2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#263135 - 22/08/03 04:03 PM ONE or BOTH?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm getting the Calmini 3" Suspension lift for my Xterra. Because the kit comes with both Rear AAL's and Shackels, i was wondering if i should add both. They say that the back sits way to high up with both on ... so for now i'm thinking of only the AAL's to keep it level. ANY OPINIONS? ? confused

#263136 - 22/08/03 06:23 PM Re: ONE or BOTH?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
No one, anywhere has ever said it sits too high. Where are you getting your information ?

Your best bet would be to install the kit as the manufacturer instructs. The add-a-leaves work together with the shackles to achieve 3 inches of lift.

#263137 - 22/08/03 08:57 PM Re: ONE or BOTH?
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
If you don't put both in your truck will look like a dog with an itchy ass. eek

-Rick

#263138 - 23/08/03 02:18 AM Re: ONE or BOTH?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
No one, anywhere has ever said it sits too high. Where are you getting your information ?
Well since the rear is higher than the front from the factory, adding a 3" all around would just make it the same way just higher. Wouldn't it make it level if you add 3" to the front and only 1.5" to the rear (by not putting the shackels on)? Also wouldn't it handle better being level?

#263139 - 23/08/03 03:24 AM Re: ONE or BOTH?
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
You can level the truck by cranking on your t-bars once the new upper a-arms are installed. If you only add 1.5 to the back you would only get 1.5 out of the front or your front would be too high.

#263140 - 23/08/03 08:10 AM Re: ONE or BOTH?
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Do you pack people or gear in your truck? Do you take it offroad?

From what I've seen, it seems most people get a little more lift at the front then the back, but it depends on your springs. Unless you really dig the low ass look like old 4Runners have, then you better put both in, because they will settle and if you put anything in the truck it will look really stupid. There's a thread here somewhere where someone has just the AAL's or just the shackles in and the rear is lower than the front. If you take your truck offroad, having both will benefit you in that it will lift your gas tank higher off the ground and also the spring hangers, both of which tend to get beaten up on stock trucks because they ride a bit low.

I like having the nose down a bit; it makes the truck look more aggressive and allows me to load up gear and people without having 4Runneritus. Plus, I haven't hit the gas tank on anything since putting the lift in.

#263141 - 23/08/03 01:19 PM Re: ONE or BOTH?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good points everyone. I guess i was thinking of the looks, when i should be thinking about the preformance. I do Tow sometimes and go offroad and carry people, so i guess it would help to have both the shackels and AALs for when i need them the most.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal