2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#262737 - 10/04/07 08:30 AM Brake, maybe rotor, maybe tire issue.
Anonymous
Unregistered

about a year ago i had new brakes put on the Xterra. I had it done at Midas (never again), and we have had nothing but problems since. For one they over filled my oil and i was blowing black smoke after i left, and they had to flus my system. After about 3 months it felt like the brakes were grabbing again and just didn't feel right. they checked them and said they were fine. In Sep. i went to get the truck inspected and a different shop told me the wheel bearings were loose (Midas didn't tighten them i guess) i took them back to midas and they said they inspected them and that they were ok just loose and need to be tightened, but that they weren't damaged. Driving yesterday i could hear a noise from the passenger side wheel that when you get on the highway it almost sounds like a trash bag or something is caught in the wheel, but nothing is there. Did my bearings give out? any ideas?

#262738 - 11/04/07 03:54 PM Re: Brake, maybe rotor, maybe tire issue.
Anonymous
Unregistered

nobody has any ideas?

#262739 - 11/04/07 03:56 PM Re: Brake, maybe rotor, maybe tire issue.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Running with the bearing loose is a guarantee that the bearing is damaged. Id bring it back and insist that the bearing be replaced.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal