2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#262988 - 23/08/03 06:38 PM Big O Tires (anyone have experience?)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone purchased a set of Big O's Big Foot A/T Dual Groove tires?

My local dealer is offering me a set of these for 574.00 dollars (tax included).

They don't have the 30 in tire, so they're offering the 31 inch with free trimming.

I'd be grateful to hear what you think about overall performance (on and off road) and value on this tire.

Also has any had occasion to try out the warranty on a damaged tire? I'm curious to hear how the repair or exchange went. Their claim is that they have the best warranty in the USA.

Thanks

#262989 - 24/08/03 06:26 AM Re: Big O Tires (anyone have experience?)
XChosen Offline

Loc: Mustang, OK
It's funny you mention this. I stopped at Big O yesterday and saw the same deal. I just hadn't heard anyone's feedback on the tires.

#262990 - 24/08/03 07:53 PM Re: Big O Tires (anyone have experience?)
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
hey do youself a favor and go to discount tire and get some BFG all terrains. big O makes good tires but not for the higher price of the all terrains. plus they tried to nail me for new shocks once????? im on my second set of all terrains and they have saved my butt many a times. happy wheelin

Thomas Jefferson

#262991 - 25/08/03 06:18 AM Re: Big O Tires (anyone have experience?)
xterra2k Offline

Loc: Cin city, Oh.
A XJ friend has been running a set of Big O MT for 2 years now and hates them. They wore fast but are really slick in the rain even when he got them.
He bought them with 1000 miles on them (really cheap), someone hated them that much, that they took them back.

#262992 - 25/08/03 09:56 AM Re: Big O Tires (anyone have experience?)
Hawkeye Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs ,CO,USA
I'm on my 2nd pair of Big O XT's and am very satisfied with them, the first went 52k before replacement and my current pair is at 35k. What I like is that I had a flat at 52k on my first set, took it in, and since I had not reached my wear indicators yet, they replaced the tire no questions asked. So I bought 3 more to match. They are a little stiffer than stock and the XT's are quite aggressive so they are a little louder than stock, but other wise no complaints. I will probably get a third set before next winter.
Now:
'04 Ttan LE CC
"Drink it up, this ones for you, it's been a lovely cruise"-Buffett

#262993 - 25/08/03 10:04 AM Re: Big O Tires (anyone have experience?)
electrobuzz Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Can't speak for their product, but the service at my local shop is superior. The folks are responsive and professional on any work for either of our vehicles.

I've bought 2 sets of BFG AT's there and it is also nice to have free rotations for the life of the tires.

#262994 - 25/08/03 02:39 PM Re: Big O Tires (anyone have experience?)
CheetaraX Offline

Loc: Ft. Collins
I have no xperience running the dual groves on an x but I ran the 235 75 r15 on my old dakota LE x-cab and loved them. They handeled Oregon rain like a champ and powered through Colorado slush very well. The long wheel base helped as well but overall I was very satisfied with this tire on road. No experience with them off road but the shouldn't be any worse the stock.

ALAN KEE

#262995 - 26/08/03 07:29 PM Re: Big O Tires (anyone have experience?)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I did it. I went with the 31" BFG TA/KO's. The x looks really sexy with the new wheels.

My final price was 489.00, tax, ups and extras included. They beat Sam's by two dollars. Part of their deal is a pro-rated replacement warranty.

I expected that they'd know that trimming was required, but apparently they didn't. I got them to trim, but it wasn't nearly enough.

Gonna have to do that before we go to GOX.

Thanks for your help and suggestions!!!

#262996 - 26/08/03 07:42 PM Re: Big O Tires (anyone have experience?)
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
I've got Big O XT and love them. Their road hazzard (including off-road!!) is great and I've taken advantage of it a couple of times this past year. Trimming will be very minimal. I would go with the AT next time as they will wear better (I've had them on past vehicles). Good luck though and happy hunting.

never mind... laugh

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal