2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#260914 - 12/08/01 03:00 PM Calmini lift
vanhamj Offline

Loc: Gilbert, AZ
Has anyone installed the Calmini 3" lift? It seems like a good deal, but I want to make sure before dropping a thousand on the kit? I've read all the posts about SLR vs the AC lift, but I haven't seen anything from someone who installed this lift.

jeff_vanhammond@qwest.net

#260915 - 12/08/01 07:12 PM Re: Calmini lift
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Jeff,

I know of a couple people running the Calmini lift and after talking & riding with them they have been very pleased with the kit & the performance. IMO the kit has all the essentials, the components are high quality, heavy duty, and the Calmini support/customer service is 1st rate.

FYI review is available at: http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/archives/tech/0801_tech02.shtml

The one option I would like to see from Calmini regarding their kit is a choice of shocks or not which I hear is going to happen at some point? While the bundled shocks made by Tenneco and comparable to rancho 5000's like what AC offers in their base kit are an improvement over stock, Bilstein's would be a better choice IMO.

From what I've seen/heard almost everyone has been satisfied with their choice of lift kits or components and they all seem to be happy with the extra clearance and performance. While there obviously differences in what's included such as the shocks, options, ease of installation, or price it really boils down to which one best meets your requirements?

Good luck and let us know how things work out smile

#260916 - 13/08/01 08:53 AM Re: Calmini lift
cdnav8r Offline

Loc: Lewisville, TX, USA
We are installing a Calmini lift on our project truck. Carlton has just installed the AC lift and we have the same tires (swampers) so we should be able to have a good comparison for you when we trail test before GOX

#260917 - 13/08/01 11:38 AM Re: Calmini lift
Philosopher Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cdnav8r:
We are installing a Calmini lift on our project truck. Carlton has just installed the AC lift and we have the same tires (swampers) so we should be able to have a good comparison for you when we trail test before GOX

Carlton got ANOTHER set of tires? You go boy! smile

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal