shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#259990 - 07/05/01 09:04 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by SkiCalif:
You can call spencer low racing to confirm.

No, don't call Spencer. If you're not going to order from them it's pretty uncool to use them for information so you can order them somewhere else. That's one of the advantages of ordering from them--they know part numbers--they know what to send you.

------------------
Eric Konarske & Lara, my X
'01 Solar Yellow XE 3 Pk. 4x4

#259991 - 07/05/01 09:43 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Xcalibur Offline

Loc: Moss Lake, Texas
Here is the stock # for the rear Bilstein's WITHOUT the sway bar and WITH the 2" Shackles.

F4-B46-2126-HO

Hope this helps!

G

------------------
G - Xcalibur and Li'l P-nut too

'01 Khaki XE-V6 4x4 3-pk
SWXC member #35

Lead, follow or get the hell out of my way!!!

'01 Khaki XE-V6 4x4 3-pk
SWXC member #35

#259992 - 08/05/01 10:45 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Quote:
Originally posted by Xcalibur:
Here is the stock # for the rear Bilstein's WITHOUT the sway bar and WITH the 2" Shackles.

F4-B46-2126-HO

Anyone know if those also work with the SLR replacement spring paks or is that a different part number? I plan to upgrade to those eventually, but do not want to buy new shocks twice. Also, do the shackles stay on when you get the new spring paks, or do the spring paks replace the shackles and go back to the stock shackles?

------------------
"got root?"
Join the Heartland Xterra Owners Club at www.hxoc.net

#259993 - 17/05/01 07:32 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Hank Offline

Loc: Tallahassee, FL
I've read all of the previous posts on where to purchase the Bilsteins, but I have not been able to find a anywhere local to buy or order these. I tried Autozone as suggested, but they can't find the part number from Bilstein in there database. I told them someone has ordered them from you (knowing no matter where the locale of the store, they share the same database), but they still couldn't find it. So is SLR the ONLY place I can get them? I was wondering if there were any place cheaper. How long did it take you guys to get the shocks once ordered from SLR?

------------------
2000 Yellow SE 4x4 5 Speed

"Never judge a person's horsepower by his exhaust."

#259994 - 17/05/01 07:35 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Hank:
How long did it take you guys to get the shocks once ordered from SLR?

They went out the same day. From there it's just a matter of shipping times.

------------------
Eric Konarske & Lara, my X
'01 Solar Yellow XE 3 Pk. 4x4

#259995 - 17/05/01 08:32 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Guy Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca.
Quote:
Originally posted by ChimChim:
Wow! The Bilsteins make a huge difference, day and night. Thanks BlueLeader! I got mine at ORW in San Diego, each one was $60 and they had them in stock. [b]DO NOT LET ORW DO THE INSTALL! My brother had some work done at ORW on his 4Runner. They cracked his radiator fan shield and didn't tell him about it. Instead, they just superglued it back together. After he found out about it they replaced the radiator fan shield for free.

Anyhoo, I got them installed at Knights Nissan and Toyota in San Marcos. I was referred to them by a CrewCab owner on the Yahoo Xterra board. They charged me $98 labor for all four shocks and they did a great job on the install. These guys are real friendly and seem to have a lot of repeat business from their customers. They're located at 230 Pawnee in San Marcos, 760-752-9727.

Thanks dude, now I know where to go and get mine.

------------------
01 Solar Yellow SE 4x4 Auto
Guy's Xterra Pics

[This message has been edited by guy (edited 05-17-2001).]

#259996 - 17/05/01 10:56 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Hank Offline

I finally ordered my Bilsteins. I went with shox.com Their price was pretty good. It's $209 for all four with the rear shocks being the ones made for the sway bar. I went ahead and ordered the rear shocks made for no sway bar. In their computer, the part number for the rear shocks without sway bar use comes up as the Toyota T100 shocks (as mentioned in a previous post). So my total was $219...with shipping it came out to $237. Thanks for all your help guys!!!

------------------

#259997 - 22/05/01 11:29 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Hank Offline

Got my Bilsteins in and installed them with some huge help from Pford - Range Rover owner. All in all, the install was pretty simple; it took a little longer in the front as expected, but once that was taken care of, it was smooth sailing. If anyone has some $$$ to spare, you might want to look into upgrading your shocks - Bilsteins, Ranchos, etc...you'll enjoy the ride much, much, more. And take that sway bar off!!! Articulation is good, articualtion is wise...that IS if you frequent off the beaten path...

------------------

#259998 - 23/05/01 07:45 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
PFord Offline

Loc: Tallahassee, FL, US
Quote:
Originally posted by Hank:
Got my Bilsteins in and installed them with some huge help from Pford - Range Rover owner.

Huge help?? All I did was provide a garage and tools. Once we figured out that Nissan was smarter than we thought (welded nut of front rear shock bracket) it was pretty smooth sailing.

Eat your wheaties before attempting this install though as the Bilsteins can be tough to compress by hand if you're not a hulking figure like me.

-P

------------------
1991 Range Rover
1986 BMW 325
Potential Unimog owner

#259999 - 23/05/01 09:25 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Ag_xterra Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
i ordered my bilstein shocks using the given part numbers above, longer rear shock for shackle and stiffer shock up from for an authorized bilstein dealer. if you have the part numbers they should be able to get them from bilstein direct somehow. if you have a friend who deals with them direct you'll get a better price also.

------------------
Silver Ice Xterra Xe
4x4 auto 3pk

#260000 - 23/05/01 11:48 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Hank Offline

Hulking? You Range Rover guys sure aren't humble...

------------------

#260001 - 23/05/01 02:09 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
pepper kay Offline

Loc: TX
I just got mine today direct from SLR ... ordered 'em last Friday, UPS dropped them off this morning ...

Installing tomorrow and impressions to follow ...

------------------
Pepper Kay

#260002 - 24/05/01 01:40 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
pepper kay Offline

They're installed and now have about 100 miles on them ...

Roll and pitch control are substantially improved and rebound recovery is tremendous ...

No more going up and down, up and down after running over a big bump or railroad tracks ...

These are the shocks that Nissan should have put on in the first place ...

Thanks to Lory and others who served as guiena pigs for testing ...

------------------
Pepper Kay

[This message has been edited by pepper kay (edited 05-25-2001).]

#260003 - 30/05/01 09:22 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Al_in_NY Offline

Loc: western NY
This thread is getting a bit long, but I think it's worth it to say thanks! I've got my Bilstein's on and it was well worth it. Thanks to the original Xterra owner who pursued this, and thanks to all of you who have posted your experiences with the Bilstein shocks!

------------------
Al

#260004 - 30/05/01 01:45 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Hank Offline

Long, but helpful...that's what XOC is all about!!! Not the long part

------------------

#260005 - 30/05/01 03:47 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
pepper kay Offline

I now have 1,000 miles on the new shocks and my impressions are the same as after the first 100 ...

Great shock ... wished Nissan did them as OEM, but glad that Bilstein saw fit to do them and SLR and list members participated in the fine tuning ...

Thanks one and all ...

------------------
Pepper Kay

#260006 - 12/06/01 02:01 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
RanchoRed Offline

Loc: Toledo, Ohio
Rancho release thier RSX shocks for the stock 4WDXterra in February. The part numbers are;

Front; RSX17123
Rear: RSX17124

The lifted Xterra kit utilizes RS9000's or RS5000's.

------------------

#260007 - 12/06/01 07:24 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
Mike Holmes Offline

Loc: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Quote:
Originally posted by RanchoRed:
Rancho release thier RSX shocks for the stock 4WDXterra in February. The part numbers are;

Front; RSX17123

I hope you're paying for all the advertising you're doing on XOC these days.

------------------
Mine:'01 Solar Yellow XE w/ lots of toys
Hers:'01 Super Black XE, 99% stock.
Urban Assault Xterra.com :Updated 5.22.01

#260008 - 12/06/01 08:21 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
anderair Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
Quote:

Front; RSX17123

Ranchored,

Do you actually have or at least have an interest in the Xterra? If so, welcome. However, if you are posting to sell more Rancho's, find another forum. People participate here because they value the experiences and recommendations of other fellow X'ers. You aren't adding much besides "Buy Rancho". It's still early in your posting career - perhaps I have misjudged you. Prove me wrong.

Perhaps you would care to join in some of our conversations in the ALR. I'm sure there are a number of members who share my view of spammers. We can even start a new thread for you. Look for "Rancho".

------------------
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most
people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

#260009 - 12/06/01 08:53 PM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:

Front; RSX17123

Oh, here you are again! I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again...the RSX shocks basically suck! After driving on them for a few months I'm not happy at all. Rears are fine, but not the fronts. YIKES! I'll be buying Bilstiens before the end of the summer.

------------------
ChuckH
2000 SE 4x4, Aztec Red

#260010 - 13/06/01 06:00 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
RanchoRed Offline

Loc: Toledo, Ohio
I am just a loyal fan. I was just out looking for some accessories and stumbled onto this site. I usually don't get into discussions, but thought it might be cool.

------------------

#260011 - 14/06/01 11:47 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Quote:
Originally posted by SkiCalif:
They are available. I ordered mine yesterday.

Some have been valved differently(might be a different part#) for those with rear shackles and/or an ARB up front.

The fronts are 20% stiffer for less sag

------------------

#260012 - 14/06/01 11:54 AM Re: Bilstein shocks for stock Xterra's are now available
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Quote:
Originally posted by xterra2k:
Anyone?

Call SLR... they have them in stock- 520-667-4757

------------------

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal