $98 labor for all four shocks and they did a great job on the install. These guys are real friendly and seem to have a lot of repeat business from their customers. They're located at 230 Pawnee in San Marcos, 760-752-9727.

The X has a much smoother turn-in and doesn't rock and pitch as much anymore. Sharp bumps seem a little more pronounced but large bumps are well absorbed. The ride seems much smoother with the Bilsteins. Nissan should really have these shocks as standard equipement instead of the springy stock ones currently used. Overall a big thumbs up and well worth the money.

------------------
2000 SE 4x4 5sp Alpine Green

#259987 - 04/05/01 11:17 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChimChim:
Overall a big thumbs up and well worth the money.

I just got mine 'cause they're yellow

------------------

#259988 - 07/05/01 05:53 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
xterra2k Offline

Loc: Cin city, Oh.
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottG:
Does anyone have the part number for the rear shocks for use without the rear sway bar? I wrote down all of the part numbers above, but didn't see that one. Thanks

Anyone?

------------------
Lance
Silver XE 3 packages

#259989 - 07/05/01 08:36 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
SkiCalif Offline

I thought there were two made for the back. One for stock height and one for those with shackles. You can call spencer low racing to confirm.

------------------
Patto
Silver 2001 4WD XE 3 Pak
w/mods

#259990 - 07/05/01 09:04 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SkiCalif:
You can call spencer low racing to confirm.

No, don't call Spencer. If you're not going to order from them it's pretty uncool to use them for information so you can order them somewhere else. That's one of the advantages of ordering from them--they know part numbers--they know what to send you.

------------------

#259991 - 07/05/01 09:43 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Xcalibur Offline

Loc: Moss Lake, Texas
Here is the stock # for the rear Bilstein's WITHOUT the sway bar and WITH the 2" Shackles.

F4-B46-2126-HO

Hope this helps!

G

------------------
G - Xcalibur and Li'l P-nut too

'01 Khaki XE-V6 4x4 3-pk
SWXC member #35

Lead, follow or get the hell out of my way!!!

'01 Khaki XE-V6 4x4 3-pk
SWXC member #35

#259992 - 08/05/01 10:45 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Quote:
Originally posted by Xcalibur:
Here is the stock # for the rear Bilstein's WITHOUT the sway bar and WITH the 2" Shackles.

F4-B46-2126-HO

Anyone know if those also work with the SLR replacement spring paks or is that a different part number? I plan to upgrade to those eventually, but do not want to buy new shocks twice. Also, do the shackles stay on when you get the new spring paks, or do the spring paks replace the shackles and go back to the stock shackles?

------------------
"got root?"
Join the Heartland Xterra Owners Club at www.hxoc.net

#259993 - 17/05/01 07:32 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Hank Offline

Loc: Tallahassee, FL
I've read all of the previous posts on where to purchase the Bilsteins, but I have not been able to find a anywhere local to buy or order these. I tried Autozone as suggested, but they can't find the part number from Bilstein in there database. I told them someone has ordered them from you (knowing no matter where the locale of the store, they share the same database), but they still couldn't find it. So is SLR the ONLY place I can get them? I was wondering if there were any place cheaper. How long did it take you guys to get the shocks once ordered from SLR?

------------------
2000 Yellow SE 4x4 5 Speed

"Never judge a person's horsepower by his exhaust."

#259994 - 17/05/01 07:35 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Hank:
How long did it take you guys to get the shocks once ordered from SLR?

They went out the same day. From there it's just a matter of shipping times.

------------------

#259995 - 17/05/01 08:32 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Guy Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca.
Quote:
Originally posted by ChimChim:
Wow! The Bilsteins make a huge difference, day and night. Thanks BlueLeader! I got mine at ORW in San Diego, each one was $60 and they had them in stock. [b]DO NOT LET ORW DO THE INSTALL! My brother had some work done at ORW on his 4Runner. They cracked his radiator fan shield and didn't tell him about it. Instead, they just superglued it back together. After he found out about it they replaced the radiator fan shield for free.

Anyhoo, I got them installed at Knights Nissan and Toyota in San Marcos. I was referred to them by a CrewCab owner on the Yahoo Xterra board. They charged me $98 labor for all four shocks and they did a great job on the install. These guys are real friendly and seem to have a lot of repeat business from their customers. They're located at 230 Pawnee in San Marcos, 760-752-9727.

Thanks dude, now I know where to go and get mine.

------------------
01 Solar Yellow SE 4x4 Auto
Guy's Xterra Pics

[This message has been edited by guy (edited 05-17-2001).]

#259996 - 17/05/01 10:56 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Hank Offline

I finally ordered my Bilsteins. I went with shox.com Their price was pretty good. It's $209 for all four with the rear shocks being the ones made for the sway bar. I went ahead and ordered the rear shocks made for no sway bar. In their computer, the part number for the rear shocks without sway bar use comes up as the Toyota T100 shocks (as mentioned in a previous post). So my total was $219...with shipping it came out to $237. Thanks for all your help guys!!!

------------------

#259997 - 22/05/01 11:29 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Hank Offline

Got my Bilsteins in and installed them with some huge help from Pford - Range Rover owner. All in all, the install was pretty simple; it took a little longer in the front as expected, but once that was taken care of, it was smooth sailing. If anyone has some $$$ to spare, you might want to look into upgrading your shocks - Bilsteins, Ranchos, etc...you'll enjoy the ride much, much, more. And take that sway bar off!!! Articulation is good, articualtion is wise...that IS if you frequent off the beaten path...

------------------

#259998 - 23/05/01 07:45 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
PFord Offline

Loc: Tallahassee, FL, US
Quote:
Originally posted by Hank:
Got my Bilsteins in and installed them with some huge help from Pford - Range Rover owner.

Huge help?? All I did was provide a garage and tools. Once we figured out that Nissan was smarter than we thought (welded nut of front rear shock bracket) it was pretty smooth sailing.

Eat your wheaties before attempting this install though as the Bilsteins can be tough to compress by hand if you're not a hulking figure like me.

-P

------------------
1991 Range Rover
1986 BMW 325
Potential Unimog owner

#259999 - 23/05/01 09:25 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Ag_xterra Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
i ordered my bilstein shocks using the given part numbers above, longer rear shock for shackle and stiffer shock up from for an authorized bilstein dealer. if you have the part numbers they should be able to get them from bilstein direct somehow. if you have a friend who deals with them direct you'll get a better price also.

------------------
Silver Ice Xterra Xe
4x4 auto 3pk

#260000 - 23/05/01 11:48 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Hank Offline

Hulking? You Range Rover guys sure aren't humble...

------------------

#260001 - 23/05/01 02:09 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
pepper kay Offline

Loc: TX
I just got mine today direct from SLR ... ordered 'em last Friday, UPS dropped them off this morning ...

Installing tomorrow and impressions to follow ...

------------------
Pepper Kay

#260002 - 24/05/01 01:40 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
pepper kay Offline

They're installed and now have about 100 miles on them ...

Roll and pitch control are substantially improved and rebound recovery is tremendous ...

No more going up and down, up and down after running over a big bump or railroad tracks ...

These are the shocks that Nissan should have put on in the first place ...

Thanks to Lory and others who served as guiena pigs for testing ...

------------------
Pepper Kay

[This message has been edited by pepper kay (edited 05-25-2001).]

#260003 - 30/05/01 09:22 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Al_in_NY Offline

Loc: western NY
This thread is getting a bit long, but I think it's worth it to say thanks! I've got my Bilstein's on and it was well worth it. Thanks to the original Xterra owner who pursued this, and thanks to all of you who have posted your experiences with the Bilstein shocks!

------------------
Al

#260004 - 30/05/01 01:45 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Hank Offline

Long, but helpful...that's what XOC is all about!!! Not the long part

------------------

#260005 - 30/05/01 03:47 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
pepper kay Offline

I now have 1,000 miles on the new shocks and my impressions are the same as after the first 100 ...

Great shock ... wished Nissan did them as OEM, but glad that Bilstein saw fit to do them and SLR and list members participated in the fine tuning ...

Thanks one and all ...

------------------
Pepper Kay

#260006 - 12/06/01 02:01 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
RanchoRed Offline

Loc: Toledo, Ohio
Rancho release thier RSX shocks for the stock 4WDXterra in February. The part numbers are;

Front; RSX17123
Rear: RSX17124

The lifted Xterra kit utilizes RS9000's or RS5000's.

------------------

#260007 - 12/06/01 07:24 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Mike Holmes Offline

Loc: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Quote:
Originally posted by RanchoRed:
Rancho release thier RSX shocks for the stock 4WDXterra in February. The part numbers are;

Front; RSX17123

I hope you're paying for all the advertising you're doing on XOC these days.

------------------
Mine:'01 Solar Yellow XE w/ lots of toys
Hers:'01 Super Black XE, 99% stock.
Urban Assault Xterra.com :Updated 5.22.01

#260008 - 12/06/01 08:21 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
anderair Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
Quote:

Front; RSX17123

Ranchored,

Do you actually have or at least have an interest in the Xterra? If so, welcome. However, if you are posting to sell more Rancho's, find another forum. People participate here because they value the experiences and recommendations of other fellow X'ers. You aren't adding much besides "Buy Rancho". It's still early in your posting career - perhaps I have misjudged you. Prove me wrong.

Perhaps you would care to join in some of our conversations in the ALR. I'm sure there are a number of members who share my view of spammers. We can even start a new thread for you. Look for "Rancho".

------------------
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most
people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

#260009 - 12/06/01 08:53 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:

Front; RSX17123

Oh, here you are again! I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again...the RSX shocks basically suck! After driving on them for a few months I'm not happy at all. Rears are fine, but not the fronts. YIKES! I'll be buying Bilstiens before the end of the summer.

------------------
ChuckH
2000 SE 4x4, Aztec Red

#260010 - 13/06/01 06:00 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
RanchoRed Offline

Loc: Toledo, Ohio
I am just a loyal fan. I was just out looking for some accessories and stumbled onto this site. I usually don't get into discussions, but thought it might be cool.

------------------

#260011 - 14/06/01 11:47 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Quote:
Originally posted by SkiCalif:
They are available. I ordered mine yesterday.

Some have been valved differently(might be a different part#) for those with rear shackles and/or an ARB up front.

The fronts are 20% stiffer for less sag

------------------

#260012 - 14/06/01 11:54 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Quote:
Originally posted by xterra2k:
Anyone?

Call SLR... they have them in stock- 520-667-4757

------------------

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal